Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Anyone else like the new Nuggets?

I think they are better off without Anthony. But wish the still had Billups.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Denver will remain a good solid team but they will need that supa star to get them over the hump

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

smith

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will lose in the first round 4-1.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will be much better and much more consistant. Lawson can run the team just fine. Before Carmelo took the show and it ran through him. They will not be one dimensional and better defensivally. They will be better now

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Must I remind everyone that Cleveland looked great after beating Boston, then look at what happened...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

yeah i like them, but we don't know if they are complete "as-is" or
    if they still need a couple pieces. They may be complete now, but it
    will take time.
    tomorrow night I am taking Boston, this Denver group of players is not a team
    who is ready to face that kind of opposition yet.. but I think we can soon
    expect them to chew up some under<500 teams, and start establishing identity.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Definitely better without Anthony
    Denver always played well when he was out

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Their going to look and play like alot of those suns teams of the past decade. They should still make the playoffs.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Must I remind everyone that Cleveland looked great after beating Boston, then look at what happened...

Was thinking the same thing. But Cleveland doesn't has the talent the Nuggets still has with JR, Lawson, and Nene. Adding Gillanari and Felton should help. But this new Nuggets has no shot advancing past the 1st round, if they even make it into the playoffs.

They beat Memphis who's garbage anyways, but they will struggle against teams that is smart enough the make the Nuggets beat them outside. They really only got one guy that can create his own shot, and we still don't know how consistent he's going to be.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Just made a prop bet on them to lose in the 1st round (meaning i think they will still make the playoffs) so i like them.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. But Cleveland doesn't has the talent the Nuggets still has with JR, Lawson, and Nene. Adding Gillanari and Felton should help. But this new Nuggets has no shot advancing past the 1st round, if they even make it into the playoffs. They beat Memphis who's garbage anyways, but they will struggle against teams that is smart enough the make the Nuggets beat them outside. They really only got one guy that can create his own shot, and we still don't know how consistent he's going to be.

Didn't even mention Wilson Chandler who is a very SOLID player. Big wingspan and plays better D than carmello at the 3 spot.

It'll be weird to see what the starting lineup is now.

Felton, Afflalo, Chandler, Gallinari, Nene.

Bring K mart off the bench? Or play Gallinari at the 3

Chandler start at the 3 Gallanari start at the 3 or JR Smith start at the 3?

However it all plays out they will have a few solid guys that could start on most teams coming off the bench. Whether it be JR Smith, K Mart and Lawson, or however they decide to start players. But they should be able to mix up lineups quite easily.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The one thing they have going for them is they're deep as hell right now. They go 9-10 players deep. They can almost field an NBA caliber starting 5 with their 5 off the bench.

serc
    serc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

They will need a few years to build up and compete on high level

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Didn't even mention Wilson Chandler who is a very SOLID player. Big wingspan and plays better D than carmello at the 3 spot.

It'll be weird to see what the starting lineup is now.

Felton, Afflalo, Chandler, Gallinari, Nene.

Bring K mart off the bench? Or play Gallinari at the 3

Chandler start at the 3 Gallanari start at the 3 or JR Smith start at the 3?

However it all plays out they will have a few solid guys that could start on most teams coming off the bench. Whether it be JR Smith, K Mart and Lawson, or however they decide to start players. But they should be able to mix up lineups quite easily.
    GK said Chandler will be 6th man. I think Chandler is the best player in the deal, he'll earn his spot eventually.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    GK said Chandler will be 6th man. I think Chandler is the best player in the deal, he'll earn his spot eventually.
    Good to know. I wonder if they are planning on starting Gallinari or JR Smith at the 3 then?

demens
    Square -910

Gallinari

vegasfred
    vegasfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

Despite losing to DEN last night, I think MEM will overtake them. They've played really well lately and are only 2 games off. PHO is also playing well lately, and are also only 2 back in the loss column. People all talk about how the Knicks are going to have to adjust to a new lineup, DEN will go through the same. Emotional win last night to prove to the world they don't need Carmelo but I'd look for them to fall out of the playoffs along with UTA.