brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Told u guys to stay away last night

Magic lost and Boston should have lost as well

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    I also think that betting HOME teams for the parlays are much safer than betting the away teams....there's just something about being at home and squeezing out those close wins...
    I only play road games when it's a surging team playing a terrible team...look at Miami vs golden state tonight.... That is money

Nuggz
    Nuggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    also good is 3 team 8 pt teaser. especially nba. nice winning %tage

Only teaser I like to play, and I play quite a few of them. When done right it hits pretty darn often and gives me a comfort blanket as opposed to sweating over the spread.

Nuggz
    Nuggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Also I'm going to start playing some open parlays with bookmaker, spanning multiple days. Gonna put in some work and hopefully get results.

rustycapps
    rustycapps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 911

Brahma,you are almost there,but you need " my formula"!!! "Giving up points" is like betting how many links the winning horse will win by. I always bet my favs on the $$$ line and the dogs, take the points,unless you know it will be an upset. In your big $$line parlays,if you can find just one dog,the parlay will soar!!!! Send me a private message and I will show you the "formula" that is winning "89%"su since 11-20. Ive used my system for years and have seen it hit 93%su!!!!! Keep the faith and dont let the nay sayers bring you down!!!!

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Rusty...I'd like to know a little more as well...

I'm also wondering about parlaying and hedging......thoughts/?

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by macoeric View Post
    bulls and lakers could have both lost easily
    But that's the point. Bulls and Lakers both have guys who will do well down the stretch to pull that victory out. This isn't betting spreads.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Told u guys to stay away last night

Magic lost and Boston should have lost as well
    This isn't an every day play, people. Wait for the days with a lot of games, find the plays that seem most favorable, and never play a parlay that isn't +odds. Don't lay juice on your favorites. Hit at 50% or better and you've made money. But remember to PICK YOUR SPOTS AND DON'T FORCE ANYTHING! Like every other "system" money management and angles are still important.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    Hey Pride...where can you buy so many points and parlay them??
    5dimes.

I will post all my plays I made today after they are over. I am a bit superstitious in posting up plays before they are over.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I currently got a 5 team ML parlay going tonight. 4 teams have won and the last team is Miami vs Golden State. If they can pull it off, it will pay +790.

riskyProps

Just a follow up. The teams I picked tonight were the Pacers, the Knicks, the Timberwolves, the Spurs and the Jazz. They all won by their point spread. I just didn't bet that!

FLO31
    Fidel CashFLO
    FLO31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    I currently got a 5 team ML parlay going tonight. 4 teams have won and the last team is Miami vs Golden State. If they can pull it off, it will pay +790.
    nice.. who were the teams?

edit: nvm.. i see your follow up post now...

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    Nice job, bro - G/L with the Heat!!!

BookiesBernanke

After reading this thread I went with a 6 team ML tonight -- Indiana, Minnesota, SAS, Jazz, Miami and risked it with Portland

Thanks alot guys!! I really needed that win

Awesome thread!

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

well i'll give this a shot. can't be any worse than the john morrison system.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

agreed with most of what you are saying but I don't really see any problem in taking like a -500 team in a Parlay

let's be realistic here, what is the real chance of the Spurs losing to Golden State at home?? 1 in 10?? at -500, that's fantastic value
    You do realize if you truly believe that you can just bet the ML and parlay it. Sorry if someone else have brought it up just ddint want to go through all 3 pages. Your units will just need to be a lot less than your units for spreads. but if you truly believe that spurs lose only once, you can make a killing just betting the ML. the only good part about parlays is the extra little bit you get by having both teams winning, which unless you pick your spots really really well, is not profitable. if you are just good enough at spotting game favorite MLs will be good (if you truly believe in those odds). but i think a lot of people in this forum will let you know that favorite ml's are money losers. there is a reason for that a parlaying them don't help.

pimp s.b.n
    pimp s.b.n's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami on fire

Pride
    rally rally rally

Quote Originally Posted by lolbear View Post
    You do realize if you truly believe that you can just bet the ML and parlay it. Sorry if someone else have brought it up just ddint want to go through all 3 pages. Your units will just need to be a lot less than your units for spreads. but if you truly believe that spurs lose only once, you can make a killing just betting the ML. the only good part about parlays is the extra little bit you get by having both teams winning, which unless you pick your spots really really well, is not profitable. if you are just good enough at spotting game favorite MLs will be good (if you truly believe in those odds). but i think a lot of people in this forum will let you know that favorite ml's are money losers. there is a reason for that a parlaying them don't help.
    what the fuk is this garbage.

this method simply requires discipline and the ability to use some intelligence in hedging plays. not too hard to parlay heavy favorites and then throw a little hedge on the last leg or a leg you are worried about.

imo the reason this fails is because most of the degenerates on here have absolutely no discipline when betting.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I'm glad to see this thread is still going, and thanks to Brahma for starting it and all who have chimed in on both sides.

