isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horrible Loss

The Kings lost tonight to the Wizards. I can't imagine a worse loss for a team. Washington hasn't won in Sacramento since 1996. Washington was on a west coast B2B. Washington was missing their leader and one of the league's leading scorers in Gilbert Arenas. Their starting center was also out. Another one of their team leaders missed most of the second half after receiving a brutal cut on his head. Not only did Washington win, they won by 13. The Kings played truly lifeless basketball in front of their home crowd. I can't understand it. This game had EVERY factor pointing to them and they need all the wins they can get at this point. I have to question their heart after a performance like this.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like WAS stepped it up. In the first game without a star player (Arenas) a team often makes an extra effort, while the opponent relaxes. Doesn't help that WAS is also in the playoff hunt.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-29-06 at 12:33 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I stayed away cause was worried, they played so bad against
    the Warriors.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like the end of the Artest Bounce.

Now they'll either have to dig in or pack it in.

They are somewhat unique in that they were only going 8 or even 7 deep in January and February, which is very rare, and is obviously catching up with them.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have watched a few of their latest games and they do look worn out. They went balls to the wall vs Utah and then came home in a b2b situation and got stomped and they don't seem to have recovered.