mitmur1998
    mitmur1998's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    guy had a triple double. some of you must be drunk.
    Either that or high on crack

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Since when does scoring 37 trump a triple-double? Kobe got the MVP because the game was played on his home court and his team won. He didn't have a better performance than Lebron tonight.
    This.

Lebron didn't get dunked on, he simply wasn't able to get the block from behind. Name me one other player on that court who would even give the effort to try to make that play.

Lebron should have been MVP of this game as he had the most impressive performance, but the West winning means Kobe got it. You can thank Dwight Howard's no-show for that. Also, anyone who seriously thought Derrick Rose was in contention for MVP this season needs to re-evaluate things after tonight. Rose looked out of place on that court.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-324079

Video: Kobe dunks on, taunts LeBron in All-Star Game win
    By Chris Chase

LeBron James(notes) almost -- almost -- got the better of Kobe Bryant(notes) at the NBA All-Star Game. But on his home floor, Kobe got the last laugh.
    For a while it appeared all but certain that Kobe would be named MVP of the game on his home court at the Staples Center. The Los Angeles Lakers star had 37 points midway through the fourth quarter and appeared to be on his way to setting Wilt Chamberlin's all-time game scoring record of 42. He and the West All-Stars were cruising in the game with a double-digit lead.
    Then LeBron went into another gear and began playing the All-Star Game like it was a playoff game (any playoff game besides Game 5 of the 2010 conference finals, that is). The Miami Heat star took over the game an awe-inspiring display that cut a double-digit deficit to two points. He earned the second-ever All-Star triple double in the process, finishing the game with 29 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists (Michael Jordan had the other). It wasn't enough though, and the West held on for a 148-143 win.
    By Monday afternoon, all of that will be forgotten. The highlights will live on, none more than this clip, which typified Sunday night's battle between the game's two greatest players. A stunning sight, indeed. (Not the dunk, the fact that a player in the All-Star Game put so much effort into getting back on defense.)Kobe dunks on LeBron and then gives his younger counterpart a little pat on the rear. If butt-taps were worth a thousand words, Kobe's would have said, "you may call yourself the King, but it's still my throne."
    Bryant finished with 37 points and 14 rebounds, both game highs, in his MVP performance.

TheThreeKings

You don't get it, being out on a fastbreak ahead of the defense does not qualify as dunking on someone. Lebron could have easily just let him go, as every other player in that game would have done. Instead, he tried to make a play on the ball. Kobe respected the effort, hence his slap on the ass.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

TheThreeKings

"Avoids block" is far more accurate.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    You don't get it, being out on a fastbreak ahead of the defense does not qualify as dunking on someone. Lebron could have easily just let him go, as every other player in that game would have done. Instead, he tried to make a play on the ball. Kobe respected the effort, hence his slap on the ass.
    According to Chris Chase and other sports columnists you are incorrect. We can argue apples and oranges but everyone is talking about how Kobe dunked on Lebron and took the MVP

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Sensational title for hits this is expected especially for a major news source. Others agree you have to be infront of the dunker to be dunked on, common sense.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    According to Chris Chase and other sports columnists you are incorrect. We can argue apples and oranges but everyone is talking about how Kobe dunked on Lebron and took the MVP
    First of all, I don't give a f\*\*k about what Chris Chase says, ever. Second, of course those are the headlines, they draw more attention. Clearly you've never played the game.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Sensational title for hits this is expected especially for a major news source. Others agree you have to be infront of the dunker to be dunked on, common sense.
    OK well we can argue this all night. It doesn't really matter. We seen the better player win the MVP for the All star game. Lebron is talented and if he puts in the effort should someday reach close to Kobe's level.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

First of all, I don't give a f\*\*k about what Chris Chase says, ever. Second, of course those are the headlines, they draw more attention. Clearly you've never played the game.
    I just posted the story. Your boy got shown up tonight. He did have a great game though I'll give him that. Oh and I've played the game FYI

TheThreeKings

OK well we can argue this all night. It doesn't really matter. We seen the better player win the MVP for the All star game. Lebron is talented and if he puts in the effort should someday reach close to Kobe's level.
    Laughable. He passed Kobe two years ago. He's better on both ends of the floor right now.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Laughable. He passed Kobe two years ago. He's better on both ends of the floor right now.
    Yeah right. LOL That's why he needed to move to the Heat to have a chance of winning a championship. Don't take this so personal. Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe and we all witnessed it tonight.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you possibly think Lebron got dunked on after watching that?

