Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on the Knicks +7?

Anyone like the Knicks here on the road?

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

The way Orlando has been playing, really makes you think twice, specially going back home. The only way I see the Knicks keeping this game close, would be if Orlando gets into foul trouble early.

Austin103

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    The way Orlando has been playing, really makes you think twice, specially going back home. The only way I see the Knicks keeping this game close, would be if Orlando gets into foul trouble early.
    That's what I'm thinking Sharp. If the line moves a bit, that may change my decision.

lyc16
    lyc16's Avatar Become A Pro!

wont surprise me if orlando drops another 19 3s on the knicks.. if they do that... +7 for knicks is almost not gonna help them

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

I like Orlando tonight. Stoudemire has nothing more Dwight.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    I like Orlando tonight. Stoudemire has nothing more Dwight.
    It really will be a good game to watch, nothing else.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

a great game to gamble fake money on, not real money =).. then again.. haha BOL !

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

yeah i definitely lean orlando for this game but will probably bea spectator more than anything

WesJeffery
    WesJeffery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It should be a great game to watch, tons of scoring

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    Stoudemire has nothing more Dwight.
    "Stoudemire went 11-1 in his career against Orlando with Phoenix and has posted four straight double-doubles versus the Magic, averaging 23.3 points and 12.0 rebounds."

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Take the over here !!!! They will score close to 250 this game

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Great game to have fun with betpoints. No real money for me.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    I'm still not sold on the Magic yet. Let's examine their only win against a decent team:

vs. a Rondo-less Celtics: Celtics have the lead late in the game. Celtics somehow choke and the Magic finish the game on a 15-1 run.

You can't use only that game to tell how they'll play against another good team. As for the wins against the Cavaliers and Nets, the less we talk about it, the better. Beating the Cavs and Nets is no big deal. Those are teams that always find ways to lose even when their opponents are not interested in winning!

Finally, consider these:

• Knicks are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games as a road underdog.
    • Knicks are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 road games.

Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I'm still not sold on the Magic yet. Let's examine their only win against a decent team:

vs. a Rondo-less Celtics: Celtics have the lead late in the game. Celtics somehow choke and the Magic finish the game on a 15-1 run.

You can't use only that game to tell how they'll play against another good team. As for the wins against the Cavaliers and Nets, the less we talk about it, the better. Beating the Cavs and Nets is no big deal. Those are teams that always find ways to lose even when their opponents are not interested in winning!

Finally, consider these:

Don't you count San Antonio as descent team?

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I think the Knicks keep this reasonably close tonight. Line is 7.5 most places right now - I would go with the Knicks. Best of luck

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Avatars View Post
    Don't you count San Antonio as descent team?
    I get your point. Yes, SA are a decent team. I left them out of that discussion because they were in a hidden funk at the time they played the Magic. Prior to their game against the Magic:
    1) they were on a 1-4 ATS run
    2) at home, they were taken to OT by the Grizzlies and beat the offenseless Bucks by a meagre 2 points.

Furthermore, against the Magic, they were playing their 6th game in 8th days!

All that gave them little chance against the Magic. That's why I prefer to leave that game alone when assessing the Magic's current form.

Betpoints: 90

I get your point. Yes, SA are a decent team. I left them out of that discussion because they were in a hidden funk at the time they played the Magic. Prior to their game against the Magic:
    2) at home, they were taken to OT by the Grizzlies and beat the offenseless Bucks by a meagre 2 points.

All that gave them little chance against the Magic. That's why I prefer to leave that game alone when assessing the Magic's current form.
    OK, thanks. Justed asked I fully agree with you that it's hard to say how good Magic is at this moment - sample is just too small.
    Still I will go with Orlando

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6828

I definitely like the Knicks a lot tonite, 3 units NY+7.5, 1 unit ML +300 (5 DIMES)

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Finally, consider these:

I have to pick apart this one. The magic defeated the spurs and the celtics back to back without even having ONE PRACTICE TOGETHER. The Celtics can use the excuse they didn't have Rondo, but the magic didn't even have a single practice together. Didn't the celtics have 4 future hall of famers playing in that game? Give me a break man, the Magic are legit with the new trades whether you like it or not.

mtbaker
    mtbaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Knicks will keep it close. Game will be low scoring.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im scared of the over here since everyone and their mamma is on it...take knick+7...STAT

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Most people on the board love Orlando and the over... so I'm taking Knicks and the Under.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I have to pick apart this one. The magic defeated the spurs and the celtics back to back without even having ONE PRACTICE TOGETHER. The Celtics can use the excuse they didn't have Rondo, but the magic didn't even have a single practice together. Didn't the celtics have 4 future hall of famers playing in that game? Give me a break man, the Magic are legit with the new trades whether you like it or not.
    As for the Magic's "impressive" win over the Spurs, you take a look at what I said earlier about that:

I'm not saying the Magic aren't legit, but to conclude so only on the basis of their win over the Celtics is going too far. If beating the Celtics makes a team "legit", then the Cavaliers, Raptors and Pistons are "legit"

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Most people on the board love Orlando and the over... so I'm taking Knicks and the Under.
    I'm on Knicks but it really annoys the shit out of me when people say non sense like this..."fade the pub"...yeah STFU idiot
    Last edited by Broken-Ear Glen; 12-30-10 at 03:54 PM.

windwind
    Update your status
    windwind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

liking the orlando for tonight

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

Finally, consider these:

Good Analysis Wil.

However, there coming back home and it is the last game of the yr for them. I just cant figure out the outcome of this game, for me, there's just too many variables.

I prefer to just enjoy it and play the other 2 games on tonite.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

I'm staying away...

FindTheLock

As for the Magic's "impressive" win over the Spurs, you take a look at what I said earlier about that:

I'm not saying the Magic aren't legit, but to conclude so only on the basis of their win over the Celtics is going too far. If beating the Celtics makes a team "legit", then the Cavaliers, Raptors and Pistons are "legit"
    To take into account only one teams ailments when assessing a wager is absurd. You are pointing out all the excuses a biased fan can come up with without looking at what orlando was going through in these same games, and all to disregard what the magic have accomplished. if you indeed look at the grand design of the work the magic have accomplished the last 4 games, you can clearly see a 20+ point blowout (against a team with the best record in the NBA) two 15 + blowouts, and a solid 4th quarter comeback against a team with 4 future hall of famers that all played significant minutes. All this was done without even having enough time to "gel" as a team. I think that they still have a lot to prove, but quit with the excuses already. This team is clearly capable of being a contender, that's all I am saying. The knicks are not at that level with their current roster.

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't want to fade the magic tonite.. gl

McLaren__F1
    McLaren__F1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    LOL, love your logic

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    I think the Knicks keep this reasonably close tonight. Line is 7.5 most places right now - I would go with the Knicks. Best of luck
    yeah... think the line's so big because the books know that new york has lost bettors' confidence lately and ORL is looking like a new darling. They're hoping they get lotsa people that don't mind givin 7.5 on the magic.

nnhenry
    nnhenry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Small play on Orlando moneyline.

FindTheLock

I don't know how many of you guys pay attention to lines in the NBA, but I can tell you right now that line moving to 7.5 only makes the magic more logical.

Austin103

We shall see

12 Last