Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i'm chasing too, i'm on pau gasol under 18 points, hope he stinks tonight
    ****! u lost or push?

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    So let me get this straight, the refs fix the game so that the calls balance out and goes to OT?
    ahahahahaaaaaaaa
    did not say that, just agreed the way sportsman1313 talked about the game.
    it is obvious that the refs raised to the Blazers till they took the 10 point lead. After that, you watched what happened. if you ask me, this game was lost by accident and by Kobe's potential.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, blazers really blew this one..kobe did his thing tho

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    fleeben....u gotta really put into perspective the chance of it going to OT. Who knows, possibly yes and possibly no. It's not really relevant tho for the most part....lakers playing well in OT right now, let's see how this game ends. Hoping lakers win as they're my team and got a few buds on this board that's on them....interesting to see how it plays out
    I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Obviously going to OT is an unlikely event, but it does happen. Why would it happen if the fix was in on Portland?

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

mr. aldridge, point shaver during college at univ. of texas... lol Looking good for lakers backers rite now

IllicitX
    IllicitX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Lakers cover!!!

sportman1313

fleeben....yes, I think we can all agree that some games are absolutely fixed in one team's direction or specific for over or under. But what if there were purposeful fixes or influences by the refs that change throughout the game....say the halftime or even quarters, based on amount of money coming into the game and such??? I mean, there's a lot of money flowing and I wouldn't doubt this happening. Great win for Lakers backers!!!

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Kobe is just amazing. I knew he had impact on games, but this week he has just been great to me, with the All Star game and now this.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

loooooooooooooooooooool. I knew kobe would catch aldrige when he had about 15 pts. Machine. Big time shoit simular to the one he hit in boston last season when they won by a point.

sportman1313

congrats tullamore, madrabbit, and other lakers followers....

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

dam I wish i went an extra k on lakers like i was going to. That beinbg said i almost took spurs on the line for 2500. Lucky. Great day for me.

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I agree that some games are fixed, it's a matter of fact actually, but I'm trying to attack the mindset you see so often on this forum of "MY PICKS ARE LOSING CUZ REFS/FIX IS ON THE OTHER SIDE WTFFFFF"

I think it's obvious to everyone that this game was not fixed in the slightest and that is really all there is to it. We were talking about THIS game after all.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

I agree that some games are fixed, it's a matter of fact actually, but I'm trying to attack the mindset you see so often on this forum of "MY PICKS ARE LOSING CUZ REFS/FIX IS ON THE OTHER SIDE WTFFFFF"

I think it's obvious to everyone that this game was not fixed in the slightest and that is really all there is to it. We were talking about THIS game after all.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

I was on Lakers, but I do believe psychologically there is a tendency for refs to try to balance out fouls given. I checked how many FTs Attempted for each team near the end of regular time and it was like 8 to 21 in Portland's favor. If refs see this, there is a natural tendency to even it out a bit.

There are some people on here in the soccer forum who have ref contacts who admit to balancing out fouls given. I don't think it's totally done on purpose, but just human nature.

Scahom1
    Scahom1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wrote this game off as a goner in the 3rd, couldn't believe they covered and brought in the over.

It helped stop the bleeding tonight

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers didn't deserve that win, but the Blazers were handing out freebies...

That failure to close the game out is proof positive that Portland had better make a move before the deadline rolls around tomorrow or their chances of advancing out of the first round in the playoffs are non-existent.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

the refs were favoring blazers all game along...so many missed calls on lakers.....it was pathetic.

The only reason lakers won was because of some late game clutch shots.

sportman1313

tullamore....firstly, congrats on ya win bud. Also, I have to agree with you 100% about lakers squeeking out this win....blazers went 16-25 ft shooting and is normally the second best in the nba, the refs did everything to make sure they covered in regulation and they had about 3-5 shots in the 4th that could've put the game out of reach. Kobe is kobe and lakers got lucky at the end of it...that being said, I'm glad they won it. But there is no doubt in my mind about how some games are just reffed in a completely different and at times unbiased manner. Game 6 between lakers and kings many yrs ago is a prime example....27 fts in the 4th quarter??? Plenty of games this season has echoed the same theme....in fact, in one of them I lost quite a bit of money in guessing the wrong way.

Freebeen, by no means am I the prototypical poster who claims it's all fixed and all that stuff....but no one can deny the influence of how refs ref the game. It's not about them wanting the home team to win, it's not about them wanting the road team to win, each game is different and I believe that fixes and ways refs call the game varies on so many factors and can change during the games also. If you really pay attention in the games, you will most certainly pick it out....especially with the more notorious teams. I'm not complaining, but do realize that it is this attribute of sports that makes having a winning system almost impossible, b/c it's random and no significant patterns on a specific method will work continuously. Just gotta be smart and hope you're on the right side of the supposed fixes and such, that's my take on it....congrats to lakers backers again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    ahahahahaaaaaaaa
    did not say that, just agreed the way sportsman1313 talked about the game.
    it is obvious that the refs raised to the Blazers till they took the 10 point lead. After that, you watched what happened. if you ask me, this game was lost by accident and by Kobe's potential.
    Points Awarded:

tullamore21 gave sportman1313 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    tullamore....firstly, congrats on ya win bud. Also, I have to agree with you 100% about lakers squeeking out this win....blazers went 16-25 ft shooting and is normally the second best in the nba, the refs did everything to make sure they covered in regulation and they had about 3-5 shots in the 4th that could've put the game out of reach. Kobe is kobe and lakers got lucky at the end of it...that being said, I'm glad they won it. But there is no doubt in my mind about how some games are just reffed in a completely different and at times unbiased manner. Game 6 between lakers and kings many yrs ago is a prime example....27 fts in the 4th quarter??? Plenty of games this season has echoed the same theme....in fact, in one of them I lost quite a bit of money in guessing the wrong way.

Freebeen, by no means am I the prototypical poster who claims it's all fixed and all that stuff....but no one can deny the influence of how refs ref the game. It's not about them wanting the home team to win, it's not about them wanting the road team to win, each game is different and I believe that fixes and ways refs call the game varies on so many factors and can change during the games also. If you really pay attention in the games, you will most certainly pick it out....especially with the more notorious teams. I'm not complaining, but do realize that it is this attribute of sports that makes having a winning system almost impossible, b/c it's random and no significant patterns on a specific method will work continuously. Just gotta be smart and hope you're on the right side of the supposed fixes and such, that's my take on it....congrats to lakers backers again.

TRUE

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers on a win streak. 2 games now.

First 123