WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers (+2.5) is my play tonight (long read)...

Celtics are 0-4 on the tail end of their last 4 back to backs. So what does that have to do with this game? Everything. The Celtics are the best team in the NBA when they are rested and they have their second unit clicking. But when they are tired, well, that b2b record will tell you how they perform when they are fatigued.

The Celtics last game was against a struggling Bobcats team that pushed the celtics for all 48 minutes. The reason they were successful at this is because the age of the Celtics always seems to kick in around this time. The only difference is that now they have to deal with injuries as well.

Shaq is out with an Achilles injury, Erden who surprisingly came into his role well is having some sort of a groin injury, Jermaine O'neal is out because he has chosen to have surgery. Delonte west is still out due to his wrist, and I'm sure most of you saw or heard about what happened to Marquis Daniels. On top of all of these Perkins is very fresh off his return and isn't ready to bear the 35-40 minute load he usually does.

With all these problems affecting Doc's line up that means that the bulk of the second units will be played by Glen Davis, Harongody, Von Wafer, and Nate Robinson. And if and when the time ever comes that Perk and or KG need to sit , Big Baby will be guarding Pau Gasol.

All this being said the Lakers haven't been playing their best basketball as of late, but there is no doubt they will get up for Boston. Phil is mastermind and he will undoubtedly key in on the weaknesses of Boston and try and hinder them more by shutting down main scorers, and getting the celtics into early foul trouble.

It is hard to be a team once in an NBA season, even harder to beat a team twice, and near impossible to beat a team 3 times. I don't think it happens tonight . My pick is Lakers +2.5 and Under the 187.5 total. BoL on both sides!

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

They had a days rest breh.. stick this thread in your ear.. Celtics all day and under

WHATaTEASE

Not trying to sway you from your picks...breh...just stating fact. GL

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

This game is a tough call.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

here's my two cents- Wafer can't wait to get a chance to score/play, Nate can't wait, Ray has been probably been practicing 3s for48 hours straight so he can show off and beat the record, Paul Pierce loves to play the lakers and will drive into the lane; he doesn't give a fuk, Shaq is a non-factor right now because he's been playing crappy, Davis is a defensive monster and the leader in nba in charges taken (and lakers charge around clumsily) and also very coordinated, and KG, well, he takes these games seriously as well.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Celtics actually have had 2 full days of rest. Last game was Monday at Charlotte. All I needed to read of this thread was the first sentence.

WHATaTEASE

Last 10 meetings Home team is 5-5
    Last 10 meetings are split 5-5
    Last 10 meetings the Underdog is 6-4 ATS
    I'll take the points and see what happens...

WHATaTEASE

You obviously didn't read
    More than the first sentence. I wasn't implying they were on a back to back. But showing the effects of being tired from a back to back as apposed to the affects of being tired from now having to play extended minutes . Read thorough next time .

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Expect Lamar to lead the Lakers to the victory tonight. Obviously, Kobe & Pau will be Kobe & Pau. Bynum will cause big problems for the leprechauns in the middle, but Odom will be the difference tonight.

Lakers plus the points.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I like the Celtics at home in this one

chelle0113
    chelle0113's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think celtics have it!!!

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1026

i am on the under.good luck.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WHATaTEASE View Post
    You obviously didn't read
    More than the first sentence. I wasn't implying they were on a back to back. But showing the effects of being tired from a back to back as apposed to the affects of being tired from now having to play extended minutes . Read thorough next time .

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    They had a days rest breh.. stick this thread in your ear.. Celtics all day and under
    Not sure what either of you guys are talking about. Celtics didn't have a days break, they had a full two days of rest. They played Monday and had Tues/Weds off. Celtics are 5-3-1 ATS with 2 days rest, Lakers are 1-4. The Lakers are the ones struggling this year not Boston, their old age is showing with Kobe, Fisher and Artest having down years. Efficiencey wise all of the Celtics players are having career years all shooting the best shooting %'s of their lives. Defense for Boston looks as solid as ever allowing in the low 90's every night.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 02-10-11 at 10:25 AM.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Im rolling witht he Celtics too. I took the Money line and the spread for this 1. Bynum is playing like shit and Gasol and Artest and Odom and Kobe and Fisher is shit. so I have no choice but to pick Boston in this 1. I am staying away from the total anything can happen -- Amazing will happen fawww sho

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Im rolling witht he Celtics too. I took the Money line and the spread for this 1. Bynum is playing like shit and Gasol and Artest and Odom and Kobe and Fisher is shit. so I have no choice but to pick Boston in this 1. I am staying away from the total anything can happen -- Amazing will happen fawww sho
    You obviously need to stick to playing with your dolls because you know nothing about basketball.

