rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rapidfire5 NBA Picks

Rookie Capper just trying to make a buck.

I've posted in this forum before and occasionally have some write up I do and decided I should just do all my picks in one thread

Not saying I'm a pro and I know what I'm talking about, but i just like offer my insights and hopefully have a good run from here.

Best of Luck!

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Monday Feb 14 Pick

Locking in Portland 2.5 vs. Minnesota WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

Taking a very hot Portland team that will be facing an underman Timberwolves on Monday Night

LaMarcus Aldridge is playing out of his mind lately carrying his team in their latest wins. He is unstoppable right now and I will continue riding his hot streak.

Portland has always dominated this matchup vs Minnesota winning last 10 straight meetings between the two clubs.

Portland will be looking for the season sweep as they have defeated this Timberwolves team 3 straight time this season. (113-102, 108-98, 107-102).

Minnesota may still have 2 of their 5 starters out as Darko and Beasley are still questionable to return Monday Night vs Portland. Last meeting Darko had a really good team vs Portland (22 pts/ 8 rebs). However Portland was able to take care of them will the same starting five they will have tonight. (Roy and Camby still out). There will be more information today regarding Darko and Beasley status for the game.

Blazers are currently in the 8th spot in the west and will look to finish strong heading to the all star break. They will need to have wins over teams like Minnesota who are dead last in the west.

Trends suggest when Portland is a 2-2.5 Favorite they are 6-1. When Minnesota are dog by this amount they have a ATS record of 1-2.

Minnesota lacks the ability to bounce back from losses. After a loss Minnesota has a record of 10-31.

Only worries I have is this will be Portland 3rd game in 4 nights. They have travelled from Toronto to Detroit and now back to Minnesota. The travel and wear and tear from these games might catch up with them. Especially working with a 8 man rotation.

Portland last 2 wins almost came down to the wire. They led Toronto by 15 before Raptors came storming back in the 4th qtr and tied the game. Versus the Pistons they only had a 1 pt lead with 53 Second left. If the game comes down late, it might finally catch up to them.

aMarcus will want to prove everyone wrong for leaving him off the all star team as he goes head to head with All Star Kevin Love. LMA has every reason to outplay Love this night and show he does deserve an all star spot.
    Last edited by rapidfire5; 02-15-11 at 12:05 AM.

ZZPop
    ZZPop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Great pick today, BOL on your future picks.

lacesout
    It was all that Dan Marino's fault
    lacesout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Nice play with Portland, good luck tonight!

Raider3
    Raider3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Good luck with your picks

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Tuesday- 76ers (+3.5) vs Grizzlies

Locking in Sixers +3.5

Both teams are playing really well lately, but I've decided to go with the road dogs in Philly.
    Grizzlies Last 10 Game: 8-2
    Philadelphia Last 10 Game: 7-3

These two teams last met 2 weeks ago where the Grizzlies defeated 76ers in Philly with a 99-94 Victory. Philly had this game dominated for 3 qtr, until Grizzlies came storming back in the 4th to outscore the Sixers 42-12. Philly blew a 21 pt lead and will have revenge on there mind and know they must keep their foot on the pedal for all 4 qtr.

Last 10 meetings between these 2 clubs, Philly are 7-3 SU. All of there games are very close, all coming between 3-5 pt winning margin.

Grizzlies are a team that know how to come back from games. Down 21 to Philly and won and last game they were down 17 to Denver and still managed to pull out a victory. I have a feeling being behind early will finally catch up with them.

Worries I have here is this will be OJ Mayo first game since the suspension. Memphis have played great without him, but knowing OJ coming off their bench will be a huge factor.

Also Memphis has a very good home record (18-8) and Philly is still learning how to win on the road vs. Good Teams (9-19). But this Sixers team is very different from the beginning of the season. Since that horrible start in the season, Philly has been playing above .500 basketball and taking out good teams along the way. They are learning how to win on the road, last 5 road games Philly is 4-1.

Even with a bad road record, Sixers ATS on the road is really good with a record of 18-9-1. Thats double the road victories they have.

The Sixers are finally learning how to play defense and are able to compete in games without needing to score. Philly ranks 4th in 3pt Defense and Memphis is 28th in the league in 3pt%. The 3 Ball will definitely be a factor in this game.

Trends suggest that when Sixes are dogs by 3-3.5 they are 6-1 ATS. So give me the points and Philly.

Thanks for the read, and BOL to your picks tonight!

BetjeBetje
    BetjeBetje's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl with your picks

rapidfire5
    Update Status

thanks guy

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Philly down 11 @ half......
    I BELEIVEEEEEE

ZZPop

Tough loss, good luck on your next picks.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Wed- Indiana (-1.5) vs Detroit

Locking in Pacers (-1.5)

Pacers have been playing really well under new head coach Frank Vogel (7-1). They will be playing a Pistons team who they have dominated lately (won 6 straight meetings)

Pacers are 7-3 in there last 10 games and 2 of those losses were facing the Miami Heat. (Which both were very close games). Pacers will be looking to bounce back from that gutsy performance they gave last night to Miami.

