MrUniverse
    MrUniverse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see there are a bunch of Muscle Monsters around the forum. I just got done picking up and putting down my neighbors Hyundai a couple times. The guy is such an asshole. I told him I would fix the car if anything happened to it, and I simply dont have enough weights around here to do the calf raises I wanted. Its not like I am picking up his little rice-burner and putting it over my head. I only pick the thing up a couple feet so that I can do some calf work-outs. Thats the problem with these people these days. Everyone gets so intimidated by someone like me. My neighbor looks out of his window and sees my beautiful long golden locks, my massive shoulders, and my fancy clothes and automatically gets defensive. You know, for a couple bucks, I would be happy to personally train him in both the physical and social realms but he doesnt get it. I could be his biggest asset, yet he wants to be a tough guy.

Todays Games:

Washington/Minnesota: Lots of love around the forums for this Minnesota team today. Washington being 0-18 SU on the road this year is going to be a major problem for them in terms of gaining any sort of action from the public in a spot like this. So of course, we have a Minnesota team coming out with a spread of -4 and the thing just isnt ******* budging. Id love to get into the x's and o's of this game, but I really cant. To be honest, I have no idea about any of these teams when it comes to what they are going to try to do on either end of the court.

The Wizards really have no identity, and they are a bunch of young streaky shooters that can get themselves into a game and our of it in a matter of minutes. Look at the last outing they had, the won two quarters by 10 points and then lost two quarters by 10 points. This team is exactly what I thought they would be coming into the season. A complete mess led by a complete jackass. They like to shoot the ball from the perimeter and they are always looking to make a flashy play. They very well could come out and score 115 tonight, or they could come out and score 85.

To try and really predict the outcome of this game would be foolish. What we can tell is that they are happy with running the ball. And to be honest, Flip isnt going to try and stop them. Flip understands that his job security in this position is 100% dependant on how John Wall feels about him. Washington's owner is scared shitless to fire a coach and anger his best player. We saw this with the mess that is the Washington Capitial this year. Anyways, long story short is this. The Timberwolves love to run the ball at home, and the Wizards just won a game in a shoot-out. I think the mediocre defense from the Wizards will allow plenty of good looks for the Timberwolves tonight. Can the Wizards keep up? I dont know. They are either going to shoot extremely well, or extremely awful.
    Lean: Minnesota Timberwolves Over 106 TT

Tonights Plays:

3 Bicpes Curls on Oklahoma City Thunder & Orlando Magic Under 203

Both teams played pretty grueling games last night and that can normally result in the games going two different ways. Either, A) nobody gives a shit about defense or B) the pace of the game is completely zapped out. I think we are going to get option B tonight. If you look at both teams over the course of the year, it is a pretty good indication on what we can expect tonight.

Orlando has played 10 games this season on a B2B, the Under has hit 5 of those times. That is only 50% of the time obviously, but that is not what I think will be most important in determining how this game will be played out. The key to me is their last B2B outing. They tried to run with the Mavericks and ended up getting smoked. I think that SVG realizes that his team is not very good on the defensive end on a B2B when they are trying to run.

What he needs to do is slow down the tempo and utilize Dwight Howard's size on the inside. Since losing Gortat, they are having a really hard time trying to find someone to spell Howard on the defensive end. With Howard playing a lot of minutes last night, I think that Van Gundy tries to get the most that he can out of his big-man by slowing up the game. Otherwise, he is going to gas-out his big man.

OKC has had 7 B2B games this year. The first two went over the posted total and they have gone under the last 5 times. OKC doesnt mind walking into sets, and I think we see that out of them tonight. With them playing a long and grueling up-tempo game last night, I think we see them fall into the Magic's plan of slowing down the game. With two teams not looking to push the pace, I imagine we see a slower type of game tonight with both teams shooting rather poorly on tired legs.

3 Biceps Curls on Denver Nuggets +2

Why? Well there are plenty of reasons that I am going to play this one, but I will try to limit this to only a couple hundred words.

First, I love the mismatch that the Nuggets have on the inside. The Heat can be beat up in there. Big Z and Joel Anthony are getting the majority of the minutes for this team, but they are going to have to stretch a little bit deeper tonight on the back side of a B2B. This means Dampier might get involved, and that is ugly for everyone. Nene, Kenyon, and Sheldon Williams are all pretty athletic and all of them will play this Heat front-line very physically. This is a problem for the Heat IMO. I like the Nuggets to get plenty of second-chances in the paint with a very immobile front-line of the Heat that may not have the help of Lebron on the boards. If they do have to go without Lebron, I would imagine that Wade and co. will be forced to help much more on the boards, and in turn they will not be able to get out on the break and take advantage of the poor transision defense the Nuggets have shown over the last couple years.