I guess it is different strokes for different folks, depending on what you are good at. I warned you guys that you would be given a lot of grief for using this strategy, but as long as your bankroll keeps growing I'm sure you can live with the naysayers. It really is interesting, though, at how people have different strengths and weaknesses, and different feels for different things. I use this "system" (for lack of a better term) in every sport except baseball, and I have never come close to having a down year on these plays. But I have had plenty of down years betting spreads. Heck, I have NEVER finished positive against the spread in the NFL for a season. Yes, I am that bad! But I always kill it in NFL ML parlays. I am great at picking winners and avoiding upsets in the NFL, but I blow chunks at guessing the score so I can't beat the spread to save my life. So I have to stick to what I'm good at.

There is a big difference between ML parlays and ML bets on a single game, and it isn't that the winnings rollover within the bet. It is that it mitigates risk. You are wagering less and multiple losses don't kill you. This provides great opportunity to take chances. Tonight for example, I liked the Knicks and Jazz, but wasn't sold on either of them. I thought both would win, but wouldn't have been surprised at all to see one or both lose. So I parlayed them together to win straight up, and the payout was +190. If both had lost, I would have only been out one unit instead of the 2.9 I would have had to pay to take them individually on the ML, or 2.2 to take them with the spread. Some will say, "Jive you dummy, if you had bet to win one unit on both games you would have made out slightly better." True, but the point is I wouldn't have taken that chance because I wasn't that confident! Parlays enable you the take some chances, and if you pick your spots you will be right more often than not.

Pride hit the nail on the head with the closing line of his previous post when he said the reason this fails for some is because they don't use discipline. You have to be smart in mixing these things together. You don't take games you are 90% sure of and match them up with games you are 52% sure of. That is a recipe for disaster. Put your most confident games together, and put those you just have hunches about together.

The key, as Brahma, Shrink, and others have said is to be smart and pick your spots wisely. This means you don't take a handful of teams you are very confident in tomorrow and throw Marquette in with them! Save Marquette and play them with BYU or the Grizzlies if you like those games, for instance. But make your primary plays following the ideas that Brahma has set forth. That will keep your bankroll growing.

I would think after so many awful point spread beats that people wouldn't be quick to poop on this idea. How many people do you think lost 10 years off their life watching the Titans score with no time on the clock Thursday night? Not me, because I didn't give a crap since I had the Colts ML in a parlay. Despite all the incessant cries of fixes by players, I can tell you that, as Herm Edwards famously said, "They play to win the game." They don't play to cover the spread.

If you swear off the use of WISE ML parlays as part of your sports investing portfolio, you are leaving money on the table. You are making a mistake if you avoid the smart use of this strategy, just as you make a mistake by avoiding the right plays against the spread. Just be disciplined and don't try to use it a strategy to make your bankroll explode overnight. Those dreams will cause you to take teams you have no business taking, and in the end your butt will be toast, as Pride pointed out above.

Also you can set up great hedging opportunities by spacing out the games in a parlay. It is nice to have the Lakers at home against the Wolves to close out a parlay with all other legs sitting in the clubhouse as winners. You then can take Minnesota for a small wager on the ML and lock in a profit, or you can take Minnesota plus the points and have a chance to win both the parlay and a straight bet if the Lakers win but don't cover. You just have to be smart about when to use that strategy, as well.

Geez, I didn't mean to ramble. Sorry guys. But I will close by saying that I have been doing this a very long time, and anyone trying to tell me that it doesn't work is wasting their time. I've seen it work for years when done properly.
    Last edited by Jive; 12-11-10 at 03:01 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pride

BookiesBernanke

Good Post!

Pride
    rally rally rally

Jive, you summed up everything I would have wanted to post and more. This is a great opportunity when applied properly.

Oh one great parlay booster is using NHL totals and buying up to the maximum for the under (or the over in some cases). On 5dimes you can move the total by one goal so if you take the under 5.5 and move it to under 6.5 the juice is around -220 and very rarely do games hit 7 goals. Just something you guys might be interested in when looking for something to boost a parlay to +odds.

Just remember that the NHL can be wildly unpredictable so just do your homework and it should be fine.

