NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by kman27 View Post
    Its not only mine, but many others would agree. The Bulls have the best team to offer to these "superstars" If you think the Knicks have a better team to offer. Youre being biased, just ssaying because you said Melo knows how to pick a winning team.
    Thanks for copying me in using logic pea brain. You clearly have no idea why I even wrote this post.....so why are you even in here?

kman27
    kman27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea youre right, i should probably leave this thread. No sense in trying to argue with some clown with an IQ of a rock.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    The whole shpeel about Melo knowing winning unlike Lebron and you think he chooses Knicks?

Knicks being his place of choice has jack shit to do with winning. Chicago is winning. And i'm no Bulls fan.

Once again....this is why you're retarded. We don't have a salary cap hanging around our necks like from 2000-2009 anymore genius. Again you never know what you're babbling about please stop wasting everyone's time on my threads.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by kman27 View Post
    Yea youre right, i should probably leave this thread. No sense in trying to argue with some clown with an IQ of a rock.

Dude you just signed up on December 10th of this month and sound like a 17 year old living in his mom's basement.

Please leave...and I wish your overrated Bulls much success as they will be nothing more than the Phoenix-Denver Nuggets of the East for the next 5 years.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Once again....this is why you're retarded. We don't have a salary cap hanging around our necks like from 2000-2009 anymore genius. Again you never know what you're babbling about please stop wasting everyone's time on my threads.
    You dont have the 1st clue about salary cap. You dont know what the cap will be set at next year, you dont know what kind of restrictions the new CBA will have, you dont even know if there will be a season next year.

And you definitely dont know the Knicks cap situation. Just cause some other idiot Knick fan told you theres cap doesn't mean he knows either. Because if you go by this years cap, and most people think that # will be lower, but if you go just by this years cap the Knicks DO NOT have the money to just sign him.

Class is over for today, your home work is to stay away from NY talk radio and the idiot Knick beat writers and wait for an actual trade that either gets Melo to NY or puts them in a position to sign him if you wanna try talking shit again. Until then, shut the **** up. Go study now.

demens
    Square -910

So noone jumping to conclusions today? No overreacting to the news? No new threads.

Good job guys.

demens
    Square -910

So whats Chris Sheridan been up to lately?

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Melo will help them no matter what they give for him. But it will not make them a powerhouse team, they will not aproach the level of Boston or Miami for years !!

demens
    Square -910

Quick Chris Sheridan, say Anthony Carter will demand a buy out if traded to the Nets. DOO IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

I doubt that Melo can give the Knicks much more than Fields+Gallinari

Melo is no winner and the knicks would NOT get that much better!

demens
    Square -910

Yeah, damn right, **** Melo, never wanted that loser anyway, never wanted this loser either.

Amare mvp/

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

So Knicks fans how do you feel now

I want to start this thread specifically to get the views of Knicks fans. I can't believe that anyone would have wanted the trade to go down (knowing that Anthony will sign in the summer) and now the starting line up is pretty much gone.

Elated Knicks fans please tell me why this was a worthwhile deal because I am confused.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

chandler, gallinari and the lot are exciting and all, but they're not winners.

chauncey and carmelo can bring this knicks team to the next level. consistent PG play that actually plays defense...

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Players like Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov are all replaceable. This is a stars league and you win with stars. Melo wanted his extension and if the Knicks walked away, there is a decent chance Melo would be a Net. They will worry about filling out the team later. D'antoni typically uses an 8 or 9 man rotation anyway. Everyone is so in love with Felton but he has slowed down since his quick start and he is a product of Dantoni's system. Chandler and Gallo will never be stars. Gallo was asked in an interview if he ever thought he would be a star in this league. He said no. Enough said.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I grow up a HUGE NBA and Knicks fan. I probably havnt watched a full KNicks game in about 7 years. Kind of excited to watch one now. May be a fair weather attitude, but it is what it is.

Anyway, my understanding is that they would not have been able to sign all of these guys and go after Paul or Williams in two years anyway. Plus, collective bargaining agreement could have swayed Melo to stay in Denver for more $$.

HornyBullfrog
    HornyBullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Well said ROFLcopter, This move is a HUGE step towards the ultimate goal of winning a championship. There defense may even be worse now though, which is hard to believe. Anthony is a beast and he wants to play here! He never wanted to even be in Denver this year and still put up 25 ppg. I am excited and can't wait to see how things go the next few years.............

whadeeb
    whadeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrible trade, gutted the team for a ballhog

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

well they would not have made the trade if they thought they were going to destroy their team, they needed to make a trade like this to make the knicks a serious contender next year only Amare could not do it.

I personally find the trade fantastic since I live in NY and can watch all knick games very easily on local tv stations, they are finally worth watching again(maybe)

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

What about Billups' publicly documented intentions to have his contract bought out at the end of the summer were he not to stay in Denver? Aren't there any concerns with Knicks fans in this regard?

And I understand that maybe Gallinari and Chandler are replaceable players, but IMO they're above average role players, and with the current state of the Eastern Conference right now and Melo probably just a slight bit past his prime, it's a tough time to be looking to be re-building the complimentary role players over the next couple years. I guess we'll see how it goes.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I'm not a knicks fan, but if I was, I would be pretty excited.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Horrible trade. Just horrible.

Herschel Walker-esque.

Bswitz32
    Update your status
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Yes...I know the Knicks were not the greatest team this year but they were doing ok with the players they had.....no you go and give them all up for MELO....really?

Wouldnt be that happy if I were a knicks fan.