Secondly, this one matters for the Nuggets. I know this team has been a complete mess all season long with trade rumors circling them like hot chicks do to me at the gym, but it is time to put those worries to the side. Similarly to how I blow off the bitches to rock some monster sets when I see another jacked up dude in the gym, I expect the Nuggets to be all business tonight. When they are playing well with their heads in the game, there are few teams that have the type of fire-power the Nuggets do. They score from all 5 positions on the floor, and should be able to ONCE again take advantage of the interior advantage in both size and speed. As the Heat are forced to double-down to avoid this interior gang-raping, I would bet we see the strong perimeter shooting of the Nuggets to show up large.

Thirdly, JR Smith. JR looks like he is finally finding his game. When the benches are in play, one strong scorer like this can be the difference. Nobody coming off the Heat bench (other than Eddie House) can even come close to putting up the type of points that Smith is capable of. JR Smith goes for 15+ tonight. He is doing a great job in not forcing outside shots, and I imagine that he will continue that sort of performance tonight. These two starting line-ups are going to be able to keep this game close. It is going to be somebody on the bench that will be the difference. With one of the most electrifying scorers in the league finally getting into a groove, I think this is his stage to shine.

Lastly, public perception. Do you have any idea how many people have made boatloads of money off the Miami Heat winning as short favorites on the road this year? After costing those same people money last night, you can already see all of them lining up at the window to double-down tonight. Why wouldnt they? The Heat are loaded and they have been playing some of their best basketball as they get comfortable with each other. Well, are they really going to be all that comfortable with Bron nursing a bad ankle and not even playing possibly? I dont think so. I think we are going to watch a team without a facilitator, as that has become Lebron's main job now. I see a lot of bad possessions tonight and I dont know how well the Heat will be able to rotate back in terms of defense.

MrUniverse

0-2-1

(-6.6)

ravitri2k
    ravitri2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome breakdowns brah...lets dominate tonight

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Great write-ups dude. Judging by the analysis you should probably turn out to be very good at Over/Under and I'm sure you will. Best of luck !!!

I'm on the HEAT TT U103

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

best of luck. Really nice write ups

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great thread man, there are only a few threads that I just can't stop reading and this is one of them. Great analysis as well on your plays!

Spartan14745

Hopefully the haters of SBR won't ruin this thread like they've done to other solid cappers'.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

heinekens and jager bombs

MrUniverse

Thank you fellas, I appreciate the nice words. Sometimes it is hard to make time from my busy schedule of trying to become the worlds "perfect human" to write all of this stuff. If you guys are enjoying it, I will continue to post my thoughts. Unfortunately, it has not been a good start, and that has hurt my credibility a bit. I promise though, if you could get a look at my massive arms, you will understand that I WILL NOT stop until I reach perfection. Have a great evening, and lets make some $$$!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

You're kidding right?!? 0-2-1 is worth tailing?!? I really HATE that we've got something in common (AU fans)! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan14745 View Post
    Great thread man, there are only a few threads that I just can't stop reading and this is one of them. Great analysis as well on your plays!

Spartan14745

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    You're kidding right?!? 0-2-1 is worth tailing?!? I really HATE that we've got something in common (AU fans)! LOL
    When the hell did I EVER say that I was "tailing"??? All I said was that I can't stop reading this thread, I never said I was throwing down on his plays or I was "following" his picks.

Whether you're a fellow AU fan or not, read post #42 in this thread, IT RELATES TO GUYS LIKE YOU!!

MrUniverse

While I understand that my record is far from perfect (unlike my body, brain, personality, and pimp game), I would like to say that I was in position to win all 3 of these games but got some really bad breaks. The Wiz blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead, the Spurs and Wolves scored only 39 points to fall 2 points short, and Amare's gift 3 made me push. I could easily be 3-0. Sometimes the breaks just do not go your way. This is not my first rodeo, so I will not go running off crying into the darkness. Instead, I will stand on top of the building and swat away the little attempts to deminish my genius like King Kong did. However, this movie ends different. This one ends with me jumping down, ripping off 500 push-ups and then taking your girl. War Eagle!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by MrUniverse View Post
    Thanks for coming in my thread guys. No, I am not the terminator. My guess is that you are comparing me more to Arnold than the actual character. To be honest, his triceps are not as big as mine, nor are his delts. The boys and I were yucking it up actually a couple days ago about Arnold and how he was pretty built, but on steroids anyone can get that big. I do mine clean. Its just hard work all day long. Im going to run by the tanning salon to bronze up a little bit. I have a couple leans so far and they are listed below. I will give you a full write-up on my actual play, but I want to see how the linemakers react to some heavy early action in a couple of spots. Get jacked!

