Betpoints: 5086

damn so nasty

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Awful play down the stretch by the Hornets. Disgraceful 4Q. But no fix. Just a shitty team.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    Awful play down the stretch by the Hornets. Disgraceful 4Q. But no fix. Just a shitty team.
    The Hornets had no sense of urgency at the end and someone got killed going to the hoop and the refs just looked the other way. It was so blatant.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Do you guys really think professional athletes fix games?

Do you really think players on the Heat and Hornets that have salaries in the million, care about people betting a few hundred or thousand bucks on a game?

I can realistically see a scenario in which there may be a crooked ref or two, but I highly doubt that the Heat and Hornets got together and fixed this game so it would go under.

Shit happens when you're gambling.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Do you guys really think professional athletes fix games?

Do you really think players on the Heat and Hornets that have salaries in the million, care about people betting a few hundred or thousand bucks on a game?

I can realistically see a scenario in which there may be a crooked ref or two, but I highly doubt that the Heat and Hornets got together and fixed this game so it would go under.

Shit happens when you're gambling.
    you got a lot to learn my friend, start with going to google.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Another fixed game Good stuff. We have had 2 now since Thursday Awesome

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know. Guys like Tim Donaghy are lying

You need a wake up call buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Another fixed game Good stuff. We have had 2 now since Thursday Awesome

lyon804

Well just for clarification is it the refs are the players or both that is fixing the games? You know the players are multi-millionaires so it can't be them. Why would they risk it all? For who, For what? Peoples little $25 wagers

lyon804

For example the Orlando Magic scored 10pts in the 3Q last nite and did everything but blow the cover. Was that fixed also Did they just come up a tad short from fixing that one? Maybe better luck next time was there thought process

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

and hornets/sixers yesterday was reverse fix

seriously brah get ur heads outta each others ass

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every game is fixed. If a game goes over, one team played poor defense on the fix. If a game goes under, the team on the fix played poor offense. If a team covers, all players on both teams as well as the coaches and refs knew what needed to happened, choreographed it all including 1/2 court shots, just so one team can cover.

It just amazes me at the amount of stupidity when someone loses a $100 bet. All the sudden, the tinfoil hats come out. Watch out guys, they're out to get you.

As far as Donaghy, there are rotten apples everywhere. Every profession has them. Are there more, prolly. But even Donaghy during his prime could not even come close to guaranteeing a fix to make, just that he'd try.

Get real folks, It was the American government behind 9/11

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Every game is fixed. If a game goes over, one team played poor defense on the fix. If a game goes under, the team on the fix played poor offense. If a team covers, all players on both teams as well as the coaches and refs knew what needed to happened, choreographed it all including 1/2 court shots, just so one team can cover.

It just amazes me at the amount of stupidity when someone loses a $100 bet. All the sudden, the tinfoil hats come out. Watch out guys, they're out to get you.

As far as Donaghy, there are rotten apples everywhere. Every profession has them. Are there more, prolly. But even Donaghy during his prime could not even come close to guaranteeing a fix to make, just that he'd try.

Outstading post... the only thing that pisses me off is I didn't get word of the fix and I actually know some people that are in the know. If nothing else I would have at least turned on my TV so I could watch this fix.

impper
    impper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

If I were an athlete I'd pay attention to the lines and do shady, dubious sh*t all the time, and then log onto forums like these just to see what I hath wrought

bettorjon
    bettorjon's Avatar Become A Pro!

punter loses = fixed game

punter wins = right side of the fixed game

BettingWizard

the theory that athletes are millionaires and would never "influence" a game is laughable. Whether a person has $1 or $1,000,000 to their name, they will always look to make more money.

Otherwise, I guess Bill Gates retired after his first billion right? LOL

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post

Donaghy getting caught = only one doing it. Nice logic.

Wish I was as naive as you. What about the 100's of phone calls he made to multiple refs?

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Donaghy getting caught = only one doing it. Nice logic.

Wish I was as naive as you. What about the 100's of phone calls he made to multiple refs?

All of you need to get your facts straight. Donaghy was never found guilty of fixing games. Neither the FBI or NBA saw proof of him being a dirty ref. Donaghy simply bet on inside information based on biases the the refs had towards certain teams,owners,front offices, players. He said he could win 75% of the time just knowing what the biases were. He himself was never found to be guilty of a fix. According to his gambling records seized by the FBI he won almost 72% of the time. Do a little research on the topic.

