View Poll Results: Will Melo take the offer ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, his eyes are on Brooklyn

7 53.85%
  • No, Melo's New York is Knicks Only.

6 46.15%
  • No, Melo will not go to New York.

0 0%
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

3 yr/$65,000,000 Melo to Nets.. will he take it ?

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, damn

Snowball

Melo is meeting with both Nets owner Prokhorov and Knicks owner Dolan
    this weekend. I speculate that if Dolan gives word to Melo that he is willing
    to offer a deal comparable to 3yr/65, Knicks will get him, even if it means
    playing out the season as a Nugget.
    the only possible gaffe is concerns over a new CBA.
    We're going to find out how much money means to him.
    If I were him, I would take the deal. It's a "now" deal.
    Bird in the hand. Brooklyn will be hot, exciting.
    Last edited by Snowball; 02-18-11 at 02:04 PM.

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

No fkin way would I want to sign for anything with the Nets. The Russian and Jay are not nearly enough to make me want to spend the last few productive years a guy like Melo has left. Hold off an go to a legit contender. So based on that , he'll take the loot and smile all the way back to LaLa's tit ol biggies.

Snowball

btw - although the 65m figure was only mentioned in that article as the one
    which Denver offered, it was on ESPN that I also saw 65m reported as the
    same figure offered by the Nets.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well Melo, you wanna be on the East Coast.... sign with these muthafuckas or sit down

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its called a max deal. The only way he gets this money, or anything close to it is if he signs the extension. Knicks or Nets can't offer him this deal or anything close to it unless they trade for him. And thats with the OLD CBA. Considering how everyone is preparing for a lockout cause the Owners and Players Union is nowhere near agreeing on the new one, Dolan is in no position to promise Melo anything.

The meetings are quite pointless imo. I've been saying since this whole thing started. Melo's #1 agenda is the money, he will sign no matter what. I can see the purpose on meeting with NJ to be convinced and what not, i really dont see what Denver could possibly gain from allowing him to meet with NY. Everyone knows thats his #1 choice, he doesn't need to be convinced. Only thing Dolan can do is convince him to bluff and derail the Nets deal yet again. Not sure why Nuggs would want that.

I have soured on Melo a lot since this drama started. My ideal situation would be for Denver to get screwed and lose him for nothing or a fraction of a package they had on the table, for Melo to get screwed with the new CBA and get a fraction of the contract he could have had. They both deserve it. Pretty pissed that the Nets got back into and are offering pretty much the same exact package they were before. The tiny changes are not enough of a compromise for me. Only reason i want Melo to be a Net so i can say a big **** you to all the Knicks fans i know for never accepting reality. Wonder if i can find all the threads those idiots had on the subject.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

why would carmelo leave denver? nuggets are better than the knicks and the nets

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Well I think he is better off staying in Denver but he obviously is not happy there so I'm sure he will leave. There's a lot of money on the table it's hard to walk away from. But if you want championships New Jersey is not the team to go to. Knicks would be a better choice the have a lot better core in place. Good Luck to him either way.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I think its hilarious that some fans think if he wants a championship he should go to NY. Nets might be far off, but Knicks are damn sure not contending for shit, with or wihtout him.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by woody78 View Post
    last few productive years a guy like Melo has left.
    I know it seems like has been around forever, but he has a bunch of years left. He's 26 years old.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    I know it seems like has been around forever, but he has a bunch of years left. He's 26 years old.
    Exactly, look at players like Nash (37), they just carried their passion/fitness level and are still challenging their previous records.