Leans:
    San Antonio Spurs & Minnesota Timberwolves Over 206.5
    Washington Wizards -6.5
    Milwaukee Bucks & Atlanta Hawks Under 184

"but with steroids anybody can get big" I can tell your a spongebob with this comment"

MrUniverse

I dont know what a spongebob is, but if that means I am awesome, yes I am a spongebob. I am the biggest spongebob you will ever meet.

Well last night was a tail of two stories. Nailed the Nuggets game and missed the total by damn near 50 points. I am going to take a nice long look at the card this morning and get some leans out there.

1-3-1 (-6.9)

Fridays normally present a nice opportunity to cash in some winners, lets get it!

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

today is leg day for me

MrUniverse

Nice Lols, I hope you tear up those plates. Final day of the week is where the strong survive. This is the day that separates us from the common lifter. When most people are out drinking at Happy Hour, I get my last big work-out of the week in. Once every month, I go pick up an old beater from the junk-yard and roll it down my street. The kids and their Mom's all come out and watch to cheer me on. It is an amazing core work-out. You just grab the car (obviously a small one) underneath the one side door and start flipping that bitch over. My record is 300 yards. Going to go for 500 yards today, I am feeling JACKED! I got this new self-tanner that is fantastic. I dont know if you guys like to use this stuff, but there is nothing to get you ready for a weekend like a nice bronze.

SolidDala
    SolidDala's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Awesome workout routine .. had some hardcore old fasion deadlifts happening in the gym today myself.

MrUniverse

There you go Solid, like to see another guy putting in some work. Ive taken a look at all of the games so far today, and now I am going to run out to GNC to pick up some powder. Then, off to the salon to get my hair high-lighted and trimmed. Big weekend for me. I am going to have the tribal tats on my arms finished up. I dont know why everyone got off the bard-wire look, but I am getting that done around my torso. Waiting to hear back the results from my first test with the government for "Perfect Human" training. They told me that if they chose to clone me, they would want me to grow my hair out as long as possible. Doesnt make much sense to me, maybe they just think my prefect head of blonde-power could be used to treat cancer or AIDS, I dont know.

Fridays Leans:
    Boston Celtics & Charlotte Bobcats Over 187.5 **THIS WILL BE A PLAY, JUST FIGURING OUT HOW BIG**
    Utah Jazz TT Over
    Philly 76ers -5
    Houston Rockets & New Orleans Hornets Over 197.5
    Indiana Pacers +1.5
    San Antonio Spurs -10
    Sacramento Kings & New York Knicks Over 218.5

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

what's your chest routine like? Better than your capping I hope

MrUniverse

Listen to this boy, if you have nothing nice to say then you should just keep your mouth shut. Yes, I am 1-3-1. Yes, it very well could be 4-1. Sometimes, people dont get the breaks. The fact that you feel you can make any sort of judgement on the ability I have to pick or not pick winners is pathetic. I have posted 5 plays. Now, I understand that while you sit in your cubicle feeling like starting stuff with the Master of Muscle is something that is going to get you on my map, you need to think again. Just because my thread is the biggest thing to hit this web-site since your girlfriend fell on the computer, dont think you can earn a name jumping on my back. So please, go back to where you came from. This is a serious thread for serious people. Child, you need to walk away before I ruin your life. Pronto. Im going to go get my hair done right and leave your little drama in the back.

pattymayo

HAHA relax dude I just wanted to see what kind of response you'd give. Man with that roid rage i'd hate to see you driving a car.

Seriously I love body building as well. I'm a small guy 5-8 about 155 but rock solid put up 225 benching twice yesterday.

Good luck to you sir, and props for an entertaining thread.

pattymayo

By the way I need some new tricep exercises, any suggestions?

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    HAHA relax dude I just wanted to see what kind of response you'd give. Man with that roid rage i'd hate to see you driving a car.

Seriously I love body building as well. I'm a small guy 5-8 about 155 but rock solid put up 225 benching twice yesterday.

Good luck to you sir, and props for an entertaining thread.
    5-8 is not small!

SolidDala

Like your PHI lean, have it booked at -5 earlier

MrUniverse

Im glad that you changed your attitude because I am not the type of guy that likes to crush the skulls of people smaller than me. Something about reaching down to grab their heads, before I make their temples meet each other, feels weird to me. I prefer to take out people that are bigger than me. It is much more of a challenge.

Lets move forward as an alliance. I will help you get your body to look like mine, and you can serve as the moderator of my thread. Good help is hard to find and I might need you to watch over this thing and serve as my second in command. This is a major honor and something you should embrace. For this purpose, I will call you Junior.