It's also no secret that Joey Crawford hoses the Mavericks every chance he gets because he can't stand Duncan,Cuban or Pops.

There are other biases around the league for and against teams that I know of because I follow refs closely.

To think a Lebron James, D. Wade, Chris Paul, Chris Bosh, David West type players are in on a fix last nite is crazy assumption. Those guys are risking more than money.. They are risking legacies, endorsements, and there huge salaries. What could those guys bet to make it worth there while?

After all the many years of fixed games why no confessions from ex-players that are broke are on there death bed?? Do you know how many players leave the game and are broke in a few years? Why hasn't any of them come forward with shocking revelations in order to sell a book..Kinda like Jose Canseco did about steroids in baseball.

BettingWizard

Subconsciously, Donaghy did fix games, even if he certainly did try to call it fair. The games he reffed on for a certain period of time had a high number of Overs for totals. Sure, I believe he tried to call it fair, but just watch some of the youtube clips where he obviously favored a team or total. AND the FBI covered up for the NBA, it's funny how there was so much evidence against other refs, especially the phone records, and all of a sudden the investigation closes without a word from the FBI explaining what happened with that evidence.

David Stern has been in power for over 25 years now, just read about anything in human history that has had a person in power for a long time.........every time the place they are governing becomes corrupt.

lyon804

So other words the FBI didn't want to bring down the NBA.. OK, I can live with that. At the same time you must admit player involvement has to be rare at the professional level and refs can't make it look to suspicious. I know refs favor certain teams and dislike others but I don't think it is for gambling purposes amongst them. Alot of risk there to win a few dime bets when you are talking jail time and loss of your employment future..not to mention refs make pretty decent salary.

BettingWizard

I think if a player is involved, it's more likely that a friend or family member has money on the game rather than himself. The stars are not stupid enough to make the bets themselves either way, so they will never get busted. I agree that a guy like Kobe is probably clean, I've never really seen any suspicious play from him but I've seen a lot of shady play from Lebron, this year alone, where a spread or total is close

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    It's also no secret that Joey Crawford hoses the Mavericks every chance he gets because he can't stand Duncan,Cuban or Pops.
    Mavs and Spurs, you mean.

Crawford and the Spurs is the most well known ref bias, but there are, of course, others.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Mavs and Spurs, you mean.

Crawford and the Spurs is the most well known ref bias, but there are, of course, others.

correct. thanks for correcting me... I know of some positive biases as well.. Pat Fraher loves Orlando, Gary Zelinski loves Denver and so on...

BettingWizard

Also look up trends that go beyond the norm. Scott Foster has underdogs hitting 70% or better the last few years, Bavetta is around the same with Unders. At some point, you gotta say it's more than just a bias.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    I think if a player is involved, it's more likely that a friend or family member has money on the game rather than himself. The stars are not stupid enough to make the bets themselves either way, so they will never get busted. I agree that a guy like Kobe is probably clean, I've never really seen any suspicious play from him but I've seen a lot of shady play from Lebron, this year alone, where a spread or total is close
    Kobe is far from the fixing. I've seen this guy single handedly win spreads and overs when his team is just standing around missing easy plays. If anything the entire Lakers team is on fixes with Kobe confused of what's going on.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

We need to opena thread keeping record of these refs. Isn't that what forums are made for so people can share useful betting info? Too many clowns posting threads with losing plays trying to gain popularity without helping each other out.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    We need to opena thread keeping record of these refs. Isn't that what forums are made for so people can share useful betting info? Too many clowns posting threads with losing plays trying to gain popularity without helping each other out.

How about we keep track of all the fixes in all sports here as well, maybe record the refs and players involved in each game

Whippit

why would they attempt to fix a game to the under when half these effin honksters can't even shoot straight?

you think when bucks/nets/hornets/philly/queens shoot 30% it's fixed?

yer outta yer effin mind brah

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    why would they attempt to fix a game to the under when half these effin honksters can't even shoot straight?

you think when bucks/nets/hornets/philly/queens shoot 30% it's fixed?

yer outta yer effin mind brah
    best players in the world combine for 23 pts in a quarter. Not a red flag?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    it's hard to find out before the game who the refs are, though

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    it's hard to find out before the game who the refs are, though
    wagerline has them posted hours before a game

Whippit

problem is they all dress the same & often look alike

especially when 3-4 geezers all working the same game, which is usually the case due to increased chance of collapse

wagerline is ok for recreational use, but unreliable for hardcore gamblers