TheThreeKings

I just posted the story. Your boy got shown up tonight. He did have a great game though I'll give him that. Oh and I've played the game FYI
    Waaaait a minute here. Lebron got "shown up"? It's reasonable to argue that Kobe deserved MVP. However, it's completely unreasonable to say that a player who just put up the second triple double in All-Star history (and a far more emphatic one than Jordan) got "shown up".

MendozaLine

please give me what you are smoking

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Waaaait a minute here. Lebron got "shown up"? It's reasonable to argue that Kobe deserved MVP. However, it's completely unreasonable to say that a player who just put up the second triple double in All-Star history (and a far more emphatic one than Jordan) got "shown up".
    Like I said. Lebron played a great game. Kobe MVP

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Both are great players but I got to say Lebron is that new breed. Kobe has that finesse shot but at the end of the day Lebron is taller, bigger, stronger, faster and scores just as easy without all the finesse.

TheThreeKings

Like I said. Lebron played a great game. Kobe MVP
    2nd ever triple-double = "shown up" to you. Did you watch the game? The East were down 14 points with 10 minutes remaining when Lebron checked in in the 4th. He then scored 12 points and had a few assists to bring the game to within 2. Pretty damn impressive performance and I'd take it over Kobe's ballhogging any day.

MendozaLine

I am in utter disbelief at what I am reading from you. I am in no way shape, or form a Lebron fan. But give the guy some credit. He is and has been the best player in the game for a while now.

And by the way, when has Kobe ever won anything without an all star big man on his team? I remember him crying and bitching about how Bynum wasn't the answer and that he wanted out of L.A once he realized he couldn't win without Shaq.
    Yeah right. LOL That's why he needed to move to the Heat to have a chance of winning a championship. Don't take this so personal. Lebron can't hold a candle to Kobe and we all witnessed it tonight.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

embarrassed at cavs now kobe is going for redemption.

Don't forget to bet on Lakers this coming Tuesday against Atlanta.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

We'll see who ends up winning the championship. Down the stretch I think LA can still outplay the Heat.

But as a homer I say the Bulls surprise everyone and win the whole damn thing. Btw, doesn't my avatar look like Joakim Noah's dark skinned brotha if he had one? This dude from Nu Yawk too.

Both are great players but I got to say Lebron is that new breed. Kobe has that finesse shot but at the end of the day Lebron is taller, bigger, stronger, faster and scores just as easy without all the finesse.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

2nd ever triple-double = "shown up" to you. Did you watch the game? The East were down 14 points with 10 minutes remaining when Lebron checked in in the 4th. He then scored 12 points and had a few assists to bring the game to within 2. Pretty damn impressive performance and I'd take it over Kobe's ballhogging any day.
    Yeah and they almost won. ALMOST!

TheThreeKings

Yeah and they almost won. ALMOST!
    Yup, had Dwight Howard broke a sweat or had Derrick Rose played like the MVP candidate he's supposed to be it might have made the difference. I'll still take the guy who brought his team from 14 down to within 2 any day.

Moral of the story is you have proved your opinion worthless by claiming Kobe dunked on Lebron and that Lebron got "shown up".

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Yup, had Dwight Howard broke a sweat or had Derrick Rose played like the MVP candidate he's supposed to be it might have made the difference. I'll still take the guy who brought his team from 14 down to within 2 any day.

Moral of the story is you have proved your opinion worthless by claiming Kobe dunked on Lebron and that Lebron got "shown up".
    I posted the article with the headline and provided the video. If that's not good enough for you then I don't know what to tell you. Kobe received the MVP and the west won the game.

reppin_the_847

D Rose cares more about his Bullies than an All-Star East squad that only exists for a single night against a Western audience lol.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    D Rose cares more about his Bullies than an All-Star East squad that only exists for a single night against a Western audience lol.
    He's a great player, he's just not MVP-level, at least yet. It showed very clearly tonight.

