bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

confirmed?

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

I hope so, it'll finally confirm what everyone was wondering: does Melo simply want out or does he want to win?

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

ESPN America...It was just reported about 10 minutes ago.. I'll try to find something else..

nikossf

There was about 8 players total involved in the trade,..maybe more..

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Has this been confirmed yet? Been looking at TV but haven't found anything as of yet

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I hope so, Brooklyn here he comes.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    ESPN America...It was just reported about 10 minutes ago.. I'll try to find something else..
    See nothing on ESPN.com. No Tweets either.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

carmelo anthony = the skinniest fat guy in America...

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Is it for real? I thought the owner had called the deal off. Either way the Nuggets ripped these guys off in a big way.

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    carmelo anthony = the skinniest fat guy in America...
    LOL dude. The man has a fat face. I suffer from the same condition. I am cursed with having a cute and adorable face like this guy:

but yes you can touch my 15 pack, it is real.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think not confirmed

I know there is a report from a local paper that deal is ready but Anthony has to agree to extension

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

False

nikossf

yea,..thats what im reading around everywhere too... I dont know.. I could have sworn I just saw something on espn america reporting this as a done deal.. hmmmmm...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

This is the deal that is on the table, if Melo Agrees. He hasn't yet.

The Bergen Record is reporting a tentative deal is in place for Carmelo Anthony to become a Net, pending Anthony's agreement to an extension -- a piece of paper that has become the most ballyhooed document outside of Congress.

The deal is the same Ken Berger reported on Thursday evening and we discussed Thursday afternoon , reported now by the Record , ESPN , and Yahoo!. It features the Nuggets getting Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and Ben Uzoh, with a third team taking on Troy Murphy. No one's figured out a third team to take Murphy, so either the deal isn't as tentatively "done" as the Record is reporting or the teams are agreeing to a deal that assumes something they can't really count on. Again, no surprises there, considering how botched this process has been from the beginning.

So again, the ball is in Melo's court.

Berger reported early Thursday that no talks have been scheduled between Melo and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov nor with Knicks owner James Dolan. That could change between now and Thursday's media availability, for which we'll have full coverage.

For Prokhorov to take this meeting is in and of itself revealing of his attitudes as an owner. Apparently enough was not enough. Despite Masai Ujiri playing with the Nets for up to six weeks, agreeing to deals then backtracking and wanting more, the Russian mogul is about to get in bed with Denver again, only this time he's giving up the largest collection of assets yet. It may be the best thing for his business, but you have to wonder how he'd feel about it were he to step back and realize how badly he's been jerked around so far, assuming these reports are accurate.

Anthony, however, isn't running into this arrangement with open arms. He's having to be convinced to meet with the owner of a National Basketball Association team in a major market that's looking to build a championship around him. If he's convinced, it won't be his whole self that is convinced -- it'll simply be an understanding that this is a compromise that features two of his goals: to play in a bigger market and to get the extension before the CBA is renegotiated.

And what will be left to help him after the Nets trade away nearly a third of their team? Billups, Vujacic, Humphries and Lopez, with Morrow, Farmar, Outlaw and Stephen Graham off the bench. GET EXCITED, NEW JERSEY. For the remaining year you have before the team bolts to Brooklyn.

This situation is as perplexing as ever, and should it fall through, Donnie Walsh may need oxygen because he'll be laughing so hard.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

im calling false

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

not confirmed at all

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its not totally false

Deal is there, I think we will know by Sunday

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Slow your roll Nets, these teams should wait after the all-star break...I am taking the West after all.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

So sick of hearing about this story......................

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

would be interesting

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

OP is an idiot...its not confirmed.

Nuggets F Carmelo Anthony says "no meeting at all" is scheduled with Nets

nikossf

Yea,..Im pretty tired of it too,..first the knicks,.then the nets,..ohh wait,.maybe this team,.no that team,. Who the fukk cares,..Just play the game you overpaid babies!!

Well,..sorry to report that,..Saw something on Espn America feed but cant find anything to confirm this,.

nikossf

Get the fukk outta here guy,.I was just writing about what I saw,..At least im not talking about Bieber in the celebrity game,..or wiping my ass with these dumb ghosts threads.. Im writing about something useful...to maybe strike up a good conversation..Get the fukk' outta here if I mistook what I saw on the feed,..pretty sure they were talking this is a done deal..but who the fukk u to call someone an idiot..
    Damn moron,..go post about getting laid or about some hot chick u wish u could bang.. Cheers buddy.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

F Melo. The boy can shoot, but I about figure if I took 40 shots a game, I'd also get 20+ points. Can't stand players like Melo. Iverson reminds me of one of those guys. All the talent in the world and worst.teammate.ever. Iverson could've been the best PG ever - better than Magic, possibly. Meh, F the NBA. It's stupid.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    Finally,.another sports drama is over..
    this has to be the dumbest trade nets will ever make..giving up 4 first round picks,,,nobody is worth that,,,if i was denver ,i would pray he would sign that extension but still no signing

BreakdaBank161
    BreakdaBank161's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont believe he would ruin his carear by going to NJ

nikossf

Well,.I can see both sides here. Carmelo really just wants more money i'm sure,. but Denver shouldn't trade him. Pay him more,.screw it..,but pray to get some picks in the draft..Or trade some bench players for some picks.. Grab some bigger players and run onto next season full throttle.
    BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!! Carmelo wants drama like everyone else right before the All Star break.. Im sure he's hoping some players get together and discuss some trades to be another powerhouse...(Heat)!!?? I hate all this drama,.just play the game.. This is supposed to be a game not a summer blockbuster movie!!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

after thinking about this possible trade,i came up with this...new jersey has had the worst luck with 1st rd draft picks so they figure if they get melo.billups and the other guys.they know what they are getting instaed of drafting someone who will have his career destroyed by playing with nets......since the nets came to the nba.....who was there best net or do they have one

JK-Line
    JK-Line's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

well nets did have a glory days year with jkidd, kenyon martin, richard jefferson, and marvin somethign or whatever

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JK-Line View Post
    well nets did have a glory days year with jkidd, kenyon martin, richard jefferson, and marvin somethign or whatever
    must of missed that cause ive never know the nets to have a dominate team,,,must not of lasted long

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    must of missed that cause ive never know the nets to have a dominate team,,,must not of lasted long
    2 NBA Finals appearances in a row.

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

bout time if it is true. hate the destination though.. thought it would be more exciting if it was the knicks

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    2 NBA Finals appearances in a row.
    and what years were these,want to check it out

12 Last