DirtyCurtDCN8
    DirtyCurtDCN8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirty's 1st Quarter Bets

Hey guys. Long time lurker here... Much thanks to Sweetjones, lakerboy, lyon, and laker_crazy and a few others around here. I've been tailing you guys for awhile and have made profit SO THANK YOU

But anyways, I've been betting with a local guy for a couple years now and I have been most successful betting 1st quarters. Then I usually get myself in trouble by betting 2nd halfs and NFL which always kills me.

So here I will post my plays and reasonings for 1st quarter plays, spreads as well as over/unders that I like. Please comment and discuss and with time we can all profit . I will keep record of everything. Lines are from Pinny

I will post tonights picks closer to game time. BOL everyone

DirtyCurtDCN8

For tonight I am staying away from the Heat game in the 1st Q. I think Cavs will come out energized and the Heat will take some time to settle their emotions, but I just can't be certain. Don't feel comfortable enough with it cause a part of me could see the Cavs being too fired up and adrenaline pumping a little too much.

BUT

Golden State Warriors -.5 VS Suns 1Q

Loving Golden State here. They have been struggling and there is no better way to get back on track than to be playing at home against a team that refuses to play defense. They will come out hungry knowing that the Suns don't play defense and want to light up the scoreboard. Lee is back and him and Biedrins are going to dominate the Suns on the boards without Lopez. Energy will be high in the 1st and I expect some offensive rebound putbacks for the Warriors. After the first i think things will settle down a little bit and the Suns will make a 2nd quarter run, but Golden State is going to come out and get a lead in the first. Like I said, they've been struggling lately and they know they can't get down early and let those familiar feelings of losing creep into their heads. Feeling really confident with this.

LETS DO THIS THANG

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

Love this play, was going to make it myself. Phx 1q on the road is much worse than at home. Only concern is that PHX is struggling just as much as GSW and are stressing defense, and am worried that they would be motivated.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...teve-nash.html

DirtyCurtDCN8

I think Suns will be motivated but it wont be enough. They can't just flip on the defensive light switch. Golden State has matchup problems for Phoenix down low big time. I know they don't post up much, but I think they are gonna kill on the boards, especially in the 1st when adrenaline will be flowing at home.

DirtyCurtDCN8

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCurtDCN8 View Post

Golden State Warriors -.5 VS Suns 1Q

Loving Golden State here. They have been struggling and there is no better way to get back on track than to be playing at home against a team that refuses to play defense. They will come out hungry knowing that the Suns don't play defense and want to light up the scoreboard. Lee is back and him and Biedrins are going to dominate the Suns on the boards without Lopez. Energy will be high in the 1st and I expect some offensive rebound putbacks for the Warriors. After the first i think things will settle down a little bit and the Suns will make a 2nd quarter run, but Golden State is going to come out and get a lead in the first. Like I said, they've been struggling lately and they know they can't get down early and let those familiar feelings of losing creep into their heads. Feeling really confident with this.

LOSS. Warriors came out and completely shit the bed at home, 31-20 1str quarter for the suns

I hit two 1stQ bets last night, the 76ers and the under Didn't have time to post it though.

Here is what I like for tonight!

Bucks -1 VS Magic

Magic could have a ton of guys out. Sounds like the flu is running through the team right now. They beat Detroit the other night, but the Pistons are terrible and I don't want to look too much into that game. I like the Bucks to come out strong in the 1stQ, at home, without Dwight lurking in the paint. I'll probably bet the bucks for the game, but I am more confident in the 1st Q. Magic are gonna come out groggy in this one.

Hawks @ Heat Under 49

With Joe Johnson out, I think Atlanta is really gonna struggle to score points. They don't have a lot of great scorers in my opinion, a lot of one dimensional guys. Heat haven't been able to run at all this season, and we all know Bibby isn't gonna push the tempo. I see a slow, half court type of 1stQ. The Heat do play good defense and I'm not worried about Horford doing much against Bosh. I don't see atlanta scoring 20 in the first. I think we'll see something like 24-19 Heat. Loving the under for the entire game as well, lot of good info from SJ that makes me believe this one is gonna be low scoring.

