bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavs solution??

Im not quite sure but shudnt the Cavs have Millions to spend since they dont have to pay the big cheque of Lebron. They also sold out the tickets before the season even began. Dont you guys think they'll pick someone up. I dont know who but they must do something or the NBA overall is going to lose a lot of money and ratings.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am wondering this as well. Maybe they are strategically holding out until next season to get a better position in the draft and also make some off season moves.

bonduforlife

I mean how could the GM just watch this and not wonder about his job also the owner. i think they are hoping for another Lebron next year

simran10
    simran10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course they are holding on for next season and giving their young ones a chance to play and gain experience...
    Anyway, who will wanna trade for their players...
    Their only solution is to wait for the draft at the end of the season and hope another young stud ends up on their lap...

bonduforlife

They will have to waste at least 3 years before something prosperous could take place

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

• Antawn Jamison – $13.36 million
    • Mo Williams – $9.3 million
    • Anderson Varejao – $7.03 million

Anderson Varejao has five years remaining on his contract, Mo Williams has three years and Jamison has two seasons.
    Daniel Gibson also has three years and $13.2 million left on his contract.

They'd need to offload one or two of those players to have any room for a big FA signing

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

No the Cavs do not have millions. Unfortunately they are stuck with a few crappy contracts they got trying to keep Lebron happy only to see him bail. It'll be another year before they have some money to spend but it'll be tough to attract someone to come there anyway. Not even sure what their picks situation is looking like, i think they gave up some of theirs in those trades...to keep Lebron happy. But they'll be a lotto team for a few years so maybe they will get lucky.

And its the NBA, who exactly do you think they can "pick up". They picked up a few guys, 1 is undrafted rookie Manny Harris, another is an undrafted 2nd year player Alanzo Gee. Thats whats available out there. You want them to go pick up Iverson? And now their already weak roster got bombarded by injuries. Kind of what happened to the Nets last year. So these scrubs are getting big minutes and the results speak for themselves. They are lucky this didn't happen at the start of the year like with NJ.

No matter how hard Danny Ferry tried to avoid it, he was forced to build a win now team with no regard for the future at all. And the Cavs were damn good, but their star wasn't good enough or loyal enough so he bolted, GM was fired and the franchise was left in shambles. And some people actually find this funny. Ohh well.

I hear Cavs are trying to make some moves, do something. There are rumors that they are trying to get Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats. Not exactly a championship move but they are stuck in the mud right now. Not much they can do really, what takes an 1 hour ESPN special to destroy will take years to rebuild. Cant put all the blame on the Lebron though, Dan Gilbert is just as responsible for letting Lebron become the Diva that he is and being a little slave girl to his every desire.
    Last edited by demens; 01-15-11 at 11:56 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Well one thing is certain. They built the team around Lechoke and he shit on them. Now they are a screwed organization. It will take years for them to recover.

bonduforlife

If they are able to pick a Gerald Wallace and get a good center in the draft pick there lineup wouldnt be too bad for the start of next year.
    PG: Mo Williams
    SG: Gerald Wallace
    SF: Antwan Jaminson
    PF: Andereson Varejao
    C: draft pick (Blake griffinish...)

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

hickson is a good complimentary piece

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

ditto who cares...there is no "I" in team. and lefraud was the "I", so now cavs are nothing.. ditto. nothing new here.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They're after that 1st pick overall...too bad no second coming of Lebron for them.

kobefanatic

number 1 overall pick may not be a bad idea
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/perry-jones

bonduforlife

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    ditto who cares...there is no "I" in team. and lefraud was the "I", so now cavs are nothing.. ditto. nothing new here.
    Wait if Lebron was the "I" in the team and he left then isnt that a good thing for the cavs.

bonduforlife

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    number 1 overall pick may not be a bad idea
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/perry-jones
    Damn he aint bad

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bonduforlife View Post
    Wait if Lebron was the "I" in the team and he left then isnt that a good thing for the cavs.
    i think he meant no one in this cavs team wants to be the go to guy and take the responsibility

bonduforlife

i think he meant no one in this cavs team wants to be the go to guy and take the responsibility
    HAHA, so he meant that no one on the cavs is going to hide the mistakes of the players, coaches and the organization by playing stellar games. GOTCHA

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

they need to have open tryouts in the area and let some players join the team that have some heart. I'm sure some street ballers could come in and play a better game than the guys they have right now. Def couldn't do any worse.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Too bad for teams in situations like the Cavs that the NBA has THE most ****** up draft system in any sport.

