Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Updated stats:

Tonight: 1-0 bet games for +.9 units. 3-2-1 all games.
    Totals: 39-33-1 bet games for +11.2 units. 113-110-4 all games.

Deep_Rest

OK here we go with today's games!

Betting summary: NY, DAL, ATL, LAL, 1 unit.

MIL@MIA(-10): This is game 1 in a two game series which will conclude on the 7th @MIL. I don't have much of preference in this game, but I have a feeling MIL wins straight up on the 7th. They've embarrassed some big hitters this year, beating Dallas twice and the Lakers once both times while undermanned. I'm going to use tonight as an indicator to determine how much I bet on the Bucks on Friday. In the off chance MIL actually wins tonight, then I'll play the Heat revenge factor and no-action it on Friday. I suppose best case scenario for me tonight is to see a MIA slaughter to get an inflated line for Friday so I'll roll with that. 0 units MIA.

SA@NY(+5.5): I think this line is off by a few points. It should be NY +2. First off, NY is hanging with the big boys this year after that embarrassing loss @CLE, they've faced OKC, CHI, @MIA, @ORL, IND. Those are pretty good teams. They won the 3 home games, while losing the two road games. The road games were surprisingly close, though and were against two title contenders. Even though SA has the best record in the league, I think they are overrated. They are due for a loss (or at least a no-cover!) and I say it comes tonight. Let's look at the Spurs last win Jan. 1st vs OKC: Duncan shoots 10/15, Blair 6/13, Parker 7/10. I don't think they shoot this well 2 games in a row. SA is on a 3C streak, while NY is on a 2NC streak–ripe opportunity for an equalizer game. Gallinari is out which hurts, but I don't think he's that essential to the overall functionality of the team. Even with my selling of NY, SA is still an elite team so tread cautiously! 1 unit NY.

TOR@CHI(-9): No preference. 0 units CHI.

OKC@MEM(+2): Two wildly inconsistent teams. OKC is a better team, but MEM can blow open a game on any given night, or lay an egg. Stay away from this game! 0 units OKC.

POR@DAL(-3): This is the first in a small road trip for POR. They are coming off two very nice wins against UTAH and HOU winning by more than 10 points each game. This is a good position for Dallas to let people know that they are for real. Minus Dirk and Butler, Marion seems to have stepped up. He's a solid veteran and I think he leads the Mavs to victory again. 1 unit DAL.

ATL@SAC(+5): SAC has covered their last 3 games but ATL has won their past 5 games against SAC. ATL is 10-9 on the road and vastly superior. SAC comes down to Earth in this one. 1 unit ATL.

DET@LAL(-12): I think too many people are underestimating LAL after they took this past week off. The past loss to MEM felt like a "last straw" type of game. The Lakers are going to be pissed and win this one by 20+. You know I don't bet on/against the Lakers, but this is a rare good spot. 1 unit LAL.

Deep_Rest

Tonight wasn't technically a chicken dinner because of a push, but close enough

Tonight: 3-0-1 bet games for +2.8 units (2 -105 vig games), 5-1-1 all games.
    Totals: 42-33-2 bet games for +13.9 units, 118-111-5 all games this season.

Haven't lost a game in 3 days! Hopefully we keep it going!

Deep_Rest

Jan. 5

Betting summary: LAC, 1 unit. WAS, NJ, 3 units.

WAS@PHI(-7.5): I got this one in early last night and it has since moved to -6.5. As I've posted in a few threads, I think tonight is when WAS gets their first away win of the season. PHI had a pretty nice December covering a massive amount of spreads (they are now 22-11-1 ATS). But the fact of the matter is they are still 13-21 overall. Would you really give a team winning 40% 7.5 points? And I'm not even mentioning that Andre Iguodala, the best player on the 76ers, will be out. Also, WAS has won its last 5 games against PHI, including 2 overtime wins this season. Sign me up! 3 units WAS.

MIL@ORL(-12): Not betting this game but I will react to how well MIL does tonight for their game on Friday vs MIA. Hopefully it's an ORL blowout and MIL snaps back after a day of rest to beat LeBron and Co. as said in my post yesterday. 0 units ORL.

CHI@NJ(+5): Chicago has been nice vs the spread this year, going 19-13-1. They are also on a 5 game winning streak, but look at the teams they beat: @DET, MIL, NJ, CLE, TOR. Not very good teams if you ask me. They beat NJ by 9 on their home turf so if you shave off a couple points because of homecourt advantage and factor in b2b and consider that Luol Deng had to carry the team last night, I'm liking NJ's chances in this spot. NJ comes out hot and doesn't let up. 3 units NJ.

