CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Brandon Roy to return this week?

"Brandon Roy is set to return to the Blazers active roster this week. Roy had double knee surgery three weeks and there was some talk that he would be shut down for the season, but on Friday he was cleared for full-contact practices by the medical staff. Roy plans to participate in at least two practices and then he'll be ready to go.

Roy will play either Friday at Toronto or Sunday at Detroit and at his request, he'll come off the bench when he returns.

"For sure against Detroit, and maybe for Toronto," Roy told The Oregonian. "I'm excited. I feel pretty good."

"I would rather come off the bench right now and get my legs and feel back," Roy added. "My biggest thing is to get ready for the second half of the season, so we can make a strong push for the rest of the year, because we are right there at that eighth spot."

Roy said his right knee is pain free, while the left knee still has some pain, which will always be the case.

"If I can keep (the right knee) feeling good, then I think I can get back to my old self," Roy said. "The left one, I've always had to deal with. But when the right one started bugging me consistently, it made me feel like I didn't have a leg to depend on."

When asked, head coach Nate McMillan said he wasn't sure if Roy would play this week.

"We haven't talked about it yet," McMillan told The Portland Tribune. "We'll see this week. We talked about him traveling with the team (on the upcoming trip), but not playing yet. This is Brandon talking. I haven't heard that from (the Blazers; medical staff), where he's been cleared to go live. We'll have to see."

-- Nick Borges"

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roy been working on burning down his bamboo sticks, he should be good to go.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I'm curious as to how this impacts the Blazers, I almost think they're better without him. Maybe they can showcase him and package him with Miller for an upgrade at PG.

I mean with Batum/Matthews/Fernandez stepping up I don't see a need for Roy.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

he should just rest up, he might put his career in jeopardy if he isn't careful

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

he is done

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Gotta see how this plays out with the great play of Aldridge and Mathews lately...