Anthonyg7
    Anthonyg7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Its up to you what you do but i do what i think is right. I make big plays very rarely. Most of the time they come up aces.
    i like your style LB.. you take teams nobody wants. lets get it lb.. Lost big on heat and lakers today so nets will be a standard play for me.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

dont know about this one...its 50/50...i know spurs are on a long road trip...but they have been on a mission this season. Better play is to take bulls on thursday against spurs...bulls will beat spurs on thursday. Nets couldnt even beat amare less knicks....and spurs are a way better team. As far as spread is concerned, its a coin toss IMO.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You guys are scared of +8? With spurs, it should be double digits to scare folks like myself.

With wizard, it was -6.5 and spurs was as high as 40 points lead during the game. Wizard is one rank below nets. In other words, nets will play a tad better than wizard. If nets and wizard are about the same then the results will be about the same. A simple blowout.

Spurs by 12-15.

I'm slaying it with a little bet for a little confidence because spurs might sound tired. Heck, I'm shooting for spurs by 8 for a push and calling it a day.

NUCKYTHOMPSON$$
    NUCKYTHOMPSON$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

The line is that high for a reason guys. All I have to say that Spurs are way deeper then New Jersey. Take it for what it worth.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

not to mention this particular capper is kinda cold for the moment..
    i think this is why caps should post recent records..
    who tails a guy that has 2 or 3 wins Last 10?

people go cold.. tails should know..
    one of his most devoted followers, was hit so hard, he had to close up shop altogether
    it seemed to me like blind-tailing, not questioning/evaluating at all.
    best wishes to that person.

that said, cover could happen.. but line/game is a coin toss... (not good enough for me..)

if anyone takes it, then BoL..
    Points Awarded:

The Architect gave Ratzz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NBA_Brosuf

Jan 1st 2011. Last place MN beat NETS by 15.

I'm talking about MN here. Replace MN with Spurs and what do you have? Spurs by 150 LOL

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs will destroy them. Nets are similar to washington (they're both crap) n spurs destroyed washington at their ground, at one time they were up by 30.

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

nets +8? i cannot trust this at all.

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post
    spurs will destroy them. Nets are similar to washington (they're both crap) n spurs destroyed washington at their ground, at one time they were up by 30.
    By 30? Why not 40?

They will win SU. What people are still fussing over is the spread. You have any clue to this?

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

still the best in the business.....reading plays LB...that is, next to Rat...of course

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post

By 30? Why not 40?

They will win SU. What people are still fussing over is the spread. You have any clue to this?

so should we always play -500, -600 MLs and forget the spread?

JR007

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

one of his most devoted followers, was hit so hard, he had to close up shop altogether

that said, cover could happen.. but line/game is a coin toss... (not good enough for me..)

NBA_Brosuf

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    so should we always play -500, -600 MLs and forget the spread?
    If you are sure sure then I am sure for you too. Then again, in gambling, is there such a thing as a sure?

The only way to be sure is to cheat but then again, if you cheat to win and it also backfires on you then nothing really is sure anymore.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't understand what your game is here... Are you looking to gain respect for your capping skills? Or just craving attention on an internet forum? It's bad enough this place is routinely flooded with people that have nothing constructive to say, but the constant attacks on another poster in his thread seem like a very poor usage of your time considering you seem to actually put time into handicapping games. Let your record speak for itself without having to remind everyone daily how amazing you think you are.

If you're content to act like a child that craves attention more than respect then so be it. Expect to be treated as such.
    Points Awarded:

JR007 gave suicidekings 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Nets here aswell! You know I like to play shitty teams against elite teams who doesn't seem to stop covering spreads. Nets did look good this season against elite teams at home, covering against Lakers, Orlando etc....
    I won't bet this one big though

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs 8-2 ATS last 10

NJ 4-6 ATS last 10

season:
    spurs
    18-8-1 ATS AWAY
    27-18-2 ATS Fave

nets
    15-12 ATS home
    23-25 ATS dog

so obviously the line was bumped up to +8, but was it really bumped up enough?

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

TEASER 6.5 points
    Spurs -1.5
    Nets +14.5

Bet 5 to win 2.50

line could easily go up to +9 which might be better for it

2 outta 3 times (66%) would the spurs win by 2-14 points? I believe so

excluding washington beacuse they are so bad and PHI because they are a playoff team, last few games...
    beat @toronto by 11
    beat @detroit by 11
    beat @sacramento by 13

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nets +8 -110(25x) is locked in.