TOR@CLE(-2): No preference. 0 units TOR.

SA@BOS(-2.5): Everybody seems to be on SA tonight after watching Pops pull his starters late in the 2nd half last night. Everybody is buying Rondo isn't 100%, KG is out, etc. SA in a revenge game after getting embarrassed in NY. Look, these are the freakin Celtics we're talking about, people! The same Celtics that are 14-2 at home! Also, coaches tend to prepare for these types of games well in advance so this one is a tossup in my opinion. No way I'm touching this one. THE GAMES YOU DON'T BET AS JUST AS VALUABLE AS THE ONES YOU DO. 0 units BOS.

GS@NO(-6.5): GS has to be sick of playing against defensive minded teams–losing @MIA then @ORL and now they're playing @NO tonight. Something tells me they get it together tonight, but they are in a middle of a pretty long road trip so I'm staying away. 0 units GS.

CHA@MIN(-6): MIN is the team that has made me the most money this year, but giving them 6 points makes me uneasy. I'm staying away. 0 units MIN.

POR@HOU(-5.5): No preference on this game. Vegas is too sharp on the Rockets, pushing 2 of their last 3 games. Hometeam dominant in this series. LaMarcus Aldridge cools off tonight. 0 units HOU.

ATL@UTAH(-6): This line is deadeye in my opinion. 0 units UTAH.

DEN@LAC(+3.5): Denver is on a nice 4-game run but I think it comes to an end tonight at Staples. Blake Griffin will not only have a double double, he will have a legendary night. Defense won't be played in this game. I'm gonna say LAC 115-DEN 107. 1 unit LAC.

LAL@PHX(+4): Reverting back to no-betting on the Lakers. I think last night was more of an adrenaline shot rather than fixing the larger problems with the team, so I'll sadly side with PHX tonight. 0 units PHX.

There you have it! Bad teams rule tonight!

Deep_Rest

I get the feeling a lot of people lost money tonight, so I'm glad to have escaped with +.6 units! 4 winning days in a row...

Tonight: 2-1 bet games for +.6 units. 4-6-1 all games.
    Winners NJ+5 3U, LAC+3.5 1U Losers WAS+7.5 3U.
    Totals: 44-34-2 bet games for +14.5 units. 122-117-6 all games.

Deep_Rest

Got a lot of units out for tonight. Probably gonna lose all my money.

Betting Summary: HOU, 1 unit. MIN, NY, 3 units. UTAH, 5 units.

NJ@WAS(-5): Both of these teams make too many mistakes. WAS is one of my worst teams this year...giving me a nice profit of around -8 units. WAS is my lean, but I think I've learned to stay away from them. 0 units WAS.

SA@IND(+5.5): The last two games @IND vs SA have been decided by 5 and 3 points. IND has been on a monster break and haven't played a game since Jan. 2. This is a double edged sword. They will either be incredibly focused, or out of whack due to the long break. I think the long break increases the variance in this game. Additionally, Tony Parker is listed as questionable today with "virus". The whole team runs through Parker, so if there's even a chance he can't go tonight, I'm out. 0 units IND.

CHI@PHI(+1.5): I think this game is trap city tonight. Philly is still clicking as a team, even without Iguodala and it's becoming more evident that Jrue Holiday (UCLA!) is the face of the team. There's no denying that CHI is the better team, though. It will be the momentum of PHI vs the talent of CHI. Both of these teams are very good ATS so it's hard to choose sides. According to Covers, 94% of the population is on CHI vs the spread and the line isn't moving much. I'm sure that's an inaccurate number, but I still think CHI is a crowded bet. I haven't seen such a skewed line since DEN -2@CHA and if you'll recall, CHA owned that game. 0 units CHI.

TOR@BOS(-9.5): This is the last meeting between these two teams this year (barring TOR being in the playoffs). I think TOR is desperate to split the series and will thus cover the large spread. However, betting against Boston in the Garden is always a risky proposition. 0 units TOR.

HOU@ORL(-9.5): HOU hasn't won vs the spread since 12/22 of last year! Since then they have gone 4NC and 2 Push. On the other hand, it's sort of amazing that even though ORL just had a 6-game covering streak, they are still 14-19-1 ATS. Kevin Martin had a huge 45-point effort in HOU's latest loss. I think that is a good wake up call for the rest of the team to get it together. I'm expecting a lot of 3-balls from both teams tonight. 1 unit HOU.

