BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is why Lebron James is the greatest!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

he has to show me a ring or three. sorry. he cant use excuses this year

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I must have missed it.

He has as many rings as MJ?

Hell, I'm not sure he is as good as Kobe.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    I must have missed it.

He has as many rings as MJ?

Hell, I'm not sure he is as good as Kobe.
    What does that make Robert Horry with 7 rings or John Sally with two rings.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    That wasn't my point, and you know it.

If you are going to call Lebron "the greatest"-----he has to comparable to Jordan, Kobe, Bill Russell-----and he isn't.

Jordan changed the game of basketball-----what exactly has LeBron offered us other than chalking his hands, ESPN highlights, and retarded press conferences?

Wake me the next time LeBron takes over a playoff game with a series on the line and delivers.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

for the last few yrs, all we ever heard was.. who is better, KOBE or LEBRON??? i guess now we can put that to rest. it's no doubt kobe isnt even in the same league anymore as lebron. kobe has gotten old and is slow now and lebron is king. no one comes close to him in nba, not even Kevin Durant.. in fact, if lebron plays 13 more yrs and wins 7 championships, he will be known as the greatest ever.. even better than Michael Jordan.. that's right, he will be known to be the greatest basketball player ever, and jordan will be 2nd.

remember where you heard this..

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Lebron will never be greater than MJ in his prime sorry...stop smoking crack.

MJ imposed his will on people. The only thing Lebron does is cry when things doesn't go his way...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

The best.

Rings define the best team, not player. Period.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    for the last few yrs, all we ever heard was.. who is better, KOBE or LEBRON??? i guess now we can put that to rest. it's no doubt kobe isnt even in the same league anymore as lebron. kobe has gotten old and is slow now and lebron is king. no one comes close to him in nba, not even Kevin Durant.. in fact, if lebron plays 13 more yrs and wins 7 championships, he will be known as the greatest ever.. even better than Michael Jordan.. that's right, he will be known to be the greatest basketball player ever, and jordan will be 2nd.

So I'm guessing your on your hands and knees giving "the king" a nice sloppy BJ as we speak. Sorry bro, but your a clown. Get a clue before you right nonsense.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    The best.

Rings define the best team, not player. Period.
    But the NBA is a league where we expect the best player (to eventually) win titles...

And, to this point, Mr. James has ZERO of them.

Doc

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Now you are talking out of your ass if you truly believe this.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

IF lebron plays 13 more yrs, wins 8 championships, breaks the all time scoring record, and avgs 32 pts a game.. you can be sure when he retires, they will all say he is the greatest of all time.. sorry boys, but this is the reality. how many rings does MJ have, 6??? Lebron would have 8...

frostno98

IF lebron plays 13 more yrs, wins 8 championships, breaks the all time scoring record, and avgs 32 pts a game.. you can be sure when he retires, they will all say he is the greatest of all time.. sorry boys, but this is the reality. how many rings does MJ have, 6??? Lebron would have 8...

Couldn't have agree more, but not the same can be made for Kobe.

Kobe has 5 rings and they're already proclaiming he's the 2nd best ever. 3 of those championship was on Shaq's back, the most dominate player in the NBA during that time. He only won two on his own, including a game 7 where his team had to bail him out. Yet fans already making Jordan comparison's. They keep bringing up the teams MJ beat in the Finals were weaker than Kobe opponents, just to make an excuse for Kobe.

Lebron on the other hand is probably to going to have a much tougher challenge than MJ ever did to make it to the Finals and win it. The Magic's, Chicago, and Boston are all teams more than capable of handling the Heats for years to come. I don't see Lebron getting no more than 5 rings, he'll get 2-3 guaranteed. Even with that, he'll probably still be labeled as the best 3rd NBA player ever.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Don't ya' have to win ONE before you win eight?

This is the reality...

AT THIS POINT IN TIME...HE HAS ZERO RINGS.
    These are the "facts" and they are not in dispute.