Bswitz32
    Update your status
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Dont think you can say he DUNKED on Lebron.....did he finish a dunk while Lebron attempted to block it YES....but DUNKED ON...not so much.

Lebron is not as good as KOBE and yes he had a triple double but thats only because he got a fire under his ass and he didnt pass

BOL

NBA_Brosuf

Rose played well with his own team because he is authorized to do so. With All star games, it is the battle of team captains.

With kobe, you stick him in any team and he will try to shine.

You don't become a ball hog for no reason.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post
    Dont think you can say he DUNKED on Lebron.....did he finish a dunk while Lebron attempted to block it YES....but DUNKED ON...not so much.

Lebron is not as good as KOBE and yes he had a triple double but thats only because he got a fire under his ass and he didnt pass

BOL
    You realize you just mentioned he had a triple double and then said he didn't pass in the same sentence right? Kobe was the one who didn't pass, and several other all-stars commented on it after the game.

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by Bswitz32 View Post

BOL

Lebron plays like an Olga while Kobe is a pretty boy like how Jordan plays like a pretty boy.

Kobe is like water. HE is fluid on the court like Bruce Lee.

reppin_the_847

I can see your point there. He still can improve even more. But from the perspective of a Chicago Bulls homer & fan, I truly believe that our team can defeat powerhouses such as the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic & even the Miami Heat if we have a fully cohesive team without any injuries. We may not have the big names, but we have way more unity than ever (esp. at home). We need to get over our road woes & we're set. We have some total no-names tearing it up. People like Taj Gibson, Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, etc. While Noah was out, Big Sexy (veteran Kurt Thomas) really put in some work, lol. The postseason is gonna be thrilling to watch.

He's a great player, he's just not MVP-level, at least yet. It showed very clearly tonight.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

We'll see who ends up winning the championship. Down the stretch I think LA can still outplay the Heat.

But as a homer I say the Bulls surprise everyone and win the whole damn thing. Btw, doesn't my avatar look like Joakim Noah's dark skinned brotha if he had one? This dude from Nu Yawk too.
    Lmao. anyway Bulls are real good they just ate up the #1 seed on the West but I really can't see any team getting passed this Heat D in the playoffs. Only time will tell and @threekings there is no way you can judge D. Rose MVPness during the break. I hear his work ethic is really good and its hard to just tone it down for such a meaningless weekend its like he is trying to try not to play his best which is real awkward.

TheThreeKings

I can see your point there. He still can improve even more. But from the perspective of a Chicago Bulls homer & fan, I truly believe that our team can defeat powerhouses such as the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic & even the Miami Heat if we have a fully cohesive team without any injuries. We may not have the big names, but we have way more unity than ever (esp. at home). We need to get over our road woes & we're set. We have some total no-names tearing it up. People like Taj Gibson, Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, etc. While Noah was out, Big Sexy (veteran Kurt Thomas) really put in some work, lol. The postseason is gonna be thrilling to watch.
    The Bulls are a very strong team this year no doubt. I think Rose has even more upside as well. I'm just getting kind of sick of his new fanboy army that thinks he's all of a sudden an MVP. Three players stood head and shoulders above the rest tonight: Lebron, Kobe, and Durant. Wade is in that category as well but obviously the ankle limited him tonight. Rose sits in that second-best tier of stars right now.

The playoffs, particularly in the East, will be amazing to watch this year.

NBA_Brosuf

Lmao. anyway Bulls are real good they just ate up the #1 seed on the West but I really can't see any team getting passed this Heat D in the playoffs. Only time will tell but there is no way you can judge D. Rose MVPness during the break. I hear his work effort is really good and its hard to just tone it down for such a meaningless weekend its like he is trying to try not to play his best which is real awkward.
    Rose being spoken by his own players as being a humble man. A humble man does not shoot for MVP status. A humble man let MVP status shoots him instead.

First 1234 Last