UTAH@MEM(-2): There are some non-mathematical factors in this game which I am putting tons of stock into. 1. UTAH was just embarrassed @home vs ATL. 2. OJ Mayo and Tony Allen's confrontation will have spread instability throughout the entire team. You are either going to be on Mayo's side, or Allen's side and the team will be divided because of it. There's no way the coach can convince his team to come out in full force tonight to face the angry Jazz. Will Mayo have a black eye because of his "bronchitis"? There was also an article in the Salt Lake City newspaper criticiszing the Jazz's lack of effort. That might spark them tonight. This is also a system play for me: a team with over a .666 (24-12) winning percentage and over a .500 road game percentage (11-5) is an underdog to a sub .500 team (16-19) with less than a .666 home game percentage (10-6). As you can see, this game fits 3/4 categories and tying the 4th. Couple that with the aforementioned factors and we have a huge game here. The only things preventing this from being a 10 unit game is it doesn't completely fit that system...and Paul Millsap isn't 100% but I think he'll play, so we'll keep it at 5 units. 5 units UTAH.

POR@MIN(+2.5): The only reason why MIN is an underdog in this situation is because POR has won at least their last 10 vs MIN. For whatever reason, POR owns MIN. However, I like MIN in this situation. POR will be traveling home after tonight back to the Rose Garden to face the Heat on Sunday. They might be overlooking this game. LaMarcus Aldridge has been on fire the last 3 games, but tonight he gets stuffed by Kevin Love. 3 units MIN.

MIA@MIL(+7.5): Thanks to that dumb 2-point cover vs ORL, this play for me is done. I was expecting the spread to be +9 and above but it isn't so I'm staying away. 0 units MIL.

NY@PHX(-2.5): This game seems like a gift to me. PHX hasn't been the same since the trade and NY just offed the Spurs. NY is a decent road team so I look for that to continue. This is also a homecoming for NY's coach...he knows a few things about PHX. This is a crowded bet though so I think I may be missing something in this game. It can't be this easy. 3 units NY.

CLE@GS(-10): I don't even know the starters for the Cavs anymore...nor do I care. GS is coming back from a road trip and I think they roll here. GS just went up against MIA, ORL then NO and actually beat NO so facing CLE will be like wrestling with cats after wrestling a bear. 0 units GS.

NO@LAL(-8): Lakers still unbettable but they did destroy @NO this year. 0 units LAL.

Deep_Rest

Yesterday was pretty awful -6.7 U on the day.
    Totals: 45-37-2 +7.8U. 127-123-6 all games.
    Cut my profit nearly in half

Oh well the past is the past.

Betting summary: 1 unit DET, ORL.

WAS@CHA(-4): I think there's some value to betting CHA in this game. As we all know, WAS hasn't won an away game while CHA has won handily in this series. In this season, the series is split 1-1, both games played @WAS. The thing that is putting me off this game is injuries. Gerald Wallace has been injured for awhile, Stephen Jackson, the only player of note on CHA, isn't 100% but should play. WAS just destroyed NJ last night. They play OK at home, but as evidenced by their last away game @PHI when they were 7.5 dogs, they break down on the road. I've been burned by both of these teams all year so I'm staying away. 0 units CHA.

MIL@NJ(-1): Under normal circumstances, this would be a must-bet on MIL, however there are two factors to take into consideration. 1, MIL just played an exhausting and emotionally draining game against the Heat. 2, NJ just got smashed @WAS last night. 3, Devin Harris, NJ's best player, took a pretty big hit yesterday and exited the game. Will he be OK? I think the public is thinking "well MIL is going to play lackluster because of their loss last night while NJ will come out on a mission since they got destroyed last night". Vegas is all over that mentality which is why the line is so tempting to take NJ. With a questionable Devin Harris, I can't bet this game. 0 units NJ.

IND@ATL(-7): ATL has dominated this series, IND is coming off back to back, but the spread is too high. 0 units IND.

PHI@DET(-1.5): DET's last game was a disaster at Staples where they lost 83-108 to the Lakers. Their last 3-game road trip went 0-3. However, at home, they beat the Celtics, lost in OT (covering) vs the Bulls, and won in OT vs NO. DET plays pretty tight at home, and I think they come out fast. Still, PHI are covering machines so I wouldn't put too much stock into this game. 1 unit DET.

