LBDT168
    LBDT168's Avatar Become A Pro!

Memphis Looks Good Tonight

Some stats and insight that may spark the interests of Memphis backers:

OKC is not a good road team. they are averaging 99.3 ppg on the road against opponents that give up on average 98.8 ppg. that is only a half point advantage that the OKC offense has on their opponents defense when playing away from home. They give up 100.9 ppg when their opponents score on average 98.9 ppg. this 2 point margin may be because of turnovers or fouls.

MEM is a decent home team and some may consider them a tough opponent to play against in the Fedex Forum. MEM averages 102.5 ppg at home against opponents that give up on average only 99.7 ppg. Their defense holds their opponents to an average of 98.7 ppg when their opponents are averaging 99.6 ppg. based on these numbers, the Memphis defense is fairly decent at home and i think they match-up well against the OKC offense.

Memphis leads the league in points in the paint (49.2), while OKC ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint (47.0). This is a significant advantage for Memphis.

They are neck-to-neck in fastbreak points ranked 5th and 6th with OKC leading. However, OKC only gets 13.5 fastbreak ppg, while MEM scores 17.5 fastbreak ppg. this is due to the away vs home team stats.

Memphis is ranked 17th in rpg and OKC ranked 19th. at home, MEM gets 46.7 rpg, while allowing 48.8 rpg. on the road, OKC gets 51.6 rpg, while allowing 51.3 rpg. these numbers are extremely close.

Both teams get 5.3 blocks per game (MEM home & OKC away).

Memphis leads the league in steals per game with 9.3 at home, but OKC is not far behind ranked 5th with 8.0 spg.

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

memphis on a b2b2b coming off to straight road games i took okc -2 earlier also okc like to step their game up after a big loss I expect durant to go to school on these boys line going towards memphis

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I'll add one. I like Memphis as a team but they have been very unreliable, i have been picking them in bad spots. It seems like everytime they get some momentum going and look like a legit playoff team, they come on a shit the bed. Well, thats not entirely true. They actually have a GREAT record coming off a big win. 5-1, 6-0 ATS after a win as an underdog this year.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by krazey47409 View Post
    memphis on a b2b2b coming off to straight road games i took okc -2 earlier also okc like to step their game up after a big loss I expect durant to go to school on these boys line going towards memphis

krazey47409

memphis gets thier ass whooped tonight hopefully lol that b2b2b= back to back to back game their playing no rest 3 straigh tgames

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Memphis getting points at home is good enough for me.

demens
    Square -910

memphis gets thier ass whooped tonight hopefully lol that b2b2b= back to back to back game their playing no rest 3 straigh tgames
    Really, i'm the only seeing this post? Come on people!

LBDT168

that is significant if it is regarding a relatively older team, but Memphis is a fairly young team and i do not see fatigue hitting them too much.

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Really, i'm the only seeing this post? Come on people!
    LOL! oh yea, and Memphis didnt play yesterday, krazey. so your b2b2b theory is kinda off man!

krazey47409

o yea my theory is fuking way da hell offf I thought today was the 3rd hopefully it still hits not a big play anyways but
    ill take durant -2 over memphis anyday

demens
    Square -910

Come on dude. It has nothing to do with whether Memphis played yesterday!!!!!

Does anyone know anything about the NBA around here, a ******* Back to Back TO BACK!!!!!!

THAT HAPPENED ONE TIME IN THE LAST 10 YEARS!

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

How bout this nugget for you.. This season after a team beat the lakers straight up every one of them covered the spread next time out(applies to memphis tonight).... There was one loss but it doesnt count because it came in a game where both teams previous wins were against the lakers

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Come on dude. It has nothing to do with whether Memphis played yesterday!!!!! Does anyone know anything about the NBA around here, a ******* Back to Back TO BACK!!!!!! THAT HAPPENED ONE TIME IN THE LAST 10 YEARS!
    are you sure man? doesn't sound too rare. but whatever. you're the genius and the NBA guru in these forums right? YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

krazey47409

yea lol thats why i was ready to throw the bank on okc i never seen a b2b2b

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by rochestertitans View Post
    How bout this nugget for you.. This season after a team beat the lakers straight up every one of them covered the spread next time out(applies to memphis tonight).... There was one loss but it doesnt count because it came in a game where both teams previous wins were against the lakers
    thanks for the insight, roch. i am feeling pretty good about this play right now.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Last game of Thunder against Spurs:

Westbrook who averaged almost 20 points in his last 5 games only shot 3-11 from the field and scored only 8 points.

Durant who averaged 32 points(NBA's leading scorer) in his last 5 games only shot 7-15 from the field and scored only 16 points(matched his season low). He even just made one 3-point attempt(0-1) in that game after having 5-9, 3-7, 2-7, 4-7, 1-4, 8-13 in his last 6 games. That's 23-47(49%) shooting from beyond the arc.

