Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

NBA Database Site Location

I'm looking for the link to the NBA database or maybe sports database for that matter, a site that allows one to select any NBA team (visitor) and then the number of past meetings (5, 10, 20) followed by the home team selected. Upon making these selections, you click on the word 'submit' and the table displays the records between the 2 selected clubs over the past number of games selected.
    Can anyone provide me with this link/website?

Thanks & Merry Christmas to Everyone!

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    I'm looking for the link to the NBA database or maybe sports database for that matter, a site that allows one to select any NBA team (visitor) and then the number of past meetings (5, 10, 20) followed by the home team selected. Upon making these selections, you click on the word 'submit' and the table displays the records between the 2 selected clubs over the past number of games selected. Can anyone provide me with this link/website? Thanks & Merry Christmas to Everyone!
    www.sportsdatabase.com Should have what you're looking for. Let me know if you need help with the queries.

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thanks Easy. Actually I was on that site but didn't see the reference table I was looking for or am seeking. This is a table that has dropdowns for all the NBA clubs in which you click on whatever visitor you want, then you have the dropdown to select the number of previous meetings you want, which I believe is 5, 10 & 20 and finally the last dropdown is for the home side. After selecting your matchups and the number of past meetings, you hit submit and the results, Su & ATS, appear plus the over/under records for those games as well.

EasyHustlin

Sorry I don't know which site exactly you're referring to, but I know that you could easily run a few queries on sportsdatabase and get the info you're looking for.

Say you want records for the Lakers vs the Thunder for the last 3 seasons. Your query will look like this...
    (season=2008 or season=2009 or season=2010) and team=Lakers and o:team=Thunder

Just enter that in the query bar and it will spit out records for SU, ATS, O/U, average line, average total, average points per quarter, field goal percent, etc. If you want to narrow it down to just when the Lakers are at home, then add " and site=home" to the query and will filter out the away games. I know this isn't as nice and neat as what you're looking for but it gets the job done.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I've been playing around on that site the past few days.

Pain in the ass, but, best site ever! Still learning.

Btw, some tips for u. Instead of all the or seasons, >=2008 should work, can't check from phone. If not then date would def work. Also instead of site=home all u need is H
    Last edited by demens; 12-24-10 at 11:04 PM.

EasyHustlin

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    I've been playing around on that site the past few days. Pain in the ass, but, best site ever! Still learning. Btw, some tips for u. Instead of all the or seasons, >=2008 should work, can't check from phone. If not then date would def work. Also instead of site=home all u need is H
    Thanks demens. I am still learning the ins and outs... Yeah it's a nifty tool especially for shooting down those idiots who post "ZOMG my new 'system' is 10-0 the last 3 days!" A week or so ago someone on another forum started posting a "System" where he just bought 3 points @ -170 for every game he picked and claimed he had doubled his BR in a week. I ran a query real quick and showed him with long term stats how badly he was going to get buried if he kept doing it. Of course the idiot didn't listen and went bust 4 days later. So sad.