The Pacers are looking to make a run into the Eastern Conference playoff and if they want to continue heading that directions they need to take care of teams like the Pistons.

Pistons coming off an embarrassing loss @ Home to Atlanta. Losing 79-94 in front of their home crowd. They were booed off the court when the final buzzer sounded. Pistons are playing some very ugly ball lately with a record of 3-7 in their last 10 games.

Pistons don't have the offense to keep up with the Pacers if you ask me. Their leading scorer is Rodney Stuckey who only averages 14 PPG. Danny Granger on the other hand has always played well against Pistons scoring nearly 30 pts a game vs. Pistons.

Detroit, averaging 90.5 points while losing 10 of its last 15, will likely need a better effort offensively if it hopes to keep up with the Pacers, who are averaging 107.1 points in their last nine games.

Roy Hibbert is playing like a beast lately and is slowly building his reputation as a very solid young big in the NBA. I like his attitude coming off the loss to Miami.

“The rest of the season, we’re coming,” said center Roy Hibbert, averaging 17.2 points in his last five games. “We’re not backing down. We’re not having any lackadaisical games. We’re on the prowl. We’re hungry.”

Only worry i have is this is a back to back game for Indiana. Who was highly motivated to beat Miami and this may be a spot for a letdown. However their not terrible b2b with a record of 7-6 with 0 Days rest.

I like what I'm seeing from the Pacers and see they will take care of business vs. a very weak Pistons squad

BOL TONIGHT

newbiesbr1992
    newbiesbr1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for sharing!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Good Luck Today.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

thanks guys horrible showing last night

Any thoughts on games tonight?

ZZPop

Insightful post, BOL.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

thanks ZZpop

how the hell did Pistons score 33 pts in the 1st qtr.......

Raider3

The Pacers defense was horrible.

I like the Spurs and the Mavs tonight. The suns are hot (no pun) but the Mavs are great on the road.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raider3 View Post
    The Pacers defense was horrible.

I like the Spurs and the Mavs tonight. The suns are hot (no pun) but the Mavs are great on the road.
    same im riding mavs
    1-2 this weekm hopfully get to .500 before break

rapidfire5
    Update Status

2-2 this week
    Even Units

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Feb 22

Locking in Warriors -5 vs Boston

Im taking a very good home team in Warriors to beat the Celtics tonight (or cover)

Warriors are a very good home with with a record of 19-11 and are playing good as of late as well. They are
    7-3 in last 10 and currently on a 3 game winning steak

They have beaten on contenders that show up in Oracle as of late as well
    Teams: OKC, Chicago, Hornets, Jazz and Nuggets

Since KG joined the Celtics they have never been able to beat Warriors in Oakland. Warriors have won last 5 meetings at home vs Celtics. Sometimes a team just happens to matchup very well against another and this is one of those cases. Just like how Bobcats are 8-2 vs. Lakers.

Pierce doesn't look real healthy, but don't know how he's doing after the break. Celts still seems to be banged up so I will be taking this Warriors team tonight

BOL

Raider3

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire5 View Post
    Locking in Warriors -5 vs Boston

Im taking a very good home team in Warriors to beat the Celtics tonight (or cover)

Warriors are a very good home with with a record of 19-11 and are playing good as of late as well. They are
    7-3 in last 10 and currently on a 3 game winning steak

They have beaten on contenders that show up in Oracle as of late as well
    Teams: OKC, Chicago, Hornets, Jazz and Nuggets

Since KG joined the Celtics they have never been able to beat Warriors in Oakland. Warriors have won last 5 meetings at home vs Celtics. Sometimes a team just happens to matchup very well against another and this is one of those cases. Just like how Bobcats are 8-2 vs. Lakers.

Pierce doesn't look real healthy, but don't know how he's doing after the break. Celts still seems to be banged up so I will be taking this Warriors team tonight

BOL
    Not sure about this one since Boston will be well rested after the All-stars break. Good luck with your pick.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

yea i was thinking that too, but i really like warriors @ home lol

BOL tonight

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Feb 24

Locking in Celtics -3 vs Nuggets

The newly assembled Nuggets will be taking on a highly veteran group in Boston on Thursday night

They will be playing the first game with the newly acquired pieces in Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallarni, Timofey Mozgov and Wilson Chandler

Highly doubt this team will be able to keep up with the Celtics who have the best chemistry in the NBA.

Denver came up with a strong performance vs Grizzlies on Tuesday night with an underman team. That night they had the energy and adrenaline to beat the Grizzlies, but I see that wearing off when they play against Boston.

People like to look at the line and see it as a trap. I just believe this is awesome value for my team. If you think a team will should be favored higher and there not, why not take them?