The team with the worst record has a better chance to get the 4th pick then the 1st pick. That is just insane! I understand trying to protect the leagues integrity and stop teams from tanking. Its ok not to guarantee the worst team the 1st pick but you gotta give them better odds then what the system has now. If they are worried about integrity they should try to prevent bullshit like "the heatles", someone might wanna tell those retards that there were 4 members in the Beatles.

I can vouch as a fan who suffered through one of the worst seasons in history dreaming about John Wall only to end up with Derrick freaking useless sexual Favors. I think the kid is slow, i really do.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bonduforlife View Post
    HAHA, so he meant that no one on the cavs is going to hide the mistakes of the players, coaches and the organization by playing stellar games. GOTCHA
    to be the go to guy and take the responsibility of putting this team on his back

bonduforlife

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    they need to have open tryouts in the area and let some players join the team that have some heart. I'm sure some street ballers could come in and play a better game than the guys they have right now. Def couldn't do any worse.
    I think u got a good plan there, it could work.

kobefanatic

they should pick up rodney carney at least they get a slasher, better than having alonzo gee

bonduforlife

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Too bad for teams in situations like the Cavs that the NBA has THE most ****** up draft system in any sport.

The team with the worst record has a better chance to get the 4th pick then the 1st pick. That is just insane! I understand trying to protect the leagues integrity and stop teams from tanking. Its ok not to guarantee the worst team the 1st pick but you gotta give them better odds then what the system has now. If they are worried about integrity they should try to prevent bullshit like "the heatles", someone might wanna tell those retards that there were 4 members in the Beatles.

I can vouch as a fan who suffered through one of the worst seasons in history dreaming about John Wall only to end up with Derrick freaking useless sexual Favors. I think the kid is slow, i really do.
    I see what ur saying, the NBA needs to have teams so the fans have something to look forward to every year.

kobefanatic

use their cap exception they got from the heat and throw in a couple of picks for kaman, since he may become expendable from the clips with the emergence of DeAndre Jordan, a frontline of hickson and kaman is not bad

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

use their cap exception they got from the heat and throw in a couple of picks for kaman, since he may become expendable from the clips with the emergence of DeAndre Jordan, a frontline of hickson and kaman is not bad
    Now this is not a bad idea. They should be able to acquire Kaman for little money as well. Giving them a big man who can put up points. Still the draft has to be what they are focusing on most.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Now this is not a bad idea. They should be able to acquire Kaman for little money as well. Giving them a big man who can put up points. Still the draft has to be what they are focusing on most.
    they are waiting to get the number 1 on next year's draft, but since the exception they will get is going to expire anyways even if they don't use it, so it's better they use it on a good big man, so that after getting the draft pick they will have a solid team already, better than using it on iguodala, since the sixers might get ride of iguodala with turner with them now

FindTheLock

yeah, but bringing in kaman would only dissapoint me as a fan even more. Who's going to follow Kaman to ohio? that isn't the guy i want to build around. I am a Magic fan and I wouldn't mind picking up kaman for a bag of doritos and a 12 pack of natural ice, but I would be pissed if he was my best player.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I am wondering this as well. Maybe they are strategically holding out until next season to get a better position in the draft and also make some off season moves.
    It's this.

We are bad, true, but this is why it looks HORRIBLE.

The coach is disguising it, somewhat, with the various lineup changes. The injuries made it very easy to continue to be lottery pick material.
    Last edited by MadTiger; 01-16-11 at 01:02 AM.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    yeah, but bringing in kaman would only dissapoint me as a fan even more. Who's going to follow Kaman to ohio? that isn't the guy i want to build around. I am a Magic fan and I wouldn't mind picking up kaman for a bag of doritos and a 12 pack of natural ice, but I would be pissed if he was my best player.
    he's not going to be the number 1 player on that team, just another piece to compliment their draft pick next year, not building around the zombie

kobefanatic

sign adam morrison, joe alexander, rodney carney, high draft pick guys before that turn out to be busts or not given enough chance, try letting those guys play more minutes to see who has potential to be a regular contributor

FindTheLock

he's not going to be the number 1 player on that team, just another piece to compliment their draft pick next year, not building around the zombie
    you're right, better make it a 6 pack then.