tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Anthony will never win a championship

Not like I'm stretching it to say Carmelo won't ever sniff a championship. He's giving a joke of an effort with Denver only down 6 closing in on Utah with 4 minutes left. No defense, not running anywhere, not rebounding and just showing no flow.

Of course, I've been pimping D Wade since he was a frosh at Marquette and always though Carmello was overrated. Can't believe he was move hyped in that draft class than my boy Wade.

Carmello has got so much talent but I can't stand watching this level of effort. Don't want him on my team. No excuse slouching around in a home game on a Friday night. He's just soft.
    Last edited by tatddy; 02-05-11 at 12:12 AM.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carmelo's defense is as good as he wants it to be. He played stellar defense in the playoffs on occasion.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
    Carmelo's defense is as good as he wants it to be. He played stellar defense in the playoffs on occasion.
    Exactly my point.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

He'll fit right into D'Antonis no defense playing teams. Good luck Nix fans. And yes i'm bitter, but the guy is a joke no better then the Denver clowns not willing to let him leave.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    He'll fit right into D'Antonis no defense playing teams. Good luck Nix fans. And yes i'm bitter, but the guy is a joke no better then the Denver clowns not willing to let him leave.
    Yep, his character has been revealed. You know how when Kobe scores 41 points the Lakers have a strange way of losing those games? That pretty much sums up Anthony's entire career.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Carmelo is overrated. I've always said that to my friends.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

He knows he's gunna be out of Denver soon. His motivation level is probably low.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carmelo is highly capable of playing defense. Who cares if he's not motivated during the regular season on a team he's leaving soon? Shows his character perhaps, if you want to argue that, but his defensive ability really shouldn't be called into question here. Whether or not he will win a title is really up in the air, and leaning more towards him not winning one, imo. The league is pretty jacked, and unless he goes to LA, I'm not sure it happens.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    Carmelo is highly capable of playing defense. Who cares if he's not motivated during the regular season on a team he's leaving soon? Shows his character perhaps, if you want to argue that, but his defensive ability really shouldn't be called into question here. Whether or not he will win a title is really up in the air, and leaning more towards him not winning one, imo. The league is pretty jacked, and unless he goes to LA, I'm not sure it happens.
    Who said anything about questioning his ability? That's irrelevant. If it were all about ability then J.R. Smith would be an all-star every year. Great players don't routinely take nights off. Do you see Garnett, Ray Allen, Wade, Kobe, Rose, etc dogging it a few times a week?

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL @ comparing a dysfunctional Nuggets team to a proven championship Boston team. You're clearly kidding obviously.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

He's probably the best or 2nd (Durant) best pure scorer in the nba. The difference is I think Melo needs to play with player that can teach him. obnviously why lebron went with d wade because he has the hardware. if billups was in his prime denver is the main threat out west right now. Mello mello should go to new york but they need a pg.

Carmello doesn't take nights off lol. If your talking about tonight he played great, averaged 1.5 pps, fukin amazing. Defensively he's averaged but still solid. He'll just never be no kobe or lebron or wade he'll win like 1 year maybe

amare will win a championship before he retires i guarantee. He is 28 and understands defense. he showed his emotion today after the knicks lost and he didn't get the ball. if they get mello they will be a contender but still won't beat the heat

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Melo to LA Clip and send DerronWilliams there to with Blake Griff I like that squad.

Would rather take Westbrook/Durrant/and a Dwight Howard or Griff