For the NBA I am going to stay away from buying points on totals since they are not worth the risk to throw in a parlay when the spreads are a hell of a lot sharper. Much better to buy a bunch of points on the spread.
    Last edited by Pride; 12-11-10 at 03:46 AM.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday, Dec 11
    Some friends of mine and I made a big pile of money using this approach in years past in both NBA and NCAAB. We used to run a thread here on SBR but we all faded away at some point. I'm up early today feeding the squirrels.

Here is one I like today:
    +120 $1000 to win $1200
    Chicago -500
    Detroit 1H -120

BookiesBernanke

Today I am going to try to take the top 2-3 ML games from NBA, NFL, NCAA
    Here is my 8 team ML Parlay
    I realize this is way over-the-top, but I am just throwing one hail mary bet for the weekend

Dallas ML (NBA)
    Chicago ML (NBA)
    Pitt ML (NCAA)
    Kansas St ML (NCAA)
    S Carolina ML (NCAA)
    Falcons ML (NFL)
    Pittsburgh ML (NFL)
    Phil Eagles ML (NFL)

Bet $25 Win $197
    Last edited by BookiesBernanke; 12-11-10 at 08:09 AM.

brahmabull117

Bulls ML and Miami ML is money today

no way in hell with either team lose

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

my issue you with that

I just have a problem betting 100 to win 20 or betting 1,000 to win 200 which is something like that parlay will pay. Is it better to find a third team?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I just have a problem betting 100 to win 20 or betting 1,000 to win 200 which is something like that parlay will pay. Is it better to find a third team?
    that parlay will actually pay you 50 bucks for 100 dollars you bet, which is very respectable considering the chance of the kings or timberwolves winning tonight is about 1%

as far as a third team, the rockets have won 4 straight at home and cleveland has lost 7 straight road games by an average of 15+ points

looks like a pretty safe bet, but the Rockets are not a great team and they did play last night so I dunno...

riskyProps

Although the Timberwolves might look like easy picking, they have an explosive offence that can initially blow past any team in the NBA. They almost always fade later but there is no way to tell if this is the game they don't.

The Kings do look like easy pickings as well. But this is the NBA where amazing happens. Or do you feel confident enough to bet half of your bankroll on that game?

On the other hand, I'll probably be betting a Heat ML parley as well, and heavy!

BookiesBernanke

that parlay will actually pay you 50 bucks for 100 dollars you bet, which is very respectable considering the chance of the kings or timberwolves winning tonight is about 1%

as far as a third team, the rockets have won 4 straight at home and cleveland has lost 7 straight road games by an average of 15+ points

looks like a pretty safe bet, but the Rockets are not a great team and they did play last night so I dunno...
    You also dont have to bet NBA

There are some good ML NCAA games

There is also a few NFL games

Shouldnt be too hard to find a 3rd game that you like

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    You also dont have to bet NBA There are some good ML NCAA games There is also a few NFL games Shouldnt be too hard to find a 3rd game that you like

if you wanna bet on the NFL, there are 4 near locks

New Orleans facing the Saints who are missing 2 of their top 3 cornerbacks (brees will buttrape that team)

Atlanta facing Carolina
    Green Bay At Detroit
    Steelers at home vs the Bungals

all 4 of those picks are near guarantees and will pay you +300 odds

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Depends on Parlay size. 3 Team NBA ML Parlays you can hit consistently, but when your pushing it to 5 teams its dicey. Usually an upset every night in the NBA.

syy211
    Yankees
    syy211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BOL today for everyone

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan2212 View Post
    Depends on Parlay size. 3 Team NBA ML Parlays you can hit consistently, but when your pushing it to 5 teams its dicey. Usually an upset every night in the NBA.
    no, there isn't

look at the last 20 days of the NBA. Find me 1 game that looked like a sure thing but ended up being a loss

jolmscheid

Today I got Miami - OH / W. Kentucky / Bulls in a parlay...will hedge if first 2 legs win

Already locked in a profit as I had Spurs / Michigan / Chargers yesterday...so already hedged with Chiefs ML

So do you think it is always better to do 3-teamers and hedge in profit?? Or stick to 2-teamers?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Looks like this could be pretty profitable. Just doing NBA right now, I went back from Dec 1-Now and using SBRodds I looked when teams are -7 or greater and see if they won the game. They are 34-2 SU, and only had two days where the parlays of those teams would have lost. I think I'm going to go back through November's schedule and do the same thing to see what I come up with. I might start doing this starting tonight. Going to look at NFL as well

jolmscheid

That sounds good ... can you look at HOME FAVS????????????

First 123456 ... Last