Thunder scored only 74 points(32% FG), the lowest this season, in that game. Starters then sat the whole 4th quarter of that game.

Don't you think that game against the Spurs was somewhat strange?

I don't think, after that loss and after 3 days of rest, this Thunder team will just roll over again and play dead?? Think again fellas. I hate to say it but Thunder will come out and play tonight.

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by aireent777 View Post
    Last game of Thunder against Spurs: Westbrook who averaged almost 20 points in his last 5 games only shot 3-11 from the field and scored only 8 points. Durant who averaged 32 points(NBA's leading scorer) in his last 5 games only shot 7-15 from the field and scored only 16 points(matched his season low). He even just made one 3-point attempt(0-1) in that game after having 5-9, 3-7, 2-7, 4-7, 1-4, 8-13 in his last 6 games. That's 23-47(49%) shooting from beyond the arc. Thunder scored only 74 points(32% FG), the lowest this season, in that game. Starters then sat the whole 4th quarter of that game. Don't you think that game against the Spurs was somewhat strange? I don't think, after that loss and after 3 days of rest, this Thunder team will just roll over again and play dead?? Think again fellas. I hate to say it but Thunder will come out and play tonight.
    you make a sound argument, but momentum is very important in the NBA. i don't think it is as simple as flipping a switch the very next game. However, i do agree that the Thunders will play better this game after the embarrassing defeat against the Spurs. i actually see this as a neck-to-neck game (hence my write up in post #1), and the game will be won by the team that made the fewest mistakes.

i have not locked in a bet yet, but i am leaning very strongly towards the Grizzlies.

demens
    Square -910

Noone is saying they will roll over and play dead, just cause they wont doesn't mean they will win.

yea lol thats why i was ready to throw the bank on okc i never seen a b2b2b
    It happened to the Wizards last year, not sure what the circumstances behind that was. Prior to that i hasn't happened in 10 years.

In NBAs history in happened "only" 67 times. I say only because 64 of those were during the 98/99 season which was a lock out season with a condensed schedule. So you really have 3 games in 60 or so years. You can pretty much say it never happens. Ohh there is no b2b2b scheduled for the rest of the year in case you were wondering.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

OKC will be happy to see Memphis' D after playing the Spurs. Westbrook will give Conley fits. Take that one to the bank.

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    OKC will be happy to see Memphis' D after playing the Spurs. Westbrook will give Conley fits. Take that one to the bank.
    i just locked in a play on the Memphis Grizzlies plus the points.

LOL, i hope you know that it is not a 1v1 game between Westbrook and Conley. besides, Conley was never a main scorer. i see him more of a role player and a supporting cast, which works well in this Memphis team. if Conley can lessen the mistakes and maintain a high energy level (match Westbrook's), the Grizzlies should be fine. Rudy Gay vs Durant is a good match-up. Z Randolph vs Green and Gasol vs Krystic have Memphis in the advantage IMO.

What's up with Mayo though? is he starting? that would be a mismatch with sefolosha on him.
    Last edited by LBDT168; 01-04-11 at 01:42 PM.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

I was on Memphis already. I just visualize too much low post for the Thunder to go point for point with

young chad
    young chad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man I was REALLY on OKc...but after all these stats being posted, I think I may stay away from this game..these teams are VERY close in talent level, where it's Westbrook-Durant-Green (with a sprinkle of Harden)..it's Gay-Randolph-Gasol (with some OJ on the side)....I'm starting to think the Memphis bigs may dominate the game as the Grizz have players that can at least keep up with OKc's big 3..and not vice versa..

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    I was on Memphis already. I just visualize too much low post for the Thunder to go point for point with
    Hope we cash!!!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

It's a bad matchup for the grizz on thunder -1

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by LBDT168 View Post
    i just locked in a play on the Memphis Grizzlies plus the points. LOL, i hope you know that it is not a 1v1 game between Westbrook and Conley. besides, Conley was never a main scorer. i see him more of a role player and a supporting cast, which works well in this Memphis team. if Conley can lessen the mistakes and maintain a high energy level (match Westbrook's), the Grizzlies should be fine. Rudy Gay vs Durant is a good match-up. Z Randolph vs Green and Gasol vs Krystic have Memphis in the advantage IMO. What's up with Mayo though? is he starting? that would be a mismatch with sefolosha on him.
    you are kidding, right?

conley can't stop westbrook, on the other hand, sefolosha can stop mayo easily as he is a much better defender.

LBDT168

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    you are kidding, right? conley can't stop westbrook, on the other hand, sefolosha can stop mayo easily as he is a much better defender.
    No point in us arguing who is better and who can or cannot guard who. i guess we will find out soon enough.

Baller85
    Baller85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Memphis is the pick then? lol I don't know

demens
    Square -910

OKC can't stop anyone period, so Westbrook stopping Conely is irreverent.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I seriously think this game is going to be very close. I wouldn't want to be on either side because the line movement suggests a buzzer beater for the win.

LBDT168

Cashed this!