MrUniverse
    MrUniverse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pumpin Iron and Pimpin Picks

Yo dudes, just heard about the web-site while crushing out some sets at the gym and figured I would give this place a shot. NBA is where I make the majority of my money. I take the discipline I have used in the gym to get freaking yoked and I took it to sports gambling. I wouldnt say I am THE BEST at picking winners, but I would say that I am in the top 3 or 4 percent. I dont know how these forums normally work, but I am hoping you guys are not a bunch of book worms and like talking about hoops, jacking up steel, and slammin chicks. That is kind of what I do. So, to all the little girly boys and the monsters of muscle, throw on your tightest fittin T because it is showtime in here. Im waiting for all the lines to come out.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

WTF!!!

Terminator just decided to go tout....

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I love this place

scarface2738
    scarface2738's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL

MrUniverse

Thanks for coming in my thread guys. No, I am not the terminator. My guess is that you are comparing me more to Arnold than the actual character. To be honest, his triceps are not as big as mine, nor are his delts. The boys and I were yucking it up actually a couple days ago about Arnold and how he was pretty built, but on steroids anyone can get that big. I do mine clean. Its just hard work all day long. Im going to run by the tanning salon to bronze up a little bit. I have a couple leans so far and they are listed below. I will give you a full write-up on my actual play, but I want to see how the linemakers react to some heavy early action in a couple of spots. Get jacked!

Leans:
    San Antonio Spurs & Minnesota Timberwolves Over 206.5
    Washington Wizards -6.5
    Milwaukee Bucks & Atlanta Hawks Under 184

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Love this thread already! The clean hard way is the way to go

MrUniverse

No doubt Solid, that is how I live my life. I get some jealous looks from time to time, but when I crawl in bed with a beautiful bunny that loves rubbing on my massive chest, I dont think twice about it. So the tan went great, Ive got a perfect bronze working right now and Im feeling pretty good. Pounded down a protein shake and then grabbed a double cheeseburger. Sometimes, I eat unhealthy as a motivator to get myself back in the gym. Really, what is the problem with tossing down 500 calories if I am going to burn off 1500 in a bit?

Anyways, on to the basketball discussion.

I really loved the Over in Minnesota when the line came out. These two teams played a very uptempo game the last time they met, but poor shooting left the game around the 180 mark. Now, two days later the total comes out over 20 points higher? I think the oddsmakers were thinking what I was. They saw that Minnesota got up 96 FGA and just really struggled to get the ball in the hole. At home, they are a completely different animal, ranking #1 in possessions per game and rank 3rd in PPG @ home with 106.9. Also, the Spurs are the third highest scoring team on the road and 9th in the league in terms of possessions in road games. This one is clearly setting up to be a high-paced game. The only problem is that the public is simply loving it. 80% on the Over on one site, and 72% on another. Yet, the line is holding strong in most instances and has even dropped by a point at some houses. Ill be interested to see where the line movement takes this one as the sharper players hit it late, but this does have the making of a game that should blow over the posted total. Sometimes, when all the stats are pointing in one direction and the public is on the same side....that spells for disaster.

Going to do some more research and hit the home gym in the garage for a bit. I have decided against continuing to look at the Milwaukee Under. I never like when the public decides to back a total under 190. Things just seem to get a bit convoluted around that spot.

Normally, I am not so interested in what the public is playing. Yes, I watch it, but for the most part, I think the whole RLM is a crock of shit. Too many people that bet games use this as a crutch to help give them a reason to look smart. There are constantly nights in which the public wins. To try and chase sharp money will often leave you burnt. Much like falling asleep in a tanning bed. Today is a different instance. The sharps were murdered last night in NCAAF and I wouldnt be surprised to see them hit in the NBA tonight as a bit of a gift from the oddsmakers.

Up to Date Leans:
    Denver Nuggets -4.5
    San Antonio Spurs & Minnesota Timberwolves Over 206
    Washington Wizards -6.5

MrUniverse

Boom! Pumped out a couple double-sets real quick and Im feeling good. Flexed in front of the mirror for a little bit until I started to blush. Sometimes I hate being this ripped, but Im sure you other muscle-maniacs know what Im talking about. I hate when you can feel everyones eyes on you when you walk in the room. Especially when the ladies starting staring and their men get mad. Its not my fault buddy. Instead of eating the last snack before you get in bed, try ripping out 100 push-ups instead. Daaaaaaammmmmnnnnn.

