rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday- Miami Heat (-1.5) vs Boston Celtics

Locking in Heat -1.5 @ Boston

The very hot Miami team should cover this game vs Boston. Boston has won the first two meetings, but obviously this is not the same Miami team they played months ago.

Since Miami started out 9-8, they've won 30 of the last 36 games and 3 of those losses came when the Big 3 wasn't together. Miami needs this win so Boston won't lock up the season series and own the tiebreaker over Miami.

The fully loaded Miami team will be up against a very banged up Celts team who are still full of injuries.

Marquis Daniels G Out Indefinitely (spinal injury)
    Semih Erden C Day-to-Day (thigh injury)
    Jermaine O'Neal F Out Indefinitely (sore knee)
    Shaquille O'Neal C Day-to-Day (sore hip)
    Delonte West G Out Indefinitely (wrist injury)

Celtics don't look like they have the bodies to withstand Lebron/Wade. If Peirce or Allen gets into early foul trouble who will step up from there bench?

Only worries I have here is who on Miami inability to defend Rondo. Rondo will destroy Arroyo/Chalmers, but if he's on fire I expect Lebron to shut him down just like what Kobe did to Rondo on Thursday.

Boston has been very iffy lately with a record of 5-5 in there last 10 games. Miami is the complete opposite with a record of 9-1 in there last 10.

Miami has been very good ATS on the road with a record of 17-10-1. Boston has a home ATS record of 11-15-2.

Miami will have revenge on there mind and will want to test themselves to the defending Eastern Conference Champs. However its really hard to see Celtics losing back to back home games.

BOL with your pick

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I'm on Heat as well. Nice write up by the way.

C-STACKS
    C-STACKS's Avatar Become A Pro!

like the pick and the write up...

still leanin...ill let u kno what I lock in..bol!

this is a big brother vs lil brother game...mia is founded on the celtics blueprint....

mia dominates the boards tho
    mia is younger tho
    mia is hungry and healthy

bos is experienced
    incredible comfort with eachother
    no bench, banged up

leanin mia

LBRookie
    LBRookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is going to be a tough choice. I see this game going to either team. My lean is on the Heat also, but may just go on the under.

I wouldn't worry to much about Rondo since he has proven once again that he didn't work on that lame jumper of his. rondo is pass first pass second, then it's shoot third. Teams have just been laying off of him in the half court daring him to shoot. Where he is dangerous is in the open court which I don't see happening much because the Celts don't want to play that kind of game with the Heat.

Just my two cents. BOL with your pick!

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

crazy betting against the celtics at the garden. Dallas have troubled the c's in recent times, and as for the lakers well every game is like a finals series. Boston wins this I'll happily eat my words but Boston will make it 3 from 3. Lakers will beat the magic also. Odom, Bynum, Gasol and the black mamba are too much for this magic team. I like Boston to win by 10+

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by LBRookie View Post
    This is going to be a tough choice. I see this game going to either team. My lean is on the Heat also, but may just go on the under.

I wouldn't worry to much about Rondo since he has proven once again that he didn't work on that lame jumper of his. rondo is pass first pass second, then it's shoot third. Teams have just been laying off of him in the half court daring him to shoot. Where he is dangerous is in the open court which I don't see happening much because the Celts don't want to play that kind of game with the Heat.

Just my two cents. BOL with your pick!
    You wouldn't worry about Rondo? right there you lose any bit of credibility you may have had.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

good luck, leaning toward the Celts here..

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The Heat aren't deep or dominate with bigs so no Shaq or Jermaine isn't that big of a deal. As long as KG and Perkins play the Celtics will be fine down low. They still have Harangody and Big Baby to come off the bench to bang down low.
    Last edited by NardVa; 02-13-11 at 12:37 AM.

C-STACKS
    C-STACKS's Avatar Become A Pro!

idk, its the battle of the big three....

lebron,wade,c.b.

garnet, pierce, allen

mia is hungry, lebron is a proven freak in high profile games. add wade and c.b. to that equation...

bos is experienced, but not against a team of many similarities but younger and hungry....bos will breakdown when it comes to pts frm the bench...

I understand y boston is a good argument...but thats all it is...

miami to the bank....!!!! I hit like crazy today, hopefully im callin this game as well...

at the end of the day...good luck

LBRookie
    LBRookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    You wouldn't worry about Rondo? right there you lose any bit of credibility you may have had.
    Don't get it wrong. Rondo is legit. Read the post. He was saying that they don't have anyone to cover him. If I'm right about the Heat laying off on him I dont see him hitting half his jumpers.

