Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston celtics v minnesota timberwolves??

Hey guy, what do you think bout this game?? Boston will probably win because they are one of the best teams in the nba, playing at home, plaing against a team with a shitty away record AND rondo came back in the last game.

But what do you guys thinks about -8?? Do you guys even think they'll win?? id appreciate your advice

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

And also any news on kevin garnett?? anyone know when he'll be back??

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Be careful playing the Celtics on a back to back.

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

they originally stated 2 weeks for Garnett so he still has aways to go before he will be playing. Definitely out all week.
    I would not lay this many points on the C's right now but not real confident about taking MINN either.
    Boston has the capability to blow them out if motivated with or without injuries. I would lean MINN

Only reason to take MINN is if you think that Boston will have nothing to play for and be happy walking out with a win rather than making a statement. Which I tend to agree with.
    MINN's big lineup should benefit without Garnett's D

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I capped it Celtics -4. They should be able to cover that, right?

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

This is a very good spot to pick the Wolves imo.

In general i think the b2b factor gets thrown around way to much and in most cases is meaningless. This game is an exception because Boston is one of those team that is one a good b2b team. And it makes sense consider how old they are, on top of being old they are shorthanded. Rondo was expected to be out for another week or so but they were in danger of losing 3 straight so he played last night. Pierce twisted his ankle at the end of the game and limped off too, he is expected to play but these things might be a factor on a b2b.

Wolves on the other hand are playing solid basketball. They won 3 of the last 4. They have also been covering most of their games lately, including road games against very good home teams like Denver and Portland.

1 thing i've noticed about the top teams in the league. They are usually overvalued at home and dont have the best ATS records. For these elite teams it doesn't make much difference whether they play home or away so the extra points they get at home make it harder for them to cover. Most of their road ATS records are tops in the league. Boston is only 6-8ATS at home, that gets even worse against .500- teams 3-7.

So i'd say the Wolves are as good a play as any on the card today.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Line has been dropping, opened at -8 and I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop another half point. I'm on Min +4.5 1st half and +8 for the game. Underdog is 10-3 in the last 13 matchups. Over seems like a solid play as well but I'm not touching that one.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

+8 or no play if I were taking a side.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7596

i took the c's 1h