Denver will probably resort to there old denver defense without Billups. Which is "lets trade baskets" defense, and playing like that vs. Boston, don't see how you can come out with a W that night.

Denver scored 41 vs in the 3rd Qtr against Memphis, don't see how they can pull that off vs Boston who plays the best D in the league.

Only worries I may have is Boston injuries. Perkins, O'neals (plural) are out. Erden will be starting at C, Nene may have a field day against him

Thoughts? Opinions?

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Feb 25

Locking in Golden State -3 vs Atlanta

I'm going against this struggling Atlanta team and hope that Golden State will prove why they are a good home team

Atlanta has been struggling lately with a 3 game losing streak. (Knicks - without Melo, Lakers and PHX). They are also 4-6 in there last 10 gams.

They play decent on the road with a record of 17-14, but most of those wins comes against Eastern Conference opponents. The Warriors have one of the best crowd in the NBA and play well at home with a home record of 19-12.

Joe Johnson of the Hawks has been on a real struggle lately. Since Feb 12 he's been averaging 12 points per game. When shooters are in a funk it usually takes some time to wear off. (Hopefully this won't be the game)

Hawks are a very low scoring team, they rank 23rd in the league in points (96.5 ppg). Warriors ranks 7th in the league in scoring (102.8 ppg)

Atlanta has just dealt Mike Bibby/ Mo Evans to the Wizards in exchange of Kick Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong. Hinrich is still hurt and most likely Jeff Teague will be starting at the point tonight. Don't see how this kid will be able to keep up with Curry or Ellis at home.

When these two team matchup the home team always comes out victorious. ATL beat GSW earlier this season 103-93 in Atlanta. Revenge Angle?

BOL Tonight

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Golden State -3.5 is a good pick for the day, both team can play a fast pace upper tempo but first & foremost playing defend of late, I think the result is something like GSW 102 Atl 95. I notice they will score a lot of points (54 + 52) in the 1st half & then grinding down later on (44 +46)

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

good luck on your play tonight

Raider3

Good pick. GSW is the best play tonight imo. BOL

rapidfire5
    Update Status

thanks guys, I've been on a funk lately hopefully it ends tonight in Oakland

Raider3

I don't do bets on NBA before the game anymore. You lost tremendous value. In-game is better. You wait for your team to lose than you bet them. Just grabbed GSW +3.5.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

I don't do bets on NBA before the game anymore. You lost tremendous value. In-game is better. You wait for your team to lose than you bet them. Just grabbed GSW +3.5.
    yea i guess so, still if i see my team is playing like crap I don't really wanna put more money on them

BOL to you tho

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Feb 28

Locking in Suns -2 vs New Jersey

The Deron Williams trade hasn't really improved the Nets as they are 0-2 without them. I will cut them some slack since he needs time to get comfortable with his new team and they played good teams on the road (Spurs and Rockets).

Phoenix started there road trip on a good note as they were able to beat the Pacers on a last second buzzer beater by Channing Frye. That game was played in the afternoon 12pm Eastern time, so hopefully the back to back situation don't affect them too much.

The main difference, I see here is the bench production from both teams. If you compare the bench players the Suns have a tremendous advantage.

Suns Bench - Aaron Brooks, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, Jared Dudley and Hakim Warrick.
    Nets Bench- Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw, Jordan Farmar and Johan Petro

Main concern for Nets is the recent shooting struggle of Deron Williams. He re-injured his wirst Friday vs. Spurs. 2 game as a Net he shot 25% and 38%.

Williams finished with 14 points and 12 assists. "I haven't shot well since I injured my wrist," said Williams, who was 5-for-13 against the Spurs.

Nets are going nowhere right now with a 5 game losing streak and 2-8 in there last 10 games. Suns are starting to come to a groove as they are over .500 for the first time all season after defeating the Pacers Sunday afternoon. Suns are on a 3 game winning streak and hope it continues in New Jersey.

The Nets being home dogs isn't that unreasonable since they are under .500 at home (13-15). Keep in mind though, it will be the first time Nets fan get to watch Deron Williams at home and maybe will have some sort of advantage.

BOL to yallll

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also you need to look at who needs this more. Suns are playing there best basketball of the season and is only 1 game out of the 8th seed in the west. If they want to be in the playoff they need to win games like this versus inferior teams. Nets aren't going anywhere with only 17 wins this season and nowhere near the playoff picture.

Suns rank 4th in scoring offense and Nets rank 29th.
    Last edited by rapidfire5; 02-28-11 at 01:05 AM.

Raider3

You were unlucky on this one.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

most devastating loss......

Raider3

Quick look at tomorrow games... I like Mavs -1.5, Knicks +7 and Grizz -1,5 (this line will probably go up so it's best to wait.)

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Quick look at tomorrow games... I like Mavs -1.5, Knicks +7 and Grizz -1,5 (this line will probably go up so it's best to wait.)
    Not going to lie, those 3 games were exactly what i was looking at

may do a small wager on knicks ML

123 Last