CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs @ Timberwolves 1/11/11

Timberwolves have played the Spurs closely in all 3 of their meetings this season.

Will Beasley play tonight? Are the Wolves a good play at +6.5 at home? Also thinking of including them in a 5-point teaser...what are the chances they lose by more than 11 after all the close games they've played so far this year, especially at home? Just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts were on this game before I pulled the trigger on the play.

Game 1: Wednesday, November 24th
    Spurs 113 Final (OT)
    Timberwolves 109

Game 2: Friday, December 3rd
    Timberwolves 101 Final
    Spurs 107

Game 3: Sunday, January 9th
    Timberwolves 91 Final
    Spurs 94

CheeseHead

Not one comment on this, really? Line has moved down to +6 now.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I dont like the line. Like you said 3 close games why asshole bookie make Spurs -6.5 favs? They have been one of the better road team, su and ats but lost form in the last trip. Spurs can easily win this by 7 or more but i dont like road favs by that many points.

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree its to close. Minn can hang in there, but the can also implode like their recent games. Popovich respects the Wolves and they play well, but its too close to take Minn to cover if they play like they have rececntly and to high to hope Spurs win by more than they have to date on the road.

BTW what is with the over, seems to be a hot pick but I am a little baffled by why.

CheeseHead

Minnesota's last 6 losses (most recent first): by 3, 10, 3, 3, 6, and 5 points

I'm thinking of teasing the Badgers +9 (college bball tonight against Mich State) and Timberwolves +11, seems like a pretty safe bet. I'd like to know if Beasley was playing tonight, but I don't really see the Wolves getting blown out at home. Was looking for some encouragement here on the Wolves but doesn't look like anyone likes them so far. They just seem to play the Spurs close and I wouldn't really say that Minnesota has "imploded" in their recent games..For as bad of a record they have, those are pretty close losses.

Last time the Spurs came into Minnesota they needed OT to win, granted that was all the way back in the end of November..

But everyone thinks this is a bad play? What about the teaser?

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Hello. I believe Beasley was out completely during one of their earlier games this season with an ankle injury and 2 days ago Beasley only played 11 minutes or something and Minn still kept it close. I'd jump on the Minn train, but don't bet too much, they're still a bad team. gl!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Stats show that + 11 for timberwolves against the spurs would be a safe teaser bet...just be careful cause Spurs still have a dominate team that can blow them out and end these close games vs. the Timberwolves. Just my opinion.