lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

hawks ml in phoenix

Gonna wait till later but gotta love the hawks here on the rebound. Line is only -3 for the suns. Hawks. Go into phoenix and get the win. Looking at a dime minimum on hawks ML. Let's see how the line comes out but hoping for at least +140.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I get what you're saying, but this team has been fvcking atrocious in spots lately.

Still can't believe you took the Grizz tonight. Old LB would've hammered Denver.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Did u just watch the same game as I did???
    Ill take the Suns trying to make the playoffs over a team playing B2B coming off an abolishment.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Gonna wait till later but gotta love the hawks here on the rebound. Line is only -3 for the suns. Hawks. Go into phoenix and get the win. Looking at a dime minimum on hawks ML. Let's see how the line comes out but hoping for at least +140.
    you dont have to love this at all and quite frankly backing the atlanta hawks away is stupid win or lose.

Suns will smash them.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

lol yea gotta chase all of yesterdays losses huh

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather take magic or spurs to cover. I think magic will cover even if its -17

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    I'd rather take magic or spurs to cover. I think magic will cover even if its -17
    Not sure about Magic, but I like Spurs. Public will hammer OKC at that "big" number.

LordCC
    LordCC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4235

I agree with the play as any team that gets embarrassed, wants to atone for it quickly. You can never underestimate pride and as much as the Hawks are a Jekyll & Hyde team, they come to play against Phoenix.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

no way jose... hawks are down and out.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Guys there was an old concept in NBA handicapping that you should back a team after a blowout loss.

Recently Hawks were in this situation, just last week after an ass whipping by the 76ers. They subsequently went on to beat the pistons in a laugher.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the game, and happy you are in agreement.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

houlihans and lakerboy....agree with both of ya'll. After a blowout loss, that team often bounces back big in their next game (of course there are exceptions, but eventually the team bounces back strong generally speaking). I think hawks will be in a better position for the game tomorrow and actually match up better against suns than the lakers....it's gonna be interesting how the lines come out but hawks were in this same situation about a week or two ago. Might possibly be a good play, especially considering that suns haven't played for a while and are so prone to going on cold shooting streaks....when they play bad, they REALLY play bad. Hawks have served me real well this season, whether on or against them lol so I may consider a play.

stevenash13
    stevenash13's Avatar Become A Pro!

like the suns here

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Hawks are a playoff team even though they're overrated. Playoff teams know how to recover after blowouts like tonight. If the ML creeps up to +140 I'll jump on! GL!

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Guys there was an old concept in NBA handicapping that you should back a team after a blowout loss.

Recently Hawks were in this situation, just last week after an ass whipping by the 76ers. They subsequently went on to beat the pistons in a laugher.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the game, and happy you are in agreement.
    Well if you use that reasoning, then I might add a very recent scenario: Lakers get blown out by 20 pts in Charlotte and then go on to play Cleveland, and we all know what happened.

Sometimes a team just hits the skids. They have lost four of their last five.
    Now if Atlanta were going back home I might take them to lay an ass whupping on whomever comes into town. Phoenix is hungry though to make the playoffs. This will be Nash's last year with NBA. I see Phoenix running on all four cylinders and giving a good home show before embarking on the road for a tough stretch in the east.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

im interested in this "old theory", lets see how it plays out. My lean is still the Suns but I am just going to pass on this game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

This will be Nash's last year with NBA.

Nash has 11+ million left on his contract.He isnt going anywhere.

Secondly, we all know why the Lakers failed to respond on their long road trip. Their goal was to beat the Celtics. Nothing more. Lakers have proved over the years that they dont respect 2nd rate competition. So that losing streak was old hat for the LakeShow.

Besides no theory, system, or concept has a 100% hit rate.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

After watching the "game" tonight the hawks will never be bet on again by me no matter the spread. It looked like they were all high and in slow motion. I dont know what the hell they must have been doing the night before but they played like they were on a 1 week crack bender. I hope your right and i hope you cash but i would still lean phoenix here. its a no play for me along with the knicks game tomorrow good luck!!

EXpertcapper
    EXpertcapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 732

I agree

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7632

hawks have lost 4 of last 5

joe johnson cold again

they are not that good

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

hawks like most nba teams, tons of talent no leadership. if they were paid not to lose by 20 you can bet your ass they would be in every game til the end win or lose.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Since last year's playoff, Hawks is the only team I won't bet on their bounce back. They are a bunch of guys who really do not care about each other.

ghn999
    ghn999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I don't know how many time I have bet the Hawks. They have screw me so man time. I hate them. GO SUNS.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

copy/paste from my thread:

Atlanta Hawks +3
    Ouch! Lakers smashed Hawks by 24. That hurts. No need to think about that loss if you have a match the next day. Hawks will jump angry on the Suns to revenge their homeloss back in November. Hawks are 12-4 SU in b2b matches, winning by an average of 7 points. And with the rest from the Allstar-Weekend the b2b should be a even less factor.
    Last time Hawks were embarrased in the first game if a back2back (59-100 loss to NO) they answered with a 103-87 roadwin over the bobcats.
    Hawks are 5-2 SU and 6-1 ATS playing back2back coming off a loss.

All that said I do like the UNDER here aswell. The Under is 11-5 in Hawks b2b games and I do see them stepping up defensive here bigtime. In back2back games HAwks only allowed an average of 89,6 points!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Maybe wait till the public hammers the suns then take the +4 instead of ML. Small play on hawks for me if this happens.

atari5200
    atari5200's Avatar Become A Pro!

a dime on the hawks? really? i got the suns for a unit.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck with the play LB

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

ATL +3 is the play!

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like ATL +3 here at all.

nbaprofosor
    nbaprofosor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Raps +7 -110 (2x) Grizz +2 -110 (3x) wiz +2.5 -110 (1.5x) Clips +8.5 -110 (2x)
    atlanta can realy get this one .but after teribble picks yesterday it will not make you innocent hero .sory for those people who follewed you
    with your fantastic teams wiz/clips/raps
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-09-15 at 04:10 PM. Reason: image does not exist

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Atlanta should be able to bounce back here.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Looks like you may need to do some line-shopping to get the +140 but i like this play as well. Good luck.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take a team that plays together, that has a deep bench, that is hungry and moving (PHX) over a team like Atlanta that doesn't even seem like they like each other half the time.

I believe the motivation to win at home and get a powerful start to second half of the season is larger than the motivation to avenge an ass whuppin' the night before by the defending champions.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

so is this play still good?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Last time the Hawks got smashed, they beat the Bobcats easily in the next game in Charlotte.

But then again, JJ could shoot.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Hawks 1Q could be play of the night.

12 Last