BL

BOL on that Big game lakerboy! I am on the nets for 2x

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Wow, damn LB. You're not messing around here.

mandude
    mandude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

GL with the big play today LB. Hope it hits. This game stood out when looking at the lines.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BL View Post
    BOL on that Big game lakerboy! I am on the nets for 2x
    Quote Originally Posted by GoggsViggs View Post
    Wow, damn LB. You're not messing around here.
    my point SK, (and it is illustrated here with these posts) is to get people to evaluate picks and not blindly trust a capper without questioning their reasoning.

I have noticed in the past, many people losing large quantities of money blindly following Elbie's picks; failing to understand that he wagers high on what he 'wants' to occur, rather than what is 'likely' to occur. I don't care personally which team wins and which does not. I do not have a favorite team that i root for.

His last foray into the large wagers ended quite poorly with a substantial 15X bet on the Lakers (-3.5) versus the Spurs in LA. He is chasing a personal buzz and that makes him a dangerous person to tail (imho)... lotta people followed him off the cliff on that one. Spurs won 89-88. He really wanted his team to beat the Spurs.. but placing a large wager will not affect that.

More money does not make a wager more secure, it makes it weaker.

I routinely observe Elbie dive into waters with only a passing glance regarding the safety of the waters. I think he did that the Jazz on Friday after Jerry Sloan debacle.. he jumped on the Jazz as if Sloan had been fired.. (teams always come out gangbusters after those) but he 'resigned'.. totally different. Breaking up with a girlfriend and her 'leaving' is very different energy signature. The former creates sense of freedom, the latter an emotional hangover. The latter occurred and the Jazz lost easily to the Suns. It was a modest wager, hardly worth mentioning, but in light of this one it becomes so.

i think this massive Net wager is dangerous, because the observations here are surface. Spurs had a great game over the Wizards, but that does not necessarily mean that they are shot out, and will play poorly.

Gambling is a game of numbers. Right off the bat, the Net bet looks bad.. placing money on 17-45 over 45-9. That translates to 26-90 SU chance of winning that game. I know this is ATS, but people usually like better SU numbers than 1 in 3.5 chance of winning that game. Granted the Spurs will not shoot as well this game as they did in the last, but there are 50 more levels of stats to look at, that may have been ignored before designating this as his "Play of the Year"

My wish is for everyone to make money, except bookies (really don't like them), and i hope this comes in for him. I always side with the Capper over the dreaded books.

I simply wish that people asked more questions, and that cappers posted their recent records, to show people what they are up to. People are obsessed with the stats of the teams in the matchups. Why not the stats of the capper?

The matchup in any wager is really not the teams playing but the Capper vs. the Book.

"Cap your cappers like cappers cap their teams."

Good luck on this bet, i wish i did not think this was a coin toss, but i do.
    At 25X, this bet should win outright, not win or lose by a bucket.

Folks, remember that a good bet is no longer in question with 4 minutes left.
    If you won or lost by a single score, it was a bad pick.
    Points Awarded:

spankie gave Ratzz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Untied gave Ratzz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NOREGRETS
    NOREGRETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Hope this hits. I may follow with units as well. Will be a huge play for me. LB, don't you think that this line will go to +8.5 with everybody on Spurs? I can lock it in now at +8, but I may wait and risk the line moving. Also, I like this play even more since the line is staying at +8 with everybody on the Spurs. The line should have at least moved to +8.5 by now and is steady. Let's do this

BL

my point SK, (and it is illustrated here with these posts) is to get people to evaluate picks and not blindly trust a capper without questioning their reasoning.
    That posting shows how u dont know NOTHING. Don't quote me if you even don't know who I am and what I am doing. I am not tailing anybody, I am capping every game myself. I played exactly 200 plays this season and hit 59% all documented in my thread.
    Yes I am on the Nets aswell today but for a 2x play whats not big or heavy.

from my thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by BL View Post
    Ok I've got 2 early releases for today: NJ Nets +8 (2x) Spurs won't really care about this game. They are on the road now for 2 weeks and covered 5 out of 7 games on that trip. It's a nice letdown spot for them against a Nets team that plays better defense at home. Nets already covered lower spreads against Lakers and Magic at home.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Hard bet to make, so it will most likely win.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

ratz....where are you from? just curious

Dexter
    Update your status

I have noticed in the past, many people losing large quantities of money blindly following Elbie's picks; failing to understand that he wagers high on what he 'wants' to occur, rather than what is 'likely' to occur. I don't care personally which team wins and which does not. I do not have a favorite team that i root for.

His last foray into the large wagers ended quite poorly with a substantial 15X bet on the Lakers (-3.5) versus the Spurs in LA. He is chasing a personal buzz and that makes him a dangerous person to tail (imho)... lotta people followed him off the cliff on that one. Spurs won 89-88. He really wanted his team to beat the Spurs.. but placing a large wager will not affect that.

