oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

got to be kidding me

cannot believe if the nets can sign carmelo to a three year extension they are giving up 4 fisrt round pick ,nobody is worth 4 first rounders.....know i see why the nets dont win shit

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

yeah that is the most outrageous over paying for a player i've ever seen i think......plus you get favors who is a top 5 and harris who is solid too....even if they move troy murphy, who is also good, and a 1st round pick, they're still loaded and will get someone decent in return......i don't see how the nuggets don't make this trade especially given even if melo goes to NJ, they will still blow for a few years ATLEAST and those 4 1st rounders will be top 10 picks, most likely top 5s with ease

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    yeah that is the most outrageous over paying for a player i've ever seen i think......plus you get favors who is a top 5 and harris who is solid too....even if they move troy murphy, who is also good, and a 1st round pick, they're still loaded and will get someone decent in return......i don't see how the nuggets don't make this trade especially given even if melo goes to NJ, they will still blow for a few years ATLEAST and those 4 1st rounders will be top 10 picks, most likely top 5s with ease
    this would be the deal of a lifetime for denver cause if they make this trade they will be good agin in no time and i dont think nets will get any better

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's a high price to pay for someone who's a great #2 guy but not a franchise type player. The Nets will be making a huge mistake if they make the deal. Unless the Net's feel Melo and Lopez can win the title, they'll be an East Coast version of the Nuggets

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    That's a high price to pay for someone who's a great #2 guy but not a franchise type player. The Nets will be making a huge mistake if they make the deal. Unless the Net's feel Melo and Lopez can win the title, they'll be an East Coast version of the Nuggets
    who knows what these guys are thinking but i know im glad i dont live in new jersey cause i would be pissed

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Think Hershcel Walker. Go Nets! (haha)

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

think reggie bush. but think of it this way the Nets haven't been making many strides with the first rounders they have been drafting the past few years.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo has a ton of a talent around him right now and he isn't winning anything. Not a leader.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would Melo want this? He must not want to win to let a team give up that much.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    think reggie bush. but think of it this way the Nets haven't been making many strides with the first rounders they have been drafting the past few years.
    after thinkg about that.i figured that out so maybe they figure if the get melo and the other guys and give up those picks...they figure they cant fukk up those picksbut then again who knows what the nets are thinking,they are like the raiders of the nfl and the pirates of mlb just taking up space

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

in the nba draft picks are traded more than they are in the NFL, they will probably pick up some first round picks in the next few years via trades.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

reggie bush??? psssshhhh closest thing i can think of recently is RICKY WILLIAMS to the Saints

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

reggie bush??? psssshhhh closest thing i can think of recently is RICKY WILLIAMS to the Saints
    damn that's who i meant. Dikta gave everything away to get him.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

He isn't going to do shit there either. He will want out after the end of the season.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope for the Nets sake this is not going to happen. 10+ years of bottom dwelling NBA play is the only result possible from something so stupid as this proposed trade. 4 1st round picks? Are you serious? What a joke....

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Brook melo and paul then jayz gonna coach

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

they have to do something to increase ticket sells with the move to brooklyn coming up.

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

picks are only good in the right hands...what has minnesota done w/ those kg picks?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

crazy trade i agree

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

the nets with carmelo and chauncey would definitely be a playoff team in the east

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Everything you guys say is probably true, but it unfortunately in that business it isn't all about winning. They are trying to make NBA basketball marketable for their franchise.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post
    the nets with carmelo and chauncey would definitely be a playoff team in the east
    the current nuggets squad are a playoff team.
    the nets with melo after the trade arent even better than the current nuggets squad
    if u look at the the players in the trade, melo is getting traded along with a bunch of backups from denver and hes teaming up with a bunch of backups from the nets
    how is that team gonna beat the heat, celtics, bulls, magic, hawks?

BiePoker
    BiePoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

common guys.. Carmelo and Nets? don't be funny

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    the current nuggets squad are a playoff team.
    the nets with melo after the trade arent even better than the current nuggets squad
    if u look at the the players in the trade, melo is getting traded along with a bunch of backups from denver and hes teaming up with a bunch of backups from the nets
    how is that team gonna beat the heat, celtics, bulls, magic, hawks?
    i never said they would win in the playoffs just that they would be a playoff team in the east Chauncy is included in the trade as well

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Think Hershcel Walker. Go Nets! (haha)
    this is exactly right... the Walker trade netted most the players that Dallas won their Superbowls titles with..

almost 5 in that decade... instead of three...

Jerry Jones screwed that up... (fired Jimmy Johnson)

1st and last time that an owner fired a coach that won last two league championships