dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I have a question for all the knicks fans

What's your thoughts on the carmelo trade rumors? I understand that the city of NY wants melo badly but is there anyone who really believes that one player is really worth the entire starting lineup? Knicks aren't going anywhere with just Stoudemire and Anthony, and Billups is going to leave as soon as he can.

Knicks are downright stupid if the rumors are true and they move forward with this trade.

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the knicks giving up 4 starters would be waaaay to much. They should give up Galo, chandler and fields and not get billups.

Steve226
    Steve226's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I don't get it. WHY would the Knicks give up ANYTHING? Let Melo stay in Denver and then sign him in the offseason while keeping your lineup. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

cuz melo wants to go to NY and get paid
    the nets can offer both

Steve226

No point in going to either team via trade. You go to the Nets and you have no first round picks to help your team while giving up quality guys. Same with the Knicks. Amare and Melo, sure. That's it. He wants to go to the Knicks. Smart thing to do is wait til the offseason and just sign him.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lifelong Knicks fan here. Don't respect the move. Just giving up way too much. We need to worry about depth and size, not clearing out the locker room.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree... Just sign him in the off season and you come off nothing... This is the weirdest trade issue that ive ever heard... He's one of the best scorers in the league but by no means is he a championship level player... So the team getting him will have a marque name on the roster but will have an annual first round exit team

dwluv3333

Agree with all of you regarding the notion that he should just sign in the offseason with NY. I can't understand why more of the media and/or the Knicks front office doesn't point this fact out. Is there some key tidbit of information we are missing in thinking that he could just sign in the offseason? To me the only reason the Knicks would trade for Melo is because they're impatient. Like a little kid who just can't wait til Christmas Day to open his new Playstation 3 even though he knows that it has been and will be sitting there when the day comes.
    Last edited by dwluv3333; 02-19-11 at 04:34 AM.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

wouldnt the trade include us getting Melo and billups. I personally think this is a power move for the knicks and we would finally have a great team. They would need both to get both though and it would be worth it 100%.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mann2chc View Post
    I agree... Just sign him in the off season and you come off nothing... This is the weirdest trade issue that ive ever heard... He's one of the best scorers in the league but by no means is he a championship level player... So the team getting him will have a marque name on the roster but will have an annual first round exit team
    Did you re read that after you wrote it? If a player is one of the best scorers in the league then by default that would make them a championship level player... I think it would be great and i would love for us to have melo along with billups and i think it would put NY in a great position

dwluv3333

why wouldn't you wait til the summer to get anthony while keeping fields, felton, gallinari, and chandler intact? also, I believe billups has made it known that he only wants to play for denver and would likely seek a buyout if he got traded anywhere.

Steve226

^ correct. Billups has said that he would like to play on Miami.