BOS@CHI(-2): I'm combing these threads and I see lots of people jumping on the CHI train. Now look, I've been NFL handicapping around 5+ years now and I've learned a few things: NEVER bet against the Patriots or Steelers when they are underdogs. I think this is a similar situation regarding the Celtics. Trust me, I want them to lose, but the fact of the matter is whenever they want to win a game, they will win it. I think CHI will win this game, but it will be a sweat coming down to the wire. 0 units CHI.

MEM@OKC(-7): Both MEM and OKC are playing well as of late. I'm staying away because MEM has to run out of steam one of these days and both teams are inconsistent. 0 units MEM.

UTAH@HOU(-1): I would really like to pound HOU in this game, but I refuse to believe UTAH is as bad as they are. They cost me 5U's last night and committed probably 25+ turnovers against MEM. Now they are playing a HOU team that just lost big to ORL. I won't bet this game since I'm probably tilting over last night. 0 units HOU.

ORL@DAL(+5.5): Strangely enough, the away team has been dominant in this series. Dallas has put up 2 valiant efforts vs OKC and POR, but this is where they hit the wall due to no-Nowitski and Butler syndrome. I'm on this one late because I fell asleep early last night, but I still think it's good. I won't go high though because ORL is flying from Fla to Texas overnight. 1 unit ORL.

Well I'm only betting 2 units tonight. I'm glad I'm not tilted and betting everything! BOL!

Deep_Rest

I only bet 2 units total so this doesn't really qualify as a chicken dinner. But since I went 2-0 chicken nuggets will suffice Lucky win in Detroit!

Tonight: 2-0 bet games for +1.8U. 4-4 all games.
    Totals: 47-37-2 bet games for +9.6U. 131-127-6 all games this season.

Deep_Rest

Not much time today so I'll be brief.

Betting summary: POR 1U, DEN 3U

Other picks: TOR, GS, SA, PHX, NY.

BOL!

Deep_Rest

adding 1U GS. Stephen Curry is most likely playing and I think GS fast pace game will overwhelm the Clipshow. Griffin still has a monster game.

Deep_Rest

I'm hittin the wall! -5 U last night PLUS UCLA lost

47-40-2 bet games for +4.6U. 132-134-6 all games.

MEM@CHA(+2.5): This is a strange line in my opinion. On one side, both Mohammed and Wallace will be out today so I don't see CHA being able to contain Randolph and Gasol. On the other, revenge factor for CHA since they were destroyed earlier this season and they have just come off a solid win vs WAS. I like CHA in this spot but I won't bet since they are severely undermanned. 0 units CHA.

HOU@BOS(-8.5): The away team has been winning this series the last two seasons. Both teams are nearly the same as they were two seasons ago so this is very useful information. The only significant differences are the arrival of Kevin Martin which goes in HOU's favor. Then on the Celtics side, we have the addition of Shaq, which isn't THAT big of a deal, the emergence of Rondo as an elite PG which IS a big deal, and the probability that Kevin Garnett will be out which is also very important. I think these alterations work in favor of HOU since KG is such a huge part of that team. Here's where it gets interesting...the Celtics are currently beginning a 6-game homestand tonight. The first three games are against HOU, SAC, and CHA. In theory, these should be three easy victories, but look at who they play on the 17th...ORL. They could be looking ahead this game and I GUARANTEE they don't cover all three of these games. Of course, I expect the Celtics to win all 3, but they will most likely be 9-14 point spreads and it's tough to go 3-0 ATS with such large numbers. So after this spiel, I'm supposed to go large on HOU, right? Well, I certainly like them in this situation, but there's also another stat to consider–BOS is incredible ATS after a straight up loss. I'm going 1-unit on tonight only, but I'll be watching these next few BOS games closely. 1 unit HOU.

DET@CHI(-10): No leans on this game. 0 units DET.

COMEBACK STARTS TODAY. Also, GO OREGON!

Deep_Rest

Thank you Houston! I have a feeling lots of people lost money today ...but I didn't! Got some plays in store for tomorrow so I'm eager to see some lines!

Tonight 1-0 bet games for +.9 units, 2-1 all games
    Totals: 48-40-2 bet games for +5.5 units, 134-135-6 all games this season.

Deep_Rest

Jan. 11

Betting summary: MIN, DEN, CLE, 1 unit. MIL 10 units.

IND@PHI(-5.5): The two times these teams have met ended in blowouts for the home team. Iguodala is supposed to return tonight while Nocioni is questionable. I like Philly in this spot but there is too much roster movement for me. Of course adding Iguodala is an upgrade, but it may take a few games to get used to having him back. On the Pacers side of things, Tyler Hansbrough has been starting the last few games. I feel a little uneasy about this one because it seems like adding Tyler was a good move for IND. 0 units PHI.