Scratching the Nuggets off of my leans tonight as well. Normally, I would love to fade the Suns against versatile big-men that can cause trouble for their pick and roll. Especially with the Suns missing Grant Hill tonight, I do not think they will be able to defend the Nuggets at all. Since the trade, the Suns have had a terrible time with both protecting the glass and rotating on defense. Hill is the backbone of this team on the defensive end and normally does a decent job in contesting Melo. However, with the Nuggets in complete disarray and quitting on their coach, I am going to have to pass on this one. Way to many question marks in terms of injuries for the Nuggets to take them in this spot. The Over might actually be where I end up looking to put my money on this one. The Nuggets could care less about playing defense right now and the Suns simply cant. My concerns with that play are a gimpy Dragic for the Suns. If he is unable to push the pace, we might see a bit of a slower game like the Suns have had as late. Especially in the altitude of Denver, I dont know if the tempo will be high enough to keep us from needing a 55% type of shooting game to get to the number. Too many questions marks in this game for me to make a play afterall. You can consider this one crossed off my card.

Remaining Leans:
    Washington Wizards -6.5
    San Antonio Spurs & Minnesota Timberwolves Over 206

I hope this doesnt end up being a day in which I disqualify all my plays and have nothing for you meaty-monsters to work with. But I like to put it like this. Greatness cannot be forced. Look at all those fat sloppy pieces of garbage that get surgery because they dont have the patience to put in the needed grind-time at the gym? They end up looking pregnant in their Ed Hardy shirts in two months whereas I am only bulging in the right places.

MrUniverse

Plays rated 1-10 biceps curls.

3 Biceps Curls on San Antonio Spurs & Minnesota Timberwolves Over 205.5

It looks like the public has begun to heat up on this under. Ive now seen two sites that are reporting this as 50/50 action. For more information on why I am playing this game, please scroll up and read the post that I discuss this in. Basically, San Antonio is the most efficient offense in the league, and they rank #5 in terms of doing it on the road. With the high paced game that I expect coming off of the last time these two teams met a couple days ago, I would imagine we see this number get blown past.

austin27332
    austin27332's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you think in the portland knicks game mr Universe. ANd do you think Kobe and gang will cover the 15 point spread this evening?

MrUniverse

3 Biceps Curls on Washington Wizards -6

Nice little revenge spot here for the Wizards and John Wall against his former teammate in Cousins. Wall didnt play the first time these two went at it, and the Wizards lost by 25 points. Washington is actually 9-8 ATS at home, and they have been competing much harder on the defense end of the court. Without Evans, I think Wall is going to give Udrih a tough time in getting the offensive sets going. Sacramento tends to struggle when they do not walk right into sets coming up the court. I think the pressure that the Wizards like to use as the ball crosses half-court will really give them fits and eventually end up in plenty of turnovers and contested shots. Wizards certainly are not the prettiest bell at the ball, but tonight should be a good spot for an easy cover.

MrUniverse

Quote Originally Posted by austin27332 View Post
    what do you think in the portland knicks game mr Universe. ANd do you think Kobe and gang will cover the 15 point spread this evening?
    Tough spot for the Knicks in my opinion tonight. They are a tough one ahead of them tomorrow night in Utah and without Roy, the Blazers might not be getting their full attention. As is with most of Mike D'antoni's teams, the Knicks success depends strictly on their ability to force Portland to play their style of game. I dont know if they will be able to sucker a veteran like Andre Miller into doing that. Instead, I think we see a walk-it-up type of game where Portland tries to take advantage of several key mismatches on their side of the ball. With Miller out-sizing Felton by so much, I would imagine that we see him take the smaller guard to the post quite a bit tonight. In doing so, they will help to neutralize Felton's ability to get out on the break and force the Knicks into running more of their half-court sets. The Knicks will rely heavily on the pick and roll or just giving the ball to Amare in the high post. As you saw last year in the Suns first round series with the Blazers, Portland actually gives Amare a tough time with their athletes on the front-line. I also imagine that the Balzers will be able to control the boards and hold a mediocre shooting Knicks team into quite a few contested jumpers. I see this being a tough game/road trip for the Knicks and I would have to favor Portland in tonight's match-up.

The Lakers are a very difficult team to understand right now. They have recently showed spurts of interest, but then they slowly fade away and let teams get back into games. I think that the majority of this is because Kobe was not practicing. The triangle became very poor and guys were not rotating appropriately on the defensive end. With him back and practicing, I would think that we continue to see them improve on both sides of the ball. The Lakers will also have a HUGE advantage on the inside with so many of the Cavs hurt right now. The Lakers are not too far removed from the SU loss to the Cavs, and I think they come out and are extremely efficient on the offensive side of the ball tonight. Im thinking 30-something in the first period. The Cavs do not have the firepower to keep up, and I think that if we get into some garbage time, the Lakers are much better in that area as well. I think we see a 15 point game at halftime and it ends up being the Lakers bench that pulls away in the 4th to win by 20+. This was a play that I actually liked quite a bit, but I have had a rough stretch with the Lakers the last month or two.

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

This is my new favorite thread.