Biggest play of my night for 1Q will be.... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*

Rockets @ Bulls Under 51

Both teams are going back to backs here... Rockets coming from Memphis and Bulls coming off a loss at the hands of Boston. Really loving the under here. I've been watching Chicago these last two games and their offense looks really bad right now with Boozer coming back. He's pressing and is definetly rusty. It's gonna take awhile for everyone to gel with him on the court. Until the Bulls improve with Boozer on the floor, I am fading them and taking their unders, and coming off a back to back I think both teams are gonna come out with a slower pace and then pick it up in the 2nd to pace themselves a little bit.

On the year: 0-1

DirtyCurtDCN8

Here is what I like for tonight!

Bucks -1 VS Magic
    WINNER
    Bucks cover easily with a 24-16 Q

Hawks @ Heat Under 49
    WINNER
    Covers easily. 26-15 Heat after 1 for a total of 41.

Biggest play of my night for 1Q will be.... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*
    Rockets @ Bulls Under 51
    WINNER
    Scoring picked up towards the end a little but finished 25-23 Bulls for a total of 48

3-0 tonight
    Last edited by DirtyCurtDCN8; 12-04-10 at 08:25 PM.

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

also on the bucks...nice thread man and good luck

4:57pm 4-Dec-104-Dec-10Basketball
    1Q HandicapOrlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (-1) for 1st Quarter. 1.833
    Last edited by raiders510; 12-04-10 at 08:25 PM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Wow, Nice work.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Keep it up, I love 1Q bets

DirtyCurtDCN8

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Keep it up, I love 1Q bets
    Me too, love betting unders in the 1stQ too

DirtyCurtDCN8

Just got back to my house so I'm posting this a minute before game time, but I like

Cavs VS Pistons Under 49 1stQ

DirtyCurtDCN8

Just got back to my house so I'm posting this a minute before game time, but I like

Cavs VS Pistons Under 49 1stQ
    WINNER

The 1stQ finished at 24-19 Cavs for a total of 43

1-0 for the day...Only play I really like today, hope we are all makin $$$

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Nice call man!

DirtyCurtDCN8

After looking at some things, I added another play for today.

Clippers @ Blazers Over 49 1st Q

I was a little hesitant at first. I usually go Under when shitty teams go on the road, BUT Clippers are coming off a high scoring loss VS the Nuggets that they feel like they should have won. Denver went to the foul line like 55 times and Clips come out strong a lot but then lose it in the 2nd half so I like them to compete with Portland and put up some buckets early on... Portland just had a BRUTAL road trip and have lost 6 in a row. Both teams have had a day of rest, and I think Portland is ecstatic to finally be back home VS a crappy team. I expect them to come out in the 1st with a fire under them, feeling comfortable on their home court. Clips are 5th in the NBA in scoring in the 1stQ at 26.1 and are averaging 25.8 on the road in the 1st. Blazers are averaging 25.4 in the 1st at home.

I think it will be very close, but I am thinking 26-24 Blazers at the end of 1. BOL

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

After looking at some things, I added another play for today.

Clippers @ Blazers Over 49 1st Q

I was a little hesitant at first. I usually go Under when shitty teams go on the road, BUT Clippers are coming off a high scoring loss VS the Nuggets that they feel like they should have won. Denver went to the foul line like 55 times and Clips come out strong a lot but then lose it in the 2nd half so I like them to compete with Portland and put up some buckets early on... Portland just had a BRUTAL road trip and have lost 6 in a row. Both teams have had a day of rest, and I think Portland is ecstatic to finally be back home VS a crappy team. I expect them to come out in the 1st with a fire under them, feeling comfortable on their home court. Clips are 5th in the NBA in scoring in the 1stQ at 26.1 and are averaging 25.8 on the road in the 1st. Blazers are averaging 25.4 in the 1st at home.

I think it will be very close, but I am thinking 26-24 Blazers at the end of 1. BOL
    Why play an OVER that you think is going to hit by 1 point?