In terms of triceps, I dont do anything out of the ordinary. I am not the type of guy that tries to reinvent the wheel unless it is already broken. Most of my exotic workouts have to deal with me getting bored and wanting to do something creative. If it works, I stick with it. Anything that you are normally doing is probably good, just do it longer and harder with more weight.

I live out in the desert, and one thing that I have found that I like to do is throwing rocks. I go out and pick up a couple hundred pound boulder and just toss it for a couple miles. These are the type of things that make me the "perfect human" like I am trying do. I am not one who likes to get on the girly machines and play with all the cables. Its plates, bells, and bars for me. Thats how I keep it real, keep it real BIG!

ravitri2k

Everybody needs to chill...Universe is a good capper. His analysis and game breakdown are spot on.

MrUniverse

Quote Originally Posted by SolidDala View Post
    Like your PHI lean, have it booked at -5 earlier
    Nice Solid, I am glad to see you on the same side as me. I really like how they are playing under Doug Collins right now. Collins is known historically for the surges he makes in the second half with younger teams.

pattymayo

I feel honored

MrUniverse

Quote Originally Posted by ravitri2k View Post
    Everybody needs to chill...Universe is a good capper. His analysis and game breakdown are spot on.
    Thank you friend. I understand that I may have cost money to the patrons of this fine forum, but I will not rest until I have repaid that to them.

ravitri2k

Universe, are you a Maddox fan by any chance?

SolidDala

Quote Originally Posted by MrUniverse View Post
    I am not one who likes to get on the girly machines and play with all the cables. Its plates, bells, and bars for me. Thats how I keep it real, keep it real BIG!
    I like the sound of that, I only use bars and no machines. I currently stick with a full body routine, 3 days a week, heavy lifting heavy eating, the guys in the 50's knew their stuff

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6828

MU, like the Philly pick as well, WOW, is that really your arm in the Avatar?

MrUniverse

Mr btd, no that is not my arm. My arms do not have the definition that this guys do. While they are massive, with a ton of definition, my bicep does not look like a babies butt on the top. I will be there after I get the genetic enhancement drug that the government is going to supply all cloned individuals. They told me that I will be able to drop my body fat to dangerous low levels. In essence, I will become the "perfect human."

Solid, I stand by the same principals that you do. However, I am pounding it out 5 days per week. Like God, I rest on Sundays. Also, I take off Tuesday nights most of the time because that is ladies night up at the bar I like to frequent. If I am going to put in all this work to be gorgeous, I am going to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Mr Ravit, I am unaware of Maddox. Is he is Super-Power like me? If so, I would love to meet the man.

Ok dudes, I have got a couple things to do and then I am going to get my plays all locked in. See you in an hour or two.

Kaan
    Kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you feel about the lakers covering 13 points on the spread? Wise or not

MrUniverse

Extremely deflating loss for the Nets in Phoenix in their last outing. They were up by 15 with only 8 minutes to play and ended up losing in OT. Not exactly the kind of spot that you would want to back someone like the Nets. Especially considering it was their first game on a four-game trip. Not a good thing at all for a young team like the Nets. When you look at the teams that are giving the Lakers fits this season, they are the teams that have a quick-penetrating guard (like Harris) and superior shooting from the perimeter.

The Nets shot the shit out of the ball against the Suns with their guys off the bench. I believe that Vujabitch and Farmar went a combined 7-14 from three. This was a major reason that they were able to hang around in this game. On the surface, I think that we see the Lakers beat up the Nets with their interior presence, but I do not know if that is what we will actually see tonight.

The reason that I am not touching this game is because of multiple reasons. The Nets are an extremely inconsistent team, but they do have a lot of talent. If the Lakers are looking past the Nets to their big game on Sunday against the Clippers, this game could be much tighter than most expect. If the Nets are flat coming off their Suns loss, it could get out of hand very early and the Lakers might never look back.

There are two really weird situations going on in this game that I think cannot be overlooked. First, the return of Vujabitch and Farmar is going to be very emotional for everyone involved. These guys were a part of two championship runs, and their Laker buddies probably have a very deep affection for them. Do they want to embarasss these guys? I wouldnt say that dont want to per say, but I think there is a level of respect between Phil and them.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers got up 20 and took the foot off the gas around the middle of the 4th, leaving a backdoor cover. Also, the match-up of Humphries and Odom is very interesting. Odom is married to Khloe Kardashian and Humphries is dating Kim. Does it matter? I dont know. It shouldnt, but there might be some weird things going on in this match-up. When I look at the game, I lean on the Lakers. However, there is just too much possibly going on behind the scenes for me to lay the 14 points. The Nets bench played really well last time out against the Suns and if this gets to garbage time, I wouldnt put it past Sasha from banging down a couple 3s to lose the bet.

First 123 Last