BTW....Kobe & Fish have 5 rings. Pau 2......Lamar 2......Bynum 2 and Artest 1. The Heat??? One! Jealous much?

Note: Edit to fix my error regarding heat having zero titles.......I lost my mind when I read wikkidinsane's post about how my Lakers are all "shit".
    Last edited by William Walters; 02-10-11 at 11:41 AM.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I don't know if there is much value either way.

LBRookie
    LBRookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rolling with the Celts tonight. Boston seems to have the Lakers number this year. Both teams had plenty of rest. The NBA would never schedule a game like this with either of teams on a b2b. To many things going for Celtics tonight. Ray breaking record, Lakers can't beat an elite team, Celtics at home, Bynum and Artest feelings hurt because of trade rumors, etc.

As for depth for both teams both teams I think even out. Games like this come down to the stars anyways. Also, your insert about baby guarding Gasol needs to be reevaluated. Gasol will get his, but dont underestimate what Baby could do. Lakers have problems with undersized bigs beasting them. I.e. baby, landry, scola, hayes, blair.

Just my thoughts gl anyway on your bet.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    You obviously need to stick to playing with your dolls because you know nothing about basketball.

BTW....Kobe & Fish have 5 rings. Pau 2......Lamar 2......Bynum 2 and Artest 1. The Heat??? ZERO! Jealous much?
    The whole Laker team is playing like shit right now and that's what I wanted to point out. I hope you put money on them tonight so you will get I know a lot about Basketball. If you are trying to say I'm jsut hating on the Lakers because of their success then you fail because I respect Kobe Bryant than any other player in the NBA right now but I m just calling it like how it is. THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS ARE PLAYING LIKE DOOOODOOOO RIGHT NOW!!!

ohnevah
    It's the take over!!!
    ohnevah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Wade actually does have a ring with the heat.....

sweetjones55

BTW....Kobe & Fish have 5 rings. Pau 2......Lamar 2......Bynum 2 and Artest 1. The Heat??? ZERO! Jealous much?
    Who won the NBA Finals when the Heat played the Mavericks?

Countdown til "I meant the Big 3"
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 02-10-11 at 11:45 AM.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by ohnevah View Post
    Wade actually does have a ring with the heat.....
    My bad.....you are correct. I momentarily forgot about Wade leading that fat ring chaser to his 4th ring.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Who won the NBA Finals when the Heat played the Mavericks?
    Wade and some fat dude with crossed eyes.

sweetjones55

Lol, I'm just messing with ya Will. Good luck on your plays.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Not sure what to make of this games. Normally I would say Celtics is the play when coming off a lost with rest but these teams did play 2 weeks ago and the Lakers want revenge. Can't really think of an edge for either team. Both teams are capable of rising to the occasion. I say it's a toss up.

William Walters

Same to you SJ. Well, other than your potential play on the leprechauns tonight.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

leaning towards no play. who wants to lose money on an "exciting game"? I'll bet on college bball, wizardofbeantowns thread kicks ass, there's always a few good picks on there.

hatemybookie
    hatemybookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerType:Date:Team:Risking / To WinSTRAIGHT BETFeb 10NBA [501] L.A. LAKERS +2½-110 1100.00 USD / 1000.00 USD

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Go ahead and eat some crow. The WORLD CHAMPIONS came in and beat some leprechaun ass.

BOL in the future.

wikkidinsane

Go ahead and eat some crow. The WORLD CHAMPIONS came in and beat some leprechaun ass.

BOL in the future.
    Thanks you 2

WHATaTEASE

Wikkidinsane came into the post not even halfway through the game to mock lakers backers how did the celtics bet work out for you. O but i forgot you "know alot about basketball" . I am from Boston and a celtics fan. I would be the last person to side lakers if there wasn't good reason!

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well done,good prediction,personally i preferred the clear victory without handicap.