LBDT168
    LBDT168's Avatar Become A Pro!

TNT Thursday

it is that time of the week boys! for our first match-up tonight, we have the Oklahoma City Thunders visiting the Dallas Mavericks.

it is no secret that the Mavs will be without their 2 best scorers tonight, and plus, the Thunders squad is out for revenge. Despite this, i am strongly leaning playing the Mavs tonight.

i see this game mostly as the Dallas defense and the OKC offense trying to outplay each other.

OKC's offense is nothing spectacular on the road. they are averaging 99.6 ppg when their opponents are surrendering 98.9 ppg. also, as seen in their recent outings against prolific defenses, OKC does not respond well to teams that play good defense. 60% of OKC's points will be away from the paint and with Dallas ranked 7th in shooting defense (opponent shooting %), OKC will not be as hot tonight. Not to mention OKC is ranked 29th in both 3pters made and 3pt %. i have OKC scoring around 93 tonight.

on to OKC's defense...haha. They give up on average 101.4 ppg when their opponents only average 99 ppg. they are ranked 23rd in opponent shooting %, which is in Dallas's advantage (67% of the Mavs' points are away from paint). Despite Dallas being last in the league in points in the paint, OKC lacks a legitimate big man in the middle. OKC is ranked 27th in opponent's points in the paint...

again, the Mavs' offense will be missing Dirk and Caron. Although their absence did hurt them in their first few games, the rest of the team are stepping up and filling in the gaps. Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Deshawn Stevenson have all seen increased minutes and are have the increased stats to show for it.

the Dallas offense is known to be better on the road and the stats agree with that. they only score 95.9 ppg when their opponents give up 98.4 ppg. However, i see their offense firing up better than average tonight against a subpar OKC defense. Dallas is ranked 5th in shooting %, so going against an OKC team that just can't seem to make defensive stops, the Mavs' shooting tonight should be solid. i have the Mavs scoring around 97 points tonight.

the Dallas defense is amongst the best in the league. they average surrendering only 91.9 ppg against opponents averaging 98.9 ppg. this will be the downfall of OKC tonight. Ranked 7th in opponents' shooting efficiency, the Thunders will have a hard time scoring against this tough Mavs defense.

There have been a lot of talk of how OKC will not lose 3 in a row. come on now, those were probably the ones that said Lakers will not lose 3 in a row...(the Lakers then went on to lose 4 in a row). the fact is that OKC have lost their last two road games. one can say that they may be even more motivated to win this one, but i can also say that they may just come into this game frustrated and down on morale.

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree. i like the fact that the mavs are underdogs. i think they get it done at home. waht u thinkin for the second game?

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

under

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    under
    i capped this game at 93-97 Dallas, so i am liking the under too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoMoney2785 View Post
    i agree. i like the fact that the mavs are underdogs. i think they get it done at home. waht u thinkin for the second game?
    the second game is tough. i like the nuggets to cover, but i don't like to bet them as a road fav. i like the under more...

arslan
    arslan's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC will get it done tonight, Mavs losing at least by 15 and Under 193.5

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by arslan View Post
    OKC will get it done tonight, Mavs losing at least by 15 and Under 193.5
    because OKC will not lose 3 in a row right? i get it.

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

OKC and Over

IllicitX
    IllicitX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Kevin Durant will be on fire tonight.

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    OKC and Over
    Quote Originally Posted by IllicitX View Post
    Kevin Durant will be on fire tonight.
    Man good point! OKC is the LOCK OF THE Millennium!!! YOU GUYS GOT THIS

yet i played an if-bet: OKC@DAL U193 & DAL +3 (1x)

young chad
    young chad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Played OKC 1st Q...

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

whats up with the camera angle?

young chad
    young chad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see why you guys say OKc sucks, they have no identity right now....where is the ball movement, they just toss it to someone at half court..then watch them run down the court, isolate and shoot...it's usually either Durant, Westbrook or Green..but I said Krystic ball hog too

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have the Thunder been up at halftime all year?

ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

That last basket hurt but OKC did well to stay so close. Only a 4 point game and Dallas shooting at 58%. OKC win this imo.