More money does not make a wager more secure, it makes it weaker.

I routinely observe Elbie dive into waters with only a passing glance regarding the safety of the waters. I think he did that the Jazz on Friday after Jerry Sloan debacle.. he jumped on the Jazz as if Sloan had been fired.. (teams always come out gangbusters after those) but he 'resigned'.. totally different. Breaking up with a girlfriend and her 'leaving' is very different energy signature. The former creates sense of freedom, the latter an emotional hangover. The latter occurred and the Jazz lost easily to the Suns. It was a modest wager, hardly worth mentioning, but in light of this one it becomes so.

i think this massive Net wager is dangerous, because the observations here are surface. Spurs had a great game over the Wizards, but that does not necessarily mean that they are shot out, and will play poorly.

Gambling is a game of numbers. Right off the bat, the Net bet looks bad.. placing money on 17-45 over 45-9. That translates to 26-90 SU chance of winning that game. I know this is ATS, but people usually like better SU numbers than 1 in 3.5 chance of winning that game. Granted the Spurs will not shoot as well this game as they did in the last, but there are 50 more levels of stats to look at, that may have been ignored before designating this as his "Play of the Year"

My wish is for everyone to make money, except bookies (really don't like them), and i hope this comes in for him. I always side with the Capper over the dreaded books.

I simply wish that people asked more questions, and that cappers posted their recent records, to show people what they are up to. People are obsessed with the stats of the teams in the matchups. Why not the stats of the capper?

The matchup in any wager is really not the teams playing but the Capper vs. the Book.

"Cap your cappers like cappers cap their teams."

Good luck on this bet, i wish i did not think this was a coin toss, but i do.

At 25X, this bet should win outright, not win or lose by a bucket.

Folks, remember that a good bet is no longer in question with 4 minutes left.
    If you won or lost by a single score, it was a bad pick.
    wow..

i think you have a cyberspace stalker LB....this kid posts in your thread more then you do.

mrmann1
    mrmann1's Avatar Become A Pro!

For anyone who like the nets, please explain why. Spurs are great on the road and at home, are rested, and have ginobli back starting. Not too mention have only lost 3 times in 10 away games and covered 9 in 6 of 7 of those wins. Nets lost at home against knicks by 10, without amare as we all know. They're not a great team and people are comparing Lopez to duncun with Harris to Parker????? Maybe someone can talk me out of my spurs -8...?

Dexter
    Update your status

i advise people to proceed with extreme caution in this pick..
    ya.. i can't give this my 100% approval that i like to do before i post my own plays.. play this at your own risk, gentlemen might happen, might not
    thanks man....before i placed my bet i was hoping to get the ok from you.

now you can come back with the "i told you so" comments if the spurs win

mrmann1

Gotta love this line. This is crazy. Spurs won't cover this number. This might be my NBA play of the year so far. I'm thinking at least 3 dimes and maybe as high as 5 dimes. I have no doubt the spurs are way better and all that stuff but laying 8 points is way too much. Will book NJ +8 -110 very soon.
    why do u feel this way? Spurs have beaten better teams (or at least same level as the nets), on the road, by more than 9, with no days off in between games..now they've rested, got the end of Saturdays game to rest and Sunday..and they probably want to come out and pkay hard and dominate since this is towards the end of the road trip and they have Tuesday and Wednesday off to rest as well. Why ride the nets, I just wana know your angle.

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont bet against the sperm. they can pitch far boys

portnoy65
    borat
    portnoy65's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Spurs will cover easily

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like 70% on SA and line dropped from +8.5 to +8. It is the Spurs 8th straight road game, 5th game in 7 days. 4 out of their last 5 wins on this road trip though have been by double digits. All 6 of NJ's recent losses have been by double digits. This line is equivalent to SA laying -14 at home which seems spot on. Going to take a better look.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 02-14-11 at 09:50 AM.

mrmann1

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Looks like 70% on SA and line dropped from +8.5 to +8. It is the Spurs 8th straight road game, 5th game in 7 days. 4 out of their last 5 wins on this road trip though have been by double digits. ALL 6 of NJ's recent losses have been by double digits. This line is equivalent to SA laying -14 at home which seems spot on.
    And most of the starters and 'veterans' got to rest the 4th quarter Saturday and a full day off and non day game today..

JR007

Rat..dude..you have a credibility issue.....posters are correcting your record all the time in your thread,..you use the edit button, all the time,,...forget days when you lose...I do not see lots of explanations for your plays...when the edit signature was available last year LB posted a honest record..win or lose....you are not established here.....you are jealous of the popularity of his thread..pure and simple..you are a LB wannabee

First 12345 ... Last