MrUniverse

Thanks for the kind words Raynor. I hope you have a very profitable night. If anyone else is looking at a game and wants to toss around ideas, I am always willing to shoot out my thoughts. Obviously, the best handicappers miss 40% of the time, but sometimes just getting thoughts can help people realize what they would like to do.

Im going to pound out 500 sit-ups and go drink a protein shake. Heading out to watch the game tonight. Got my rhinestone jeans and my super-tight smedium shirt. I dont know who I should be more worried about, the bookies or the ladies! Im looking JACKED!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Is this TT's retarded cousin?

MrUniverse

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Is this TT's retarded cousin?
    Far from actually Mr. Sniper. I was actually recently contacted by the US military to be one of 15 contestants to go through their "Clone Testing." I cannot speak much on it, because this is Grade-1 Top Secret. They went all over the United States in search of the "perfect human." I was selected as one of the possible candidates, and they are flying me out to Washington to see if I have what it takes. You need to be classified as a genius (which I am) and be built like a truck (which I am). So before you come in here and start calling me names, I would like you to know that I am probably better in every part of life than you. Speak carefully, or I shall reign internet terror on you. Thanks, you have been warned.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by MrUniverse View Post
    So before you come in here and start calling me names, I would like you to know that I am probably better in every part of life than you. Speak carefully, or I shall reign internet terror on you. Thanks, you have been warned.
    Never called you names... just inquired about your possible relation to another SBR poster.
    Considering you have been selected for the Grade-1 top secret perfect human position down there in Washington I have absolutely no doubt that you are better in every part of life.
    What do I need to do to ensure I experience "internet terror"?

MrUniverse

Just keep messing with me. I have tried to become a valuable member of the forum, but you are obviously very jealous of me. Yes, I bench press more than your car weighs. Yes, I am super good looking and have a flock of women that follow me around in case I feel the urge to get my stones off. I understand that with your fancy 2,033 posts that you might feel quite special yourself. Thats good, I am all about watching other people prosper as well. The problem is, you are probably sitting in your mom's basement waiting for her to finish up dinner and you find it threatening that I am so awesome. I bet you sit up at night wishing to have a beautiful body like me. I bet you wish that you had gorgeous locks of blonde hair that flowed over your chiseled shoulders like me. Too bad that you are not me, because you would have better things to do than come mess with me.

ravitri2k
    ravitri2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome thread brah...tailing you.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

wow great I mean GREAT posts - with you on the Wizards
    I can tell from reading your posts that we think alike
    in the deduction process. So refreshing to see someone who has been around the block
    for years before posting on this site. Can't say I trust the over in Wolves against
    the Spurs defense, though..

nice retro DOS font for emphasis

MrUniverse

Thanks fellas, I hope you guys make some nice money tonight. I look forward to working with both of you in the future. Snowball, I will be looking out for your posts.

MrUniverse

Well everyone, it is time for me to go hit the bars to watch tonights game. Obviously, I am going to pound out a couple hundred push-ups so that the hostess gets all hot and bothered when I walk in the building. Going to rock the full pony-tail tonight. Got to switch it up to keep them ladies guessing. Three squirts of Drakar for me, one for each of the broads I am bringing home. This site is totally rad, thanks for letting me hang with you guys. San Antonio Over & Wiz tonight for me.

MrUniverse

0-2 (-6.6)

Not a good day at all last night for MrUniverse. Took two of the worst beats that I have in a long while (39 points in 4th & Washington melting down TWICE from 15 point leads). Also, I ripped one of my sickest Affliction shirts when I was punching the wall. Never thought I would go right through it, and my shirt caught on a nail. Told about 5 dimes that I wasnt ready for them to come home with me because I wanted to go lift off the frustration of the bad night. Going to go run a half marathon this morning to get ready to cap some games.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

jay cutler

ravitri2k
    ravitri2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tailed you yesterday brah...no problems. Your analysis is good...so will keep tailing. Lets do this

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Love your thread bro. You pick things up and you put them down.

MrUniverse

I appreciate the kind words fellas. To be honest, I look at yesterday as just a bad day at the gym. Sometimes I go in there with the perfect plan, but there are too many fatasses on the equiptment and I cant rip through as many ultra-sets as I want. Shit happens though, I dont feel like I was far off on any of my predictions, just need to get a couple more breaks to bounce my way.

Tossed the hair back in a tight pony and ripped up the streets today. I ran past some broad and she almost tripped on the curb trying to get a good look at my massive thighs as the pounded the pavement. Part of me thought she was going to try and sit down and see if the vibration of pure power was enough to get her rocking and rolling.