BOL

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

This could come back to bite them in the ass... they will have ~20 million in cap space after this season, enough to entertain CP3/DWill/Dwight. Problem is, there is a big push to lower the salary cap, which would screw the Knicks chances of landing one of those guys.

A very big gamble IMO, especially since they have a very slim chance of making the Finals this year

NYSportsGuy210

I like the trade. Their achilles heel will be at the center position though. Hopefully they call up Earl Barron and he provides some quality minutes for them the rest of the way and Balkman ends up hustling and playing a little defense.

Billups, if he decides to play out and stay healthy the rest of this season, is an upgrade over Felton in that he can stretch a half court defense by popping a jump shot or a three point shot consistently (unlike Raymond Felton). This will only help Amare's low post game and of course Melo's ability to drive and shoot from anywhere on the court doesn't hurt either.

I am aiming for a 46 win season this year and possibly taking the Bulls to seven games in a opening round playoff series. Next year and beyond looks very promising if the Knicks can make the right moves. Can't be mad at that being a Knicks fan.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Danilo Gallinari is a 3-point machine, will miss seeing him play for NY, but you can't complain...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I like the trade. Their achilles heel will be at the center position though. Hopefully they call up Earl Barron and he provides some quality minutes for them the rest of the way and Balkman ends up hustling and playing a little defense.

Billups, if he decides to play out and stay healthy the rest of this season, is an upgrade over Felton in that he can stretch a half court defense by popping a jump shot or a three point shot consistently (unlike Raymond Felton). This will only help Amare's low post game and of course Melo's ability to drive and shoot from anywhere on the court doesn't hurt either.

I am aiming for a 46 win season this year and possibly taking the Bulls to seven games in a opening round playoff series. Next year and beyond looks very promising if the Knicks can make the right moves. Can't be mad at that being a Knicks fan.
    Billups is technically an upgrade over Felton at the moment, but do you really think it's a smart move long-term? How many more miles does Chauncey have?

As for a Knicks-Bulls series, if it happens, there is zero chance NY would go the distance with Chicago IMHO.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Danilo Gallinari is a 3-point machine, will miss seeing him play for NY, but you can't complain...

Actually Shawne Williams is a 3-point machine for the Knicks this year. Guy rarely misses from the corner. Let's hope Bill Walker and Toney Douglas can step it up now.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Billups is technically an upgrade over Felton at the moment, but do you really think it's a smart move long-term? How many more miles does Chauncey have?

As for a Knicks-Bulls series, if it happens, there is zero chance NY would go the distance with Chicago IMHO.

The Knicks have already beat Chicago already twice this year without Melo....sp how do they now have a ZERO chance of not being able to take Chicago to a seven game series?

And this team isn't that different from the team they had before Melo....in fact they are better. Only thing they are lacking currently is depth at the center position. If Billups plays up to his potential the Knicks will win AT LEAST two games in a 7 game game series against the Bulls....if not win the series outright.

If you'd like we can wager 75 betpoints on it....that the series goes AT LEAST 6 games.

Also, Steve Nash wants out of Phoenix, CP3 and D-Will are free agents in 2012, and D-Will would love to play in NY with these two superstars. So the Knicks won't have a long time to wait to replace Chauncey.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel like this was a panic move by the Knicks. If they didn't sign him now the Nets would have.

NYSportsGuy210

NJ Nets realistically had no shot. Basically they worked in cahoots with Denver to make it look like they did. And it actually worked as the Knicks had to give waaaay more than initially thought. It's okay, in the long run, Knicks won't suffer as much as long as both their superstars play to their potential.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The Knicks have already beat Chicago already twice this year without Melo....sp how do they now have a ZERO chance of not being able to take Chicago to a seven game series?

And this team isn't that different from the team they had before Melo....in fact they are better. Only thing they are lacking currently is depth at the center position. If Billups plays up to his potential the Knicks will win AT LEAST two games in a 7 game game series against the Bulls....if not win the series outright.

If you'd like we can wager 75 betpoints on it....that the series goes AT LEAST 6 games.

Also, Steve Nash wants out of Phoenix, CP3 and D-Will are free agents in 2012, and D-Will would love to play in NY with these two superstars. So the Knicks won't have a long time to wait to replace Chauncey.
    They hit 16 of 24 3's in one of those wins and beat a team without Noah in the other.

I don't understand this statement at all.

ROFLcopter

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Players like Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov are all replaceable. This is a stars league and you win with stars. Melo wanted his extension and if the Knicks walked away, there is a decent chance Melo would be a Net. They will worry about filling out the team later. D'antoni typically uses an 8 or 9 man rotation anyway. Everyone is so in love with Felton but he has slowed down since his quick start and he is a product of Dantoni's system. Chandler and Gallo will never be stars. Gallo was asked in an interview if he ever thought he would be a star in this league. He said no. Enough said.
    Adding onto this.. This deal is not about challenging for a title this year. It's about putting the foundation together to compete the next 5 years or so. The second star is now in place and the team is in position to make moves in the future

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

They've gone from a bad defensive team to a horrific defensive team.

Good luck with that blind spot in the playoffs.

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

ive been thru all the isiah trades and they always involved giving up young, cheap players and draft picks for overpaid scorers. this trade may seem different, but it also seems very similar.

ROFLcopter

Since when were Chandler, Gallo, and Mozgov good defensive players? Not going to disagree that Melo doesn't play defense, but he has shown the ability to when he tries (during the playoffs)

First 1234 Last