Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Millsap is questionable and may not play tonight. Just in case you guys were wondering why the line has been turned off some places.
    If Jefferson gets into foul trouble, they only have Okur then... inside

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I don't think this is as easy as it sounds. Remember Jerry Sloan is the coach for the Jazz, and they have had a tough road trip. I think this will be a nail bitter. Also from LA to SLC is only 1 hour not 3. I have made that flight many of times.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sloan was also there coach when the lost the other 7 home games this year... and lost to Wizards and Nets. BOOM!

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line reopened SA -5

brko
    brko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

they almost lost by double digits at Washington... how bad the situation can be?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    SJ you've got a lot of stats and trends here

but these pages and pages of paragraphs won't help you tonight

The thing about the NBA is you don't have to win every game to make the playoffs

Both teams know this.
    True but alot points to SA winning. If this was nonconference and the Jazz werent in dissaray then Id agree, Jazz also played last night just gotta go with SA. SA wins this hands down in this spot.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Line reopened SA -5
    You got a good number, I think some shops have it at 4.

cblackgold
    cblackgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

San. Antonio. FOR THE WIN. PERIOD

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by madworld View Post
    I don't think this is as easy as it sounds. Remember Jerry Sloan is the coach for the Jazz, and they have had a tough road trip. I think this will be a nail bitter. Also from LA to SLC is only 1 hour not 3. I have made that flight many of times.
    Sure, Sloan is great, but you're comparing him to Popovich as if the coaching matchup is entirely in the Jazz's favour?

juanego
    juanego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Gotta love it!!!!!!!

Props to sweetjones55

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok here are the main problems with your argument.

You are saying that the home crowd is going to be a big factor. I just can't believe this to be true because Utah has already shown this year that they are NOT the same home team they used to be. They have already dropped 7 games at home. Four of the seven losses were by double digits. This just isn't the same dominant Utah home team. They aren't even a top 10 home team this year numbers wise.

Your next argument is that they are going to be pissed. Being pissed doesn't equate to playing well, it's almost always the opposite. They were pissed after losing to Washington, followed that up with a loss to NJ. They were pissed after losing to NJ, followed that up with another loss to Philly. They were really pissed after getting embarrassed by Boston. Followed that up with another embarrassment on NBA TV to LA.

You also say Sloan will have them ready. How do you figure? They were obviously not ready to play last night. They had to fly from LA to Utah, 3 hour flight, and the players were in bed at 4AM at the earliest. They will not have any time whatsoever to prepare/gameplan for the Spurs tonight. They will probably wake up around 12PM, eat, and head out to the arena. The players have constantly said "we don't know the plays", "we don't know what we are running". They didn't have that fixed for Boston and LA and there is ZERO reason to believe on back to back off a 5 game with long travel that they will have it fixed tonight.

Here are the questions you need to ask yourself Fly.

One — a recurring problem for the Jazz — is no one fouls more than they do. Opponents have long feasted at the line against Sloan’s teams, and that doesn’t figure to change.

1. Is there good reason to believe that will change against SA tonight who constantly attack the paint?

The Jazz have given up 47.3 percent FG and 40 percent from 3 point so far in January. Meanwhile, the Jazz still give up the most free throws per shot attempt, and, most disturbing of all, they’ve settled in at 27th in defensive rebounding rate. Only three teams allow a higher points per possession mark on spot-up opportunities than Utah, according to the stat-tracking service Synergy Sports.

2. Is there good reason to believe that Utah will limit SA from the field? SA is ranked 3rd in the NBA in 3pt % and is ranked 4th in Effective FG%.

3. Is there good reason to believe that Utah will outrebound SA tonight. SA is ranked 4th in the NBA in defensive rebounds per game.

I just don't see Utah magically turning everything around in one night against the best team in the NBA and best road team. Refs are 47-55 ATS for home teams. I am very, very confident SA is the correct play.
    Check out my three questions. 1st question was about Utah fouling way too much. Nothing changed tonight. Second question was about the rebounding. SA outrebounded Utah. 3rd question was about Utah's FG defense. SA shoots 51% tonight. Glad you listened to me Fly and hedged out.
    Points Awarded:

NetBet gave sweetjones55 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fly fisher
    Update your status
    fly fisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3610

Check out my three questions. 1st question was about Utah fouling way too much. Nothing changed tonight. Second question was about the rebounding. SA outrebounded Utah. 3rd question was about Utah's FG defense. SA shoots 51% tonight. Glad you listened to me Fly and hedged out.
    Excellent Job SJ. Yes you were right on. Jazz gave me some hope, but as far as capping the game, you were excellent in your analysis. Everything as you posted pretty much went that way.

Keep up what you are doing and thanks for the picks. Fly

Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sweetjones we had it from the start last night..cash it!!! 2k on th spread and another 1500 late on the ml...great win

fly fisher
    Update your status
    fly fisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3610

unfortunatley I wasn't able to hedge out of my utah bet, but i did win a 2nd half parlay taking NM-4, BYU -4.5, and Jazz -1.5 for a half unit so covered my losses that way. Whew.

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I like it dude on the Spurs as well. Good Luck to All

NetBet
    NetBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sweetjones.. You Are The Man!!!!!!!!!

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Great call on the SA game. I stayed away as Utah is usually pretty hard to play at home but great calls and reasoning for making SA the play.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Great job SJ! Tossed ya some points!!

stefank
    stefank's Avatar Become A Pro!

UTA was close. But Spurs made their game. I also went on the over last night, pretty open game. Good call SJ.

First 123