Todays play:

5 Biceps Curls on Utah Jazz -6

Season Record: (0-2) -6.6

Mike D'Antoni has never liked to play his bench, and it has cost him big time in the past in spots like this. For years, I watched as he ran his guys 40+ minutes on a B2B front-end before taking them up in the altitude. He would normally watch his team start the second game pretty well and then completely flame out in the 2nd half. I think we are in for another one of those tonight. Yes, the Knicks are 13-2 ATS on the road in their L15. Yes, they are 6-2 ATS on 0 days rest.

All of these factors contribute to why I think that the Jazz are such a good play tonight. Anytime you see the public fading the Jazz @ home, you need to pay attention. In this spot last season (faded by public at home as favorites) they went 9-0 ATS. Yes, the team has changed, but the game really hasnt. Deron Williams plays very well in up tempo games, and the cast of characters around him is finally getting healthy. The are big, long, and athletic on the front-line, just what I like to see against a Knicks team.

The Knicks shot the piss out of the ball last night, and I am yet to believe they are a top tier shooting team on the road. The Jazz are 0-3 ATS with 3+ days rest. Sloan is too good of a coach not to do something about this, and I would imagine he practiced his FINALLY healthy team quite hard in preperation for this game. They have had their eye on the Knicks for about a week now, and are coming off an embarrassing SU loss to the Hawks in their last home game. I expect a fully rocking building to explode tonight while the Jazz push the pace against a Knicks team that played their entire Starting 5 over 35 minutes last night. 3rd game in 4 nights for the Knicks on the last game of a 4 game trip.

Toss in the flu that Chandler is dealing with and I think we have a nice opportunity to watch the Jazz blow the doors off a Knicks team that would be happy going 2-2 on this tough west coast trip.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL

gl im on jazz as well and will be ripping my delts apart shortly

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Best Thread of all time!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like the hawks -3.5

themoneyshot978
    themoneyshot978's Avatar Become A Pro!

what are your thoughts on the atl/tor game, i believe atl is -4.5 right now

MrUniverse

Nice Lols, it is nice to see another member of the board likes to get freaking JACKED! I appreciate the kind words as well.

Mr Moneyshot, I typically would be all over Toronto in this spot. The line seems a couple points too wide and Atlanta is playing uncharacteristically well on the road this year. I think the public perception of them is a bit off from the actual team they are. That being said, Atlanta does have a very active group of bigs that are not afriad to go on the outside and help neautralize the Raptors biggest threats. Square plays have been killing this year with road-chalk, but this is not exactly a surprise considering last season the road chalk won 54% of the time.

This is where I have been getting myself in trouble this year. Historically, I really havent had much of a problem posting 1-3 plays per day and ending up the season around 60%. After doing an in-depth study on the spots that were hitting last year, I tried to make some adjustments. Instead of just sitting around waiting for the sharp spots, I tried to begin hitting square ones as well. Well, when it comes do to it, about 70% of underdog plays are on the sharp side with RLM. That is much of the reason that I find this league to be frustrating this year. The public hammers favorites everyday, and the books try to react by attracting more sharp money through reversing the line movement and providing "spots" for these players to hit.

I will get into this more, but I am starting to believe the best way to bet the NBA is to bet 5 or 6 games per night and bet on the obvious "square" plays. With the NBA getting raped so bad last year by sharp players, I think they are actually giving out better lines on favorites to make plays even sharper to the naked eye. For instance, this line should be the Hawks -3/4 historically. This year, we are getting about 2 extra points to make that side more tempting. While they will never get 50/50 action on these sort of games, they will get closer to 50/50 money because the professionals are recognizing value. Once every 5 years or so, linesmakers make an adjustment on how they want the public to perceive their lines. With the NBA becoming more popular across the country because of their young stars, I believe this year is the first of how it will play for a couple seasons. I expect road favorites to continue to clip along and win at a nice % for a while here.

MrUniverse

Another miserable break last night cost me a win and ended up with a push. Up 9, Amare hits a 3, and then Deron Williams turns it over on the inbounds pass. That games was a comfortable cover all night and I end up with a push. I took my frustrations out my smashing a watermelon between my bare hands. Super pissed off because I ended up getting watermelons juice all over my new blinger-shirt and my awesome cowboy boots. Not cool at all, Im starting to wonder if this place is cursed. Thats 3 bets and 3 awful beats here.

0-2-1
    (-6.6)

Tonight there are only 3 games, so I will be sharing my thoughts on all of them as the day goes on. Dan Patrick is finally back, so I am going to listen to him this morning while I work-out. Thank god things are going so well with my monster biceps in real life, because I cant do any curls here on the site!

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The real life biceps are the one that matters and got a good workout on mine! Besides its just 3 bets...

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL

abs are built in the kitchen

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

LMAO this by far is the most entertaining post around.........I always stop by after doing my PX-90-R-2-D-2-BR549.....oh and after ripping apart a few phone books.......G2G....time to get my "swole on"

123 Last