Doc

Philphan
    Philphan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    A ring is what makes a great player great

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    That wasn't my point, and you know it. If you are going to call Lebron "the greatest"-----he has to comparable to Jordan, Kobe, Bill Russell-----and he isn't. Jordan changed the game of basketball-----what exactly has LeBron offered us other than chalking his hands, ESPN highlights, and retarded press conferences? Wake me the next time LeBron takes over a playoff game with a series on the line and delivers.
    didnt he single handedly beat the pistons to go to the nba finals?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

far from the greatest. give me D.Rose over Lebron any day.

AZNDL
    AZNDL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Kobe had shaq in his prime when they won three, kobe had paul gasol, lamar odom, ron artest.... Lebron had mo williams and drew gooden..... relax he will get his ring eventually.. and i dont believe kobe avg 29, 9, 9 before either

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    far from the greatest. give me D.Rose over Lebron any day.
    plus derrick rose can hit his free throws when the gane is on the line and lebron has always been just an average free throw shooter.look couldnt make two when the game was on the line,,to me thats no clutch at all

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I love the game of basketball but i was also a utah jazz fan so i have a underlying hate for michael jordan but me and magic johnson changed the game. I was always seeing something amazing when he played. Taking the game over.

All ive ever seen lebron do is choke away playoff series' year after year and run into people like a freight train and go to the foul line. Hes a amazing off the ball defender but besides that nothing amazes me about him. He can win 12 rings in a row but he wud never do what jordan did for basketball.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    didnt he single handedly beat the pistons to go to the nba finals?
    Only to get swept by the spurs. Even iverson won a finals game with a much worse teaM

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I love the game of basketball but i was also a utah jazz fan so i have a underlying hate for michael jordan but me and magic johnson changed the game. I was always seeing something amazing when he played. Taking the game over.

All ive ever seen lebron do is choke away playoff series' year after year and run into people like a freight train and go to the foul line. Hes a amazing off the ball defender but besides that nothing amazes me about him. He can win 12 rings in a row but he wud never do what jordan did for basketball.
    he may have the skills to play but his mentalty is all wrong

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Lebron has 0 rings....he hasnt even came close to what MJ or Kobe has accomplished

windwind
    Update your status
    windwind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

lebron the GREATEST?

pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

He may be the MVP but is not the greatest..

shawnkang
    shawnkang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

when it's all set and done. he will be the greatest.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Only to get swept by the spurs. Even iverson won a finals game with a much worse teaM
    and that diminishes his effort against the pistons?

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

He may be the greatest if for no other reason than because the price/value of the Cleveland Cavaliers has gone down about $100 million since he left

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8113

MJ changed the game so really hard to anyone to be greater than him.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron James equals greatest of all time!

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    and that diminishes his effort against the pistons?
    And the Pistons was probably the best team in the NBA the last 3 years, until Lebron put a dent into that without anyone. Losing to the Spurs isn't no shame either. It was only his 2nd year and going against the best NBA player in the league that year, Tim Duncan.

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant believe James is never going to participate in the dunk contest. This video is just a huge tease, Lebron and Wade perfoming together would be unbelievable.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

the guy is a fantastic ball player... is he the best... i do not think so... but he is truly up there...

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Lebron James is definitely not the best ever to play the sport, yet. Like most posters before me I agree that he needs some rings under his belt. Now if you would change that question to who is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the NBA right now? The answer is LEBRON JAMES. In the next 5 years when Lebron will already accumulated 3 titles with the Miami Heat and putting up 27 + a night we can revisit this topic but he will still not be the best of all time but he will be still be the best active player in the NBA.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't judge individual success by the number of rings a player has. It's a team game. Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Charles Barkley are among the greatest players of all time and they never won a championship. Bill Russell won a record 11 championships. Is he the greatest player of all time? No! Sam Jones won 10. Is he the greatest? Not even close! Hell, even Robert "Lucky Shot Rob" Horry won 7! But when Lebron James passes Michael Jordan for number of rings with Miami, this argument will be put to bed!

12 Last