I don't need you to approve my credibility bro. It's just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Miami is the play here.. They are now a different team.. Way more better than the before.. and revenge factor is in play here guys.. Don't overthink.. HEAT is the play!!! Pound it!!!

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

waiting til game time to bet big on Boston ML and spread. fck Miami. boston will come out roaring after the loss to lakers at home.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Look at it this way Miami Big three is Younger and can outlast Bostons big three

handicapper03
    handicapper03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

heats winning record will be taken up by the celtics. +1.5!

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VTranX View Post
    waiting til game time to bet big on Boston ML and spread. fck Miami. boston will come out roaring after the loss to lakers at home.
    don't be emotional. miami is more hungry to win this battle. i hate miami , too but i put money on miami.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

heat. lebron is the best player on the court.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

celtics are by far my favorite nba team. heat win this though. i think.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

oh line has moved to 2.5. i'll pass rite now.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

miami for me too

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Miami is the play here.. They are now a different team.. Way more better than the before.. and revenge factor is in play here guys.. Don't overthink.. HEAT is the play!!! Pound it!!!
    pound the heat at boston whom they've lost 2 from 2? yeah right.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea but the no bench thing messed everything up 2nd half with lakers, celticts get tired they're old

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Yep, will be jumping on the band wagon as well on this, Miami all the way.

rapidfire5
    Update Status

Some books have it at -3 now

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Miami...n I'm a Beaner.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    yea but the no bench thing messed everything up 2nd half with lakers, celticts get tired they're old
    The Ray Allen record thing is what messed them up. While the Lakers at halftime get focussed to come out smoking, the Celtics are sidetracked with a crowd that'll be content even if the team loses 'cause they witnessed the record. Typical when a team has a special player dedication or ceremony is the team that usually comes up short, as tough to focus with all the hoopla and commotion sidetracking the team.

Celtics an underdog at home against the Heat after losing to the Lakers in a sidetracked game is crazy. Bet against at your own peril.

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    The Ray Allen record thing is what messed them up. While the Lakers at halftime get focussed to come out smoking, the Celtics are sidetracked with a crowd that'll be content even if the team loses 'cause they witnessed the record. Typical when a team has a special player dedication or ceremony is the team that usually comes up short, as tough to focus with all the hoopla and commotion sidetracking the team.

Celtics an underdog at home against the Heat after losing to the Lakers in a sidetracked game is crazy. Bet against at your own peril.
    I like the way you analyzed this...you just talked me out of betting the heat

rapidfire5
    Update Status

A question for everyone

Who do you guys think needs this game more?

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Boston 105 Hated 93

BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

lol you people are so dumb. CELTICS are the play here.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

i love kg but this is the game heat gonna win and show why they are going to be the best

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire5 View Post

Marquis Daniels G Out Indefinitely (spinal injury)
    Semih Erden C Day-to-Day (thigh injury)
    Jermaine O'Neal F Out Indefinitely (sore knee)
    Shaquille O'Neal C Day-to-Day (sore hip)
    Delonte West G Out Indefinitely (wrist injury)
    I think its pretty funny how people keep talking about Bostons lack of depth.

Check their 2 wins over the Heat and tell me what all those players contributed to those?

Daniels - 12 min 4/5 8 points, 16 min 1/4 2 points.
    Erden - DNP, 8 min 1/2 4 points
    JOneal - 12 min 0/3, DNP
    SOneal - 18 min 3/7 9 points, 21 min 1/4 5 points
    West - DNP, DNP

If you think Boston can't replace that production you are delusional. Perkins alone can contribute more then Erden/Shaq/Jermaine did in the 2 games.

Von Wafer can score 5 points which will match Daniels average in 2 games.

Make no mistake about it. This is all about the big 4 and Shrek and Donkey, none of the others matter. This isn't the Lakers they are playing that they need big man depth. The only thing you should be concerned with is whether Boston really cares enough to go all out in this game since they have already proven themselves twice.

nah0228
    nah0228's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

i like the heat here

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by VTranX View Post
    I agree- this happens all the time in the NBA. Just a week ago Boston lost to Dallas at home in a let down and came right back and toyed with Orlando 2 days later.

Kobe
    Kobe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

Boston now +3.5. Buy it up to +4 and pound the shit out of it. Lets get rich my niggas.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Boston at home and underdog seems too easy doesnt it?

123 Last