No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Even books are faked out by Lakers

Late line movement said oddsmakers expected a Laker rout. Under was juiced, line budged to 9.5, Memphis TT dropped.

Something's seriously broken with this team. It's one thing to drop a few you shouldn't, but they're starting to do it in alarmingly embarrassing fashion.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's looking bad for the Lakers. Make a mental note to watch out for them being overvalued in the near future. This team is falling apart. I'm sure the books will be adjusting soon so if you see an angle on them in the next few games probably a good idea to hit it.

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

yup

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe they are just getting really used to going on cruise control until the playoffs. Does it really matter who they play in the 1st round/what their seed is? Can someone who actually watched the game comment on this. This was really sad, Memphis just came off a B2B going out west, don't understand how such a GREAT team could get destroyed so badly.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Maybe they are just getting really used to going on cruise control until the playoffs. Does it really matter who they play in the 1st round/what their seed is? Can someone who actually watched the game comment on this. This was really sad, Memphis just came off a B2B going out west, don't understand how such a GREAT team could get destroyed so badly.
    Bro I'm telling you they are in trouble. I'm a big Lakers fan and I am local in Los angeles. People are talking. I am hearing rumors about unhappy players and strife amongst the team. I cannot say for sure they are true but the fact still remains. Something is seriously wrong with the Lakers.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Whats broken is they have no desire, they dont even put pressure on jump shooters yet they dare them to shoot and look around at their teammates shocked like they dont know what happened. Kobe isnt the same player even two years ago, he's declining pretty rapidly, no more explosion. Kobe isnt a top 5 maybe not top 8 player in the league today.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Whats broken is they have no desire, they dont even put pressure on jump shooters yet they dare them to shoot and look around at their teammates shocked like they dont know what happened. Kobe isnt the same player even two years ago, he's declining pretty rapidly, no more explosion. Kobe isnt a top 5 maybe not top 8 player in the league today.
    Agree.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

What is most apparent from my point of view is it seems like they are lacking the desire to win. They still have it when they put forth the effort but it appears like they are not very focused right now. I'd like to think it's just temporary but my mind is telling me they are becoming an above mediocre team and nothing more.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still think it's a little early to speculate. They looked SO dominate early in the season, it seems like they just don't really care right now. They know it doesn't really matter until the playoffs start. One thing is for sure though - there is not 1 good reason to place a penny on them.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

losing by alot at home to milwaukee and memphis i think is enough reason to speculate. I dont think not caring would be the only reason they are getting blown out this bad.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I still think it's a little early to speculate. They looked SO dominate early in the season, it seems like they just don't really care right now. They know it doesn't really matter until the playoffs start. One thing is for sure though - there is not 1 good reason to place a penny on them.
    When? When they were playing the second easiest schedule in the league? The Lakers have not shown anything positive against top teams so far this year and now they are struggling with poor teams as well.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Maybe some value on the Lakers in the next few games?

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

As much as people like to complain about the Lakers they are 23-11 so far this season which is a pretty decent record. Yes in recent games it simply looks like they are not trying for some reason but we all know they are one if not THE most talented team in the NBA and when they start to get it together they can not be denied so yes books will always value the Lakers highly and alot of times taking the lakers spread at home is an absolute joke but I still like the Lakers and see them in the finals this year.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

somebody started a thread on fading every laker game... and i believe if u faded lakers in past 8 games including tonight the record is 6-2!!! lakers cant cover..

Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I think the line actually said that Memphis was going to cover - Lakers giving up less than DD to a Memphis team coming off a b2b from Utah.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    As much as people like to complain about the Lakers they are 23-11 so far this season which is a pretty decent record. Yes in recent games it simply looks like they are not trying for some reason but we all know they are one if not THE most talented team in the NBA and when they start to get it together they can not be denied so yes books will always value the Lakers highly and alot of times taking the lakers spread at home is an absolute joke but I still like the Lakers and see them in the finals this year.
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think the Lakers are in the top 5 talent wise anymore. I think the Lakers have let trades and the NBA's new movement pass them by. They are trying to make what worked before work now, and it isn't going to. If they don't get rid of some of their players in a trade deal soon, then they will be exiting the playoffs earlier than they're accustomed.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17852

I'm shocked.

DblDeuce
    DblDeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm laying off of them, thats for sure.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time to start betting against them at home

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is wat the lakers do every year, they have these awful stretches
    but this year seems very different, they are getting whooped by mediocre to crap teams @ home !
    im not sure wat ron artest is going on that team, is his defense that great?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

the lakers turned the ball over with alarming fashion and from what i saw in the 3rd, kobe got going on offense and there was zero movement the rest of the guys just watched...

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

I will start betting against them till they show they are back on track

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7835

Quote Originally Posted by nbarlotta3 View Post
    Time to start betting against them at home
    way to join the party.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Lakers=joke

tomtom
    tomtom's Avatar Become A Pro!

what the heck is wrong with the fakers?

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

what is going on .. this is getting ridiculous a little

vcj16
    vcj16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

there was steam on the lakers right before tip at pinny and cris. over 80% of the public was on the lakers and The Greek never moved off 9.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

the fix was definitely in on this game...anyone who watched it was definitely scratching their head lol. As a Lakers fan, not worried about the Lakers and this is vintage Phil Jackson at play...Lakers have gone through this every season with Jackson, only to step up their game later in the season. Nonetheless, a lot of ppl got fooled in this game and there have been rumors of some intra-team conflict as mentioned by another fan as well somewhere on this forum. The fact that the public was so heavily on the Lakers and the line didn't really reflect it indicated something was up

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Maybe this will bring value to them later. I would love to get them as dogs on the road. I hope the books adjust, and the Lakers fine their game. Could be some good spots to bet them as plus money on the road.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

The first half of January should give the Lakers a easier schedule to get back into their groove

TakeIt
    TakeIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25409

i turned the game off at the half. it was (painfully) obvious to me the lakers just didn't give a shit.

they never even made an effort, because they just didn't care.

paciophobia
    paciophobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

guess vegas cashed with this public play again. damn you vegas.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

still too early to derive anything. nice idea to fade them, but I won't count them out at all for the tripeat.

like it or not, the bottom line is, they are still in playoff position in table, people can only judge after playoff is over. Remember Celtics last season (I still regretted not taking them at odds 1:50 to win East Conference at the start of playoff )

mtbaker
    mtbaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

always tough to figure out the Lake Show

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

There should be a sticky at the top of this forum urging people to never take the Lakers spread.