lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

carmelo fiasco

is a joke both teams giving up too much!!!!! they should let him hang himself and pull out of the deals, he has alot too lose millions of dollars, dont dismantle your teams to feed into another prima donna ego. teams should dictate not the players let him rot , comes july when he out millions he has nobody to blame but his own selfishness and ego!!!!!!

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

They are all to blame for this, not just Melo. Urij and Kroeke, Billy King and Prokhorov, Dolan and Isiah and Walsh. Melos retarded agents. All deserve blame. I think the spectacle has been very close to the Decision. It was just spread out over a course of a season to soften the blow and Melo never made a secret about his desire to leave Denver unlike Lebron. So he is slightly less of a bad guy. But this has been a fiasco like you said.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

beyond over it all

i blame denver.. they have no leverage yet act like they do, its funny

demens
    Square -910

Its funny that with soo much information about this available, some people still dont get wants going on here. Denver has ALL the leverage now, ALL OF IT. They called Melo bluff, they know he wants the money more then anything, they called Nets bluff got them to up the offer THREE times, they know Nets want Melo at whatever the cost. And they managed to get the Knicks management to fight with each other and realize they want Melo at no matter the cost. And they have upped their offer three times now as well. Steered away from the only pro involved in this whole thing Donnie Walsh, a guy that turn NY from a team cripple by horrific contacts into one with cap space that is in line to make the play-offs for the 1st time in forever, and turn to the owners nutcase bff Isiah that put them in this situation in the 1st place.

Denver has gone about this in the most shady and unprofessional way they could have, i'm sure that will leave a stain on their franchise after this is all done with but for the moment they are calling all the shots right now and will end up getting a great at the last minute when in the real world their end should have been losing value with every passing day with the risk of getting nothing at all.
    Last edited by demens; 02-21-11 at 04:02 PM.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler View Post
    is a joke both teams giving up too much!!!!! they should let him hang himself and pull out of the deals, he has alot too lose millions of dollars, dont dismantle your teams to feed into another prima donna ego. teams should dictate not the players let him rot , comes july when he out millions he has nobody to blame but his own selfishness and ego!!!!!!
    Yes! Knicks and Nets are 2 fools fighting for this worthless piece of SHIT.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.S. View Post
    Yes! Knicks and Nets are 2 fools fighting for this worthless piece of SHIT.
    You might not know this, but the NBA is a business. Basketball is not really the #1 priority for ANYONE in the NBA. Its about money. And not the chump change $60M contracts like Melo is trying to get, or the $10M he might lose if he doesnt. Its about $200-500M Franchises who in the red year in and year out. Melo is worth a shitload to both the Nets and Knicks for reasons that go far past dribbling a basketball.
    Last edited by demens; 02-21-11 at 04:21 PM.

Daverrd
    Daverrd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

this thing has dragged out way too long!
    I get the feeling he is loving every minute of it too, they're dragging it out even more than Lebron's decision to take his talents to south beach

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo holds all the cards not Denver..if Melo doesn't sign an extension he will not go anywhere. Yes he will lose out on some money but will end up in NY anyway and will make up for it with other opportunity's

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Denver has leverage because of that new CBA deal, so no one knows what's gonna happen. If he doesn't get traded, I'm pretty sure he's gonna sign the extension so he won't risk losing 65M guaranteed in 3 yrs.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Melo holds all the cards not Denver..if Melo doesn't sign an extension he will not go anywhere. Yes he will lose out on some money but will end up in NY anyway and will make up for it with other opportunity's

"some money"???? Try $20M, atleast thats what some experts believe he stands to lose. Sorry buddy, but Melo has laid all his cards out on the table. He wants the money. Period.

wezdaboss
    wezdaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wheres he gonna end up??

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

After all this i hope the Nuggets lose Melo and get nothing in return. Denver are being way to greedy, especially what they are asking from the nets.

vieruccio
    vieruccio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lonegambler, damn thieft, my points? MY points!!!