FairPlayBet
    FairPlayBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bad trade for Boston Celtics

I feel that i must also say something about this latest trade between Boston Celtics and Oklahoma Thunder.
    In my opinion very bad trade for Celtics. Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic. Well, it is true that Perkins had problems with injuries, but as far as i know now injuries are behind him and i saw him doing well after he was back on the court. With him and baby Davis and Shaquille O'Neal, Celtics had three great big players. Now with Krstic, i'm not sure how it will look.
    I know Krstic very well. He is a great guy, in Europe he has played for Partizan Belgrade and first team in NBA was New Jersey. But very soon he was back to Europe, this time in Russian league. He needed hard work to come this far to this level. He was ok already with Nets, but by high level i mean to play for strong NBA team and to be in starting five, what he had in Oklahoma. Now i am not sure how much he could be usefull for Celtics. Actually, he could be useful but I doubt he will have significant minutes on the floor. So, for me this is bad move for Celtics and for him. Playing for the greatest team of all time is maybe too big step for Krstic at this point. Also seems that Celtics are not aware that thay can not count 100% on Shaq, because he always can easily be injured again after he came back on the court. I just would not like to see a scenario,Shaquille O'Neal injured again somewhere in the middle of play off, and than Celtics to lose a chance for championship title because of Krstic who i repeat, is good but not good enough for championship title. Aslo he almost has no experience of playing in the play off.
    Also i can not belive that Celtics so easily gave up from Robinson. Ok, he is far from top guards, but he was decent replacement for Rondo.
    Last edited by FairPlayBet; 02-24-11 at 07:07 PM.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

yay, another thread on the Celtics trade.