alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Ibaka Dunk

For me his dunk as a 7footer taking it in from behind the Free throw line was the dunk of the night. No prop, just pure talent. Noone had ever done this before from behind the line so it was unique. Yet he got the worst vote. Fuppin joke

MadMajor
    MadMajor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 967

i agree. the voting was just ridiculous, especially griffins second to get him to the final

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

It's because it has been done before. Dr. J, Jordan, Barry...I personally thought it was the 2nd best dunk of the night (McGee's 2 basket was my favorite)but that's the way it goes. I mean Ibaka could have probably cleared 2 cars from the line but Griffin won because he's the hometown favorite, pulled out all the theatrics, and is a likely face (even though he's pretty damn ugly imo) of the NBA for the next 10-15 years if he stays healthy.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Have a truck or some sort of props undearneath him would make the dunk more ferocious. I would suggest to have bunch of kids covering the free throw lane and him dunking above all of em. What you think of that, that would be sick in the eyes you know. It will show how much ground this guy can cover.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Ibaka is NOT a 7 footer!

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Ibaka's dunk should have got a 49 minimum

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should've dunked that kid.

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    It's because it has been done before. Dr. J, Jordan, Barry...I personally thought it was the 2nd best dunk of the night (McGee's 2 basket was my favorite)but that's the way it goes. I mean Ibaka could have probably cleared 2 cars from the line but Griffin won because he's the hometown favorite, pulled out all the theatrics, and is a likely face (even though he's pretty damn ugly imo) of the NBA for the next 10-15 years if he stays healthy.
    Yup your correct that the dunk had been done before but on every occasion the takeoff was inside the free throw line and therefore closer to the basket. Ibakas foot was behind the line which made it truely amazing. I agree with you too that McGees 2 basket dunk was special. These two should have been the finalists.

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

ibaka def got hosed, hope he tries again next yr

awesomeness
    awesomeness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Ibaka for africa president

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

it was a pretty sick dunk, yeah

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

def. was my favorite of the night...was disappointed about the score only being a 45, but was more disappointed with mcgee's final dunk..wtf, i can almost do that lol just kidding but seriously, an off the backboard thrown down..come on

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

He got robbed on that dunk

mustbeme13
    mustbeme13's Avatar Become A Pro!

that dunk was the best of the night

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Quote Originally Posted by $Burm$ View Post
    def. was my favorite of the night...was disappointed about the score only being a 45, but was more disappointed with mcgee's final dunk..wtf, i can almost do that lol just kidding but seriously, an off the backboard thrown down..come on
    He was either told by Stern to lose on purpose, or he was SEVERELY underprepared.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

awesome dunk.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got robbed on the dunk, and they robbed me of my .1x on him winning the thing.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

That behind the line dunk should have won the thing for him if this were a REAL contest. That teddy bear in the mouth BS cost him any respect at the end, wtf is so special about biting a toy and dunking?

Raider3
    Raider3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Ibaka is NOT a 7 footer!
    Finally. I was telling that to everybody tonight. He's 6'10. Just like Griffin. And the announcers kept saying he's 7'0..

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Yup your correct that the dunk had been done before but on every occasion the takeoff was inside the free throw line and therefore closer to the basket. Ibakas foot was behind the line which made it truely amazing. I agree with you too that McGees 2 basket dunk was special. These two should have been the finalists.
    Ohh please. His toe WERE on the line he was not completely behind it and this Dunk has been done a MILLION TIMES! Freaking Breat Barry did that dunk. So Ibaka was an inch further away and a "7 footer", big whoop.

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Ohh please. His toe WERE on the line he was not completely behind it and this Dunk has been done a MILLION TIMES! Freaking Breat Barry did that dunk. So Ibaka was an inch further away and a "7 footer", big whoop.
    LOL at this idiot... Without a doubt if we ever ran a contest for the most unconstructive poster on this forum....Here is your winner.

Demens do us all a favour and FCK OFF....

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Yeh he was suppose to move on to the second round. Someone I was wathcing the contest with made the argument that if they gave him 50 it would be too early, but I said F THAT! The man jumped from behind the free throw line, NO ONE HAVE EVER DONE THIS IN NBA HISTORY!
    Last edited by wikkidinsane; 02-20-11 at 11:02 AM.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by $Burm$ View Post
    He should have kept attempting the first dunk because that shit looked bananas

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

precisely my thought, best dunk of the night

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah that was amazing...to get a 45 on that he got robbed

million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

Yeah he had a sick first dunk, should have been in the finals.
    Blake Griffin had a great first dunk too, but after that he wasn't all that impressive.
    I mean jumping over the hood of a car, it was just a normal dunk, but they brought out all the bells and whistles and rewarded him for that on the score, but in terms of just the dunk it was probably the worst of the night.

The NBA is trying to build up another star in Blake, he shouldn't have won.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Yall must have missed Mike Conley Sr and his 2 hand dunk from the free throw line. Dude was a world class triple jumper.

Here's a series of free throw dunks... Sick

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

yeah it was rigged just like games. I was listeing to the radio Thursday and someone I don't remember called the dunk over the car. So why would he wait till last if he wasn't gonna be in finals. Only thing that was different was he dunked over a KIA instead of a maybach.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yall must have missed Mike Conley Sr and his 2 hand dunk from the free throw line. Dude was a world class triple jumper.

ALl of these was insite the line and Ibaka's was behind the line

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Ibaka got robbed!!

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I think it was a really good dunk. Yes it was behind the line. But lets be honest. It was only about 8" farther back then Jordan. Jordan also did it with more style. But he did do a good job with bringing out all the people with the banners and flags.

As far as Griffins dunk goes, I like it. Was it the best dunk ever? No but it was good. What I liked was the ball toss from the moon roof. Without that it just would have been a car ad dunk. They guys in the amateur dunk contest were jumping higher by going over people so he needed the toss from the car to make it a good dunk. I think he should have waited another 20 seconds or so and built it up more.

Its all about the show. Dee Brown stopping to pump up his shows was amazing. That got the crowd going. His no look dunk was great as well.

In that same contest Shawn Kempt did the same dunk as Ibaka but was about 2 feet closer to the next but it looked more impressive with the sissor kick gave it that little be extra that made up for the lack of distance.

James

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

If you voted in the final - you got a text today to have a chance to have Blakes dunk on your phone. Id rather have Ibakas dunk!

jsell2200
    jsell2200's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me his dunk as a 7footer taking it in from behind the Free throw line was the dunk of the night. No prop, just pure talent. Noone had ever done this before from behind the line so it was unique. Yet he got the worst vote. Fuppin joke
    Not much of a DUNK...more of a lay in !!!

jsell2200
    jsell2200's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Mike Conly....foot planted after free throw line.....you are ignorant.