sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

SPURS is the play tomorrow

Spurs -3.5 LOCKED (x3)

I don't care about any line movement or public betting on this one. Utah lost 5 straight road games, are coming back home for the first game, on back to back. Utah's plane won't leave LA til about 12AM and it's a 3 hour flight which means they will land in Utah at 3AM and probably not be home and asleep til 4AM to then have to wake up with no preparation or gameplan to play the best team in the NBA with the best road record. Did I mention that Utah's players don't even know the plays (read quote below)?? They got blown out by LA, PHI, BOS. They lost by 8 to NJ and by 7 to Wash. I really highly doubt they get back home and somehow magically play great on back to back against the Spurs, a team they already lost to by double digits at home. Spurs had a day of rest and are 16-9-2 ATS with 1 day of rest. Spurs have NEVER been favored in Utah. The books know what's up.

“I think at times one or two of the guys out on the court do not know what we are running,”. Deron Williams also said more than once this season that his team does not know the plays, while guard Raja Bell has pointed out Utah’s tendency to resort to one-on-one ball once the team’s offense breaks down. Utah is really falling apart, you would think at the very least they would be well coached but that has not been the case this year.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 01-26-11 at 12:23 AM.
    Points Awarded:

firehoyt gave sweetjones55 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Pauulzcappin

The line is offline, I expect it to be -4 when it's back up.

sweetjones55

Get on this one early as the line is going to move VERY fast.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

utah have burned me a few times (including tonight's game in 4th, smh)...I keep anticipating some sort of rebound from them, and am sure at some point it will come, but this team is just garbage and truly falling apart. They're not deep enough to cause any sort of threat and are playing some terrible terrible basketball. Can't see this one being close...

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    The line is offline, I expect it to be -4 when it's back up.
    I am reallyyyy hoping to get an early line of -3.5 that moves almost immediately to -4 but you are probably right. It should open at -4 if the books have a clue.

Pauulzcappin

Pinny just went on maintence, I'm gonna catch a couple of hours of sleep and try to get a good line.

Kaan
    Kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wonder when it will open...

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Pinny just went on maintence, I'm gonna catch a couple of hours of sleep and try to get a good line.
    I've always noticed when you got games like this where it looks like a great play that the books take forever to open the line.

Shadowcat
    Shadowcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Gotta feel bad for the Jazz...

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

hope the spurs will win and u are right bu8ddy.. lets cash this and break the book

juanego
    juanego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Im already excited about this tomorrow, going hard on the spurs tomorrow!!! Good vibes
    Damn....I love betting

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs ml

sweetjones55

Line reopened at bookmaker, -3.5.

juanego
    juanego's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Line reopened at bookmaker, -3.5.
    Damn just got in at -4.....BOL guys $$$!

Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im in this for 2k..let's get it.

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like a good bet

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

like this bet as well, this is like another road game for utah...i would fade them 1q and 1h too for good measure

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

sometimes you don't need team chemistry always to win games. the jazz are playing very bad right now but 1 dominate player can win a game by himself and you should know this if you play ball. Deron can win this game by himself if he gets in a rhythm, not just scoring, just making plays. he knows he's the best player in that gym tomrrow

the spurs at -3.5 looks decent at best. the jazz are not getting blown out thats for sure. milsap will actually be able to get some work against the undersized blaire, whereas today he was unsuccessfully trying to guard the crafty 7 footer

Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatles View Post
    sometimes you don't need team chemistry always to win games. the jazz are playing very bad right now but 1 dominate player can win a game by himself and you should know this if you play ball. Deron can win this game by himself if he gets in a rhythm, not just scoring, just making plays. he knows he's the best player in that gym tomrrow

the spurs at -3.5 looks decent at best. the jazz are not getting blown out thats for sure. milsap will actually be able to get some work against the undersized blaire, whereas today he was unsuccessfully trying to guard the crafty 7 footer

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

good luck

Reed Harris
    Reed Harris's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope your right I'm going large on Spurs ML. Good luck.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The 3 hours on that plane they will be sleeping. The game doesn't start until 9:30 pm so that have about 16 hours to rest/prepare when they come off that plane about 4am. I really respect that you're letting us know about this but their staff has to have some sort preparations set for this home game right?

I don't no I'm probably tailing this play, putting a regular bet on but if this was a respectable sport like soccer then I'd probably go big, otherwise GL everyone who is going big.

xxdjstriderxx
    xxdjstriderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

could be the sleeper play of the day

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xxdjstriderxx View Post
    could be the sleeper play of the day
    Nothing Sleeper about this play... SJ is 100% right about it. Best play on the board for Wednesday.

ReiNNNN
    ReiNNNN's Avatar Become A Pro!

holy shit. nice analysis! thanks man!

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

taking the Utah ML good luck to you

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Is this what NBA is all about? Winning games by himself?

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice
    telespectatorul's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, deron winning by himself...right...after he almost said that he team has no heart...that's exactly what he's gonna do tonight: a one man show.

Vaioice
    Update your status
    Vaioice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Jazz is 1-3 SU n ATS after 20+ point loss
    Jazz are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
    Jazz are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
    Jazz are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
    Jazz are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 Wednesday games.
    Jazz are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games.

Spurs are 12-1 SU after 10-19 point win
    Spurs are 10-3 ATS after a 10-19 point win (7-3 @ home, 3-0 away)
    Spurs are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
    Spurs are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.
    Spurs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.

Utah has lost its last 5 games. Yes they were all road games, but Washington, New Jersey, and Philly were all winnable games. Only expected a loss in Boston, and LA. And it wasn't like they didn't have enough rest. I think the teams morale is low right now, and the Spurs are playing the best ball in the league @ the moment. On the road or @ home, it doesn't make a difference to them. Utah's last road trip was 4 games long and they came home to lose to Portland. IMO Spurs can play @ any tempo, they can run n gun, look @ the way they handled GSW in the bay. And they can clamp down and grind it out. This game isn't even gonna be close. Spurs 101-91.

-vai

note** was gonna start a new thread, but seeing one already opened. i figured i'd add my 2cents. Lets get 'em tomorrow!
    Last edited by Vaioice; 01-26-11 at 04:33 AM. Reason: added note...

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice
    telespectatorul's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have more confidence in spurs beating @ utah than if the spurs would of played @ houston for example. utah is a mess right now.

Pauulzcappin

sometimes you don't need team chemistry always to win games. the jazz are playing very bad right now but 1 dominate player can win a game by himself and you should know this if you play ball. Deron can win this game by himself if he gets in a rhythm, not just scoring, just making plays. he knows he's the best player in that gym tomrrow the spurs at -3.5 looks decent at best. the jazz are not getting blown out thats for sure. milsap will actually be able to get some work against the undersized blaire, whereas today he was unsuccessfully trying to guard the crafty 7 footer
    deron can't beat the spurs by himself.

gv12
    gv12's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck today SJ

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

good luck

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

My book had em at -3.5, bought the hook. Hopefully y'all are right on this one. Gonna be my only NBA play of the day.........

123 Last