imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One thing though. For all you haters that think I suck, know one thing
    I am set to make over $1,500 in bracket money! I have already made
    $500. So keep that in mind. I do suck right now though.

I won an elite 8 contest.

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I'm concerned about a trap when the public is all over one side, and the line doesn't move, or moves the other way. When the line moves, I don't really give it a second thought.
    Indeed!
    But img´s approach is to take the early line when it has value. Now the lines are not moving because of public (as in past), but because of sharp actions (that is not my opinion but opinion of some guy from Pinny). The market is oscilating around effectiveness. So in the long term (this suns are exception): when the line moves, taking oposing side can be always dangerous.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Nets are peaking right now. They look to be in a battle for home court with CLE (should they meet in the playoffs).

Suns have little to play for here. Their focus is on getting ready for the playoffs with Amare.

Suns are excellent on the road and they may run away with this, but the motivation arrow points at the Nets.
    Haven't looked at other factors yet, but obviously the motivation arrow points at the Suns in the next game. Nothing like a good old spanking to get the competitive juices flowing.

For the next few weeks I would expect the Suns to be up and down; like Amare. Right now they could ride their bikes much faster without him, but in order for him to catch up they have to wait. They can afford to do so until their playoff ranking gets in trouble (unlikely).

imgv94

DH,

shouldn't we stay away from the Suns?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

No, but I wouldn't rely too much on their past performances. Amare's return will have its ups and downs. If he was just a role player the transition would be easier. But he's not, so they are searching and trying to make the pieces fit.

D'Antoni is a very intuitive and trusting coach. Nash is the best floor general in the NBA. Suns don't need the W's right now, so cut them some slack, and they may come out of this phase stronger than ever.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

More on Amare:

Stiff knees frustrate Amaré
    Forward may sit out game tonight
    Paul Coro
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 28, 2006 12:00 AM
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The game's opening tip went up and Amaré Stoudemire did not.

It wasn't the knees that would not get loose Sunday or Monday that kept him from jumping. He just got caught off guard. But it was a foreboding sign of a night that was a step backward in his return.

Persistent stiffness in both knees has Stoudemire and head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson considering holding Stoudemire out of tonight's game at Milwaukee. Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said the staff will have to do some soul-searching before deciding any change in the starting lineup.

"They say you go through it anyway, but I don't want to feed into it," Stoudemire said. "I'm thinking it's supposed to be getting better and better each day, and it's not. It's just the opposite. We'll see how I feel.

"It's pretty tough on both knees right now. I really want to take my time and get back out there. It (the stiffness) is not a feeling that I want to feel."

After hitting 2 of 7 shots in his second game back Saturday, Stoudemire did not make any of his six shots in 14 scoreless minutes Monday. He had more fouls (three) than rebounds (two).

"It's going to be tough for him," D'Antoni said. "It's tough to get him back to where we need him. It's not easy. It's a long process."

Nelson said the Suns also could reduce Stoudemire's playing time, which has fallen shy of the 20- to 22-minute threshold in his past two games. He played 17 minutes Saturday and 14 Monday.

The problem is that Stoudemire does not get warm until it is time for him to come off the floor because of the medical staff's prescribed cap on his time.

He said he could not warm up his knees at Sunday's practice, Monday's shootaround or Monday's game warm-ups. In the game, he had little lift and barely bent his knees at times when he was walking.

He wore knee sleeves and rode a stationary bike while out of the game to no avail.

"We said from the beginning that there were going to be ups and downs, and this is going to be particularly bad because we're playing four games in five nights and we're traveling," Nelson said.

Nets guard Jason Kidd can relate in part to Stoudemire's battle, having gone through microfracture surgery, too. But Kidd is one of the procedure's biggest success stories, and he did not have the same sort of immediate struggles.

"When I came back, I felt great and was ready to go," Kidd said. "Everybody is different. Amaré is fighting to find that consistency. It is only his third game and he will get comfortable. I wish him the best of luck. I was in that same mode just playing 20 minutes. As much as you want to play more and get into a rhythm and help your teammates, it's hard because you don't want to rush back and reinjure anything that you waited for five or six months.

"The big thing for him is to keep working hard. He is going to be sore. In due time, he will be back to that same level."

If you didn't see the game. He wasn't getting off the ground. Nash threw him a alley hoop, but he just stood there watching it. lol
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-28-06 at 02:23 AM.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

One thing though. For all you haters that think I suck, know one thing

Losing a pick is not something isolated to a few bettors. Just don't bump 2-month-old threads of somebody else's losses and you should be in the clear. (This is not meant to be antagonistic; just a observation.)

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    Losing a pick is not something isolated to a few bettors. Just don't bump 2-month-old threads of somebody else's losses and you should be in the clear. (This is not meant to be antagonistic; just a observation.)
    that quote wasn't meant for u Winston.

First 12