LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Celtics are -3 over Lakers

Do they finish off season sweep or do Lakers get revenge for Celts' win in LA?

I think Boston is the best team in the NBA and they make a statement. I know the Lakers almost always coast through regular season, but they have at least gotten up for marquee opponents in past years. This year, not so much as they have come up short in just about every big game they've played (Miami at home, Boston at home, San Antonio home and away).

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I agree. I saw the line and stood out right away. I look forward to seeing how the bets come in.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Lakers split with Boston last year/ split with Magic/lost 3 of 4 vs denver/lost both to cavs. So they went 2-8 versus the teams that were thought to be contenders vs them. I woould think that betting under here is the best play.

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give me Lakers +3 @ Boston

No way there going to get swept by Boston this season

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

not sure what to think of this line. looks too easy. but im not going to overthink this. have to go witht he better team and then whatever happens will happen. celts -3 it is

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like Lakers against boston, they will get a win against a good team. They had the Spurs all but beat if the Spurs didn't get a stroke of a pure luck at the last second and they will want to get a win against Boston tonight and the Lakers get a few points..what could be better.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90288

Should be fun to watch

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate the Celtics but I think they cover here.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i think boston will cover this game

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

- 2,5 in some sites...

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Taking the Celts in this game-have wagered as yet. -2 1/2 looks very good.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Gimme the celtics -3

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I think Lakers is a risky play, Celtics seems safer, they're at home, they're better right now.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like kobe and the lakers to win this.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Tough call. Sitting back and enjoying this one. GL

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

I dont see what the big deal is about Boston being -3. its a pkem game. Line was same in LA the other way around.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is about Boston being -3. its a pkem game. Line was same in LA the other way around.
    Yep, line is where it should be. The real question is who wins.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire5 View Post
    Give me Lakers +3 @ Boston

No way there going to get swept by Boston this season
    Where do folks get that phrase from? "No way" ..... The Lakers have already been swept by the Spurs. If they get swept by the Celtics, will the world come to an end?

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

Pierce has a "illness" and is questionable for the game.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

with or without pierce, i think boston rolls the lake show tomorrow night

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    Pierce has a "illness" and is questionable for the game.
    That's the key factor. Will the public bet against the illness or ignore it. Only Pierce knows the play.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers also lost by 9 @ Dallas, a very similar regular season caliber opponent to Boston.

sweetjones55

Here was my little writeup for the game.

If Pierce is healthy, there should be no reason for LA to win. Against the elite of the NBA, Lakers are 0-5 this year. They lost by 16 to Heat at home, lost @ Spurs by 15, lost @ Mavs by 9, lost to Boston at home by 13, and lost at home to the Spurs by 1. Kobe scored 17 vs miami, 21 @ SA, 21 @ Mavs, 16 vs SA, and even when Kobe scored 41 points in the Staples Center they still got crushed by Boston by 13. Basically he has not been very effective offensively when playing the best teams which has never been the case with the Kobe in the past.

The problem with LA is Derrick Fisher, Ron Artest, Shannon Brown and Steve Blake. These are four key players for the Lakers who are all playing terribly this year and what's most important is that they have been playing terrible lately. Those 4 guys in January averaged 24 points on about 42% shooting (5% below the team average). Artest is a terrible offensive player and his defense is no where near what it used to be. Fisher is the worst starting PG in the NBA right now by far. He shooting the worst of all of them. He can't penetrate and doesn't create for his team. Blake and Brown started off hot this year and as of late they have been horrible. Blake has had zero double figure point games the last ten games and Brown has had one. You can't beat Boston on the road with 4 key players playing really badly.

It also doesn't help that Andrew Bynum who hasn't been playing well now has to go out there with the thoughts of being traded to Denver for Carmelo. The Nuggets would be really terrible if that trade did go down and it just sucks to go from living in LA to freezing Denver. If I were him I'd be really nervous about all that talk and it may affect his play.

Boston has done very well vs the NBA's elite. They beat Miami by 8 at home, beat Miami by 5 on the road, lost @ Dallas but covered that game as they were on b2b without Rondo, lost @ ORL by, beat SA by 2, beat Orl by 3 at home, beat LA on the road, and then lost to Dallas on the road in a game they led and blew at the end. They are 5-3 SU so far this year against the elite. In all 3 of Boston's losses, I really thought they should have won. They led by double digits vs Orlando on Christmas and had no business losing holding Howard scoreless through 3 quarters. In both Dallas games, Boston had a 4+ point lead in the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 02-10-11 at 12:25 AM.
    Points Awarded:

semperd0 gave sweetjones55 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Let's Bet
    Let's Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!

go the under

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

I do not expect Pierce to miss the game. He would have to be really sick to miss this matchup. Alot of time the stars that do play that had flu/illness or whatever kinda sickness they usually go nuts.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I do not expect Pierce to miss the game. He would have to be really sick to miss this matchup. Alot of time the stars that do play that had flu/illness or whatever kinda sickness they usually go nuts.
    Rivers says Pierce is going to be fine. Boston is little thin with the bigs but who do the Lakers have other than Bynum/Gasol? They will just make sure to have KG/Perkins on either of those guys throughout the game.

lyon804

Celts struggle with Dallas because there bigs are so athletic and run the floor and create open transistion shots are dunks.

sweetjones55

Also, Ray Allen is going to break that 3 point record tomorrow. That is really going to get the Celtics going when he gets it and I think the team will turn it up to another level and I can just feel the Garden going nuts.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Rivers says Pierce is going to be fine. Boston is little thin with the bigs but who do the Lakers have other than Bynum/Gasol? They will just make sure to have KG/Perkins on either of those guys throughout the game.

Not really worried about it. Big baby is not a scrub he can play too. Besides if LA is trailing Kobe will most likely try to do it all by himself anyways thus eliminating the interior offense other than offensive rebounds. LA rarely ever utilizes there bigs effectively as they should.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Also, Ray Allen is going to break that 3 point record tomorrow. That is really going to get the Celtics going when he gets it and I think the team will turn it up to another level and I can just feel the Garden going nuts.

Really is a shitty matchup for the Lakers. Think about it. How many advantages does Celtics have?

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

question is whether Boston is smart enough to see that Miami & LA have toyed with them thus far

Ray Allen looks like only guy on that team with the capacity to recognize that

perkins/big baby/garnett/pierce are too primitive & proud to read writing on the wall

my prediction is this game means nothing, lakers play possum again & boston gets throttled in playoffs

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    question is whether Boston is smart enough to see that Miami & LA have toyed with them thus far

Ray Allen looks like only guy on that team with the capacity to recognize that

perkins/big baby/garnett/pierce are too primitive & proud to read writing on the wall

my prediction is this game means nothing, lakers play possum again & boston gets throttled in playoffs

Who would throttle Boston in the playoffs?

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riley's thug trio with a dash of Eddie House

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

i think celtics got it tomorrow

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Lakers at +3 tomorrow.

1234 Last