MIL@ATL(-7.5): I'm going big on MIL for several reasons. MIL officially has the easiest schedule until playoffs and I think they come out on fire tonight. Both Bogut and Drew Gooden are supposed to be back tonight which will give a nice size boost to MIL. During this season, the away team has won both times. This will be a rare time when Maggette, Bogut, and Gooden all play in the same game. Scott Skiles is the better coach and I'm getting a 7.5 point lead? THIS IS IT GUYS! 10 units MIL.

SAC@WAS(-6.5): I think Vegas is adjusted to the "fade SAC/CLE" strategies and are giving WAS too many points. Both of these teams are terrible ATS so I'll side with the heavy underdog. 0 units SAC.

SA@MIN(+6.5): The games between these two teams have been unnaturally close this season. There are three factors that prevent me from going very big on this game though. 1. To my knowledge, SA hasn't NC'd 3 times in a row this year. 2. SA is a good road team. 3. Beasley is questionable. Why are these games so close? My theory starts with Kurt Rambis. During the early-mid 2000's the Spurs and Lakers were in a very tough rivalry. Phil Jackson vs. Pops. Who was the assistant coach for the Lakers? Rambis. He knows as much about Pops as Phil Jackson does which is why these games are so close. 1 unit MIN.

PHX@DEN(-4.5): I want to take DEN big so bad in this game but I can't. A starter, Afflalo is probably going to be out because he rolled his ankle a few days ago. DEN is also going through a lot of drama with trade rumors surrounding Carmelo and Chauncey. If both of these teams went 100% DEN would be a lock, but the effort is definitely missing on DEN as of late. 1 unit DEN.

NY@POR(-3.5): This is a popular game for tonight. POR and NY were both recently embarrassed, losing to MIA in OT, and getting crushed by LAL, respectively. That implies both of these teams will bring it tonight. NY is probably the more talented team, but the Rose Garden has mystical powers. I think they're dead evenly matched. I'll side with the dog in this situation, but zero confidence whatsoever. 0 units NY.

CLE@LAL(-15): I think this will be a classic overlook situation for the Lakers. If you've been following me, my #1 rule is I can't bet on/against the Lakers. I've broken this rule twice, both with wins, but have never bet AGAINST my precious Lakers. I think this is just about the ONLY opportunity I will get. I don't know who half the players on the Cavs are, but I think most of LAL's starters tonight won't exceed 25 minutes of gametime. Kobe and Gasol probably won't even break 20 minutes. Byron Scott, an ex-Laker, will want to go all out tonight and I think they surprisingly keep it close. LAL is probably looking ahead to their game @GS tomorrow. 1 unit CLE.

Deep_Rest

Corrections: Well my 10 unit play on MIL is now cancelled due to weather in the ATL area (stay safe, ATL!).

I'm also adding a Moneyline Parlay WAS, DEN 2U to win 2.1U

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

gl. dig your write-ups, couldn't find you for a minute, though. hahaha. anyways, likin philly and the under, but you're right. Hansborough could get some nice matchups there. he could also get dom'd by brand and hawes, though.

Den, too. GHill is a much bigger part of that team than most realise (he's still out, right?). And PHO is old and up in those rocky mountains. DEN should have no probs pullin away 2nd half.

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

jeezus... they are absolutely shredding philly in the paint. looks like i'm blown already on both philly bets.

Deep_Rest

MrShrink, hope you didn't lose too much today on Philly!

Anyways, today was a crazy day all 4 games I had money on were circuses.

SAC-WAS: blows an 8 point lead with under a minute left. Leads 20 at the end of 1Q then down 2 at halftime. Part of my ML parlay but I picked SAC to cover so double win for me :P
    SA-MIN: T-party (get it?). This game was out of control. I should have seen it coming. lose 1 unit
    PHX@DEN: This game wasn't really that crazy, but I was nervous after DEN's slow start. win .9 unit2nd part of my ML parlay.
    CLE@LAL: Why did I bet this game?! This was moronic on my part. Especially when I break my principle of not betting on/against the Lakers and I end up supporting a facade of a team. lose 1 unit

Tonight: 1-2 bet games for -1.1 units, 3-3 all games. Parlay for +2.1 units.
    Totals: 49-42-2 bet games for +6.5 units. 137-138-6 all games this season.

Deep_Rest

Big card today. Lots of home dogs. Lines are getting super sharp lately so TREAD CAUTIOUSLY!

