Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Celtics status for tonight's game, break, road trip

WALTHAM — It looks as though the Celtics [team stats]’ dance with disability will continue through the All-Star break. Delonte West is supposed to make his return tonight after 38 games out with a broken right wrist, but that’s in question.
    Paul Pierce (sore foot and hand) also sat out most of the day, but he’s expected to go tonight against the New Jersey Nets.
    “Delonte didn’t get through practice,” Doc Rivers said after yesterday’s session. “He got hit on the hand, so we’ll see. I was worried about it happening (Monday) and it happened, so we’ll see. I’m sure we’ll do another X-ray.”

The coach certainly was aware of the possibility of re-injury.
    “You’ve just got to play,” Rivers said. “If somebody’s going to hit you, they’re going to hit you. That’s just basketball.”
    Shaquille O’Neal (sore Achilles tendon) still is out but was in uniform yesterday.
    “I think he thought it was Halloween, and he dressed as Shaq today,” Rivers cracked.
    “I think he’s fine. It’s just not healing as fast, but it’s nothing that’s going to be a month or two months or anything like that. It’s just going to be longer than we thought.
    “Hopefully we’re healthy the second half. Last year we were not. They were different injuries. They were surgical injuries last year, where even though they were back on the floor they were not ready to play basketball, at least not competitive playoff basketball.”
    Worm-ing trend
    Rajon Rondo actually had a logical reason for trying to worm his way into the Miami huddle Sunday.
    “It wasn’t a timeout and they were way out on the court,” he said. “I just tried to get an advantage and try to see what they were drawing up.
    “I think they were acting like it was a timeout, which coaches do at that time. If something happens on the court, an altercation, you can get your guys in a huddle and try to draw up a play. I was just trying to see what was going on.”
    Trap game?
    The Celtics have had trouble against troubled teams anyway, but with the All-Star break beginning tomorrow, Rivers is wary about tonight’s game in particular.
    “Everybody’s on break,” he said. “You have New Jersey flying in and probably half their team has plans to leave from Boston to go on vacation. You have half our guys packing for (the All-Star Game in) LA and the other half going to gosh knows where they’re going.
    “And you just want to make sure you finish the game first before you do it, and it’s different. It’s not like you’re traveling (by) yourself on the break. You’ve got your family, so I’m sure the guys all day (today) their wives will be telling them what they have to pack, because they’re all going, too. That makes the break difficult.”
    Ray Allen said he’s already packed for the trip, having stressed out about what to bring for the last few days (the Celts stay out West for four games afterward).
    Kevin Garnett hopes the Celticsare focused this evening.
    “The last game before the break is probably most important because it’s momentum, especially when you’re getting ready to go on the road and you’re leaving for a while,” he said. “It’s a big game for us.”
    Piece of cake
    Garnett was asked about playing for Rivers.
    “Playing for Doc is like coming home to a birthday cake, you know?” he said. “Coming home to a birthday cake. Every day is something. You don’t know if it’s going to be sprinkles. You know it’s going to be sweet. You know it’s going to be beautiful.
    “But what you don’t know is sometimes they might use too much salt in the recipe and bite into the cake and get a salty taste. But you have to remember that every day is a birthday cake in here waiting on you. So if you can figure that riddle out, that’s what it’s like to play for Doc Rivers.” . . .
    Pierce didn’t want to chat with the media, referring all his questions to Allen. When told Allen would be asked which of the two would win the 3-point shootout Saturday, Pierce paused and said, “He’ll tell you the truth.”
    Or did he mean, “He’ll tell you ‘The Truth?’ ”
    Read the Celtics Insider at bostonherald.com.

-------------------------

So.. we have a conundrum.. do the Celtics waltz through this, just
    getting a win, playing with fire ? Or do they come out hard and maintain
    a big lead to the end ? Is either Shaq or Delonte playing ?
    Does it even matter ? Pierce is not 100%. Does it matter ?
    I like the fact that Boston stays out West for 4 games.. that way
    they will be very settled into it. They return home on March 2.

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think tonight is too hard to call and not worth betting on this game.
    This morning on local radio in Boston they said Delonte is doubtful for tonight after hurting his hand in practice.
    Shaq definitely 100% out.

Celtics have been playing great when they are motivated and I can't see them having too much motivation tonight.

Hawk007
    Hawk007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3207

Delonte is a piece of crap! Like it matters if he plays...

Snowball

after hearing Doc describe the all-star prep routine among player families,
    it may be a good idea to fade all teams with all stars tonight.
    especially those on the road.
    i won't fade Boston, if you look at KG comments and knowing they
    will be away for a long time, could be a statement blowout win.
    can't pick a side, though.. back door cover at least 50/50
    with -10.5

Hawk007
    Hawk007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3207

All the bigs ML parlay.

Snowball

i just IFFED all my 7pm CBB plays over to
    Celtics ML... that way I'll get an extra 13.33 % profit.
    Last edited by Snowball; 02-16-11 at 03:17 PM.