Betting summary: IND, ORL, NY 1 unit, MEM 3 units, MIL 5 units.

ORL@NO(+3.5): I bet this last night so I'll list it first. New Orleans is impressive at home and especially good at producing turnovers. That puts extra pressure on Jameer Nelson to distribute the ball efficiently and keep it out of Chris Paul's hands! Jameer is a good player so I don't expect him to turn it over too much. In fact, I expect NO's defense to crumble. ORL is a dual threat team that can beat you from downtown (Reddick, Turkoglu, Richardson) or low (Howard). This will spread the staunch NO defense thin and will result in a high scoring affair for ORL...as long as they hit their shots. This bodes badly for NO which isn't a high scoring team. Dwight Howard, a superb defensive player, will most likely take both Okafor and West out of the equation and NO will have to rely on the perimeter jumper from Belinelli and Ariza. They both have nice shots at times, but they are streaky. The home team has won the last 4 games in this series, but this ORL team is riding a good momentum wave and is quite different from teams past with J-Rich and Arenas. I looooove this game, but betting too much on away favorites can be catastrophic to your bankroll. 1 unit ORL.

ATL@TOR(+4.5): ATL is playing good basketball right now, but Toronto seems to pull BS wins once in awhile. I don't like this spot for ATL. There are too many games to think about this one too long. 0 units ATL.

DAL@IND(-1.5): The line opened at DAL -1 and it is now IND -1.5 so it seems like the sharp money is on IND. DAL is an excellent road team, but how long are they going to be able to maintain elite status without Dirk? I'll tail the sharps on this one. 1 unit IND.

CHI@CHA(+4): CHA has pulled off some funky home wins vs pretty good teams like Denver and most recently Memphis. However, CHI is a grade above those two teams. Something still tells me CHA has a chance though so I'll stay away from this one. 0 units CHI.

MEM@DET(+2): DET has no chance in this game. Zach Randolph will go off tonight. Ben Wallace is out with a leg injury and he was their best defender. Charlie V and Tayshaun Prince are too small to deal with the likes of Randolph and Gasol. MEM has recently hit a 2-game skid after playing so well 2 weeks ago, and I think this is the type of game that gets them back on track. 3 units MEM.

SAC@BOS(-13): SAC is too undisciplined to win away games as exemplified by their should-have-won performance last night @WAS. Still, people are perma-fading SAC and CLE and I'm sure Vegas will catch up to those people someday soon. 0 units BOS.

SA@MIL(+3.5): This one is going to be a blowout...for MIL, that is! When Bogut and Maggette play together, I think they can overpower Duncan and Blair. Now, I won't be delusional, SA is definitely the better team, but MIL plays with a lot of guts and keeps it close vs elite teams. They lost by 2 points in San Antonio without Bogut and Maggette earlier this year, they also beat the Lakers @Staples, Mavs @DAL, and kept it close against the Heat two times (once going to OT). SA is coming off b2b and the Bucks have had tons of time to rest as they havent played since Jan. 8. Give me a slice of some Milwaukee pie! 5 units MIL.

OKC@HOU(+3.5): Mark my words: HOU is going to be in the playoff mix come April. I don't think they'll actually get in, but they will come within 3-4 games of the last seed. I think they are going to embark on a monster run when they are fully healthy (if they can get fully healthy). They just beat Boston @BOS and now they head home to face OKC. I actually got lucky betting HOU@BOS the other day because I wouldn't have bet it knowing Kevin Martin was out. Now I know he's out and I won't bet this game or the next few until they adjust to his injury or he comes back. 0 units HOU.

NY@UTAH(-6.5): If there's one team that always makes me nervous when I bet on them, it's UTAH (Denver is a close 2nd but they won for me last night so they're off the hook). They always start off so lethargic then turn it up in the 4th. That will definitely not work against NY who actually knows how to play a full 48 minutes. I am at a crossroads in this one: UTAH is actually the better team, but NY has more momentum. UTAH is playing uncharacteristically bad at home this year and giving 6.5 points is a lot so I'm taking NY in this position. 1 unit NY.

NJ@PHX(-6): This is by far the least interesting game on the menu tonight. No comment. 0 units PHX.

MIA@LAC(+7.5): I want the Clip show to embarrass LeBron so bad. My judgement is skewed on this game so I'm just going to watch it for entertainment value. 0 units LAC.

LAL@GS(+6): I'm so embarrassed I bet against the Lakers last night. That's what I get for being such a fool. Back to Laker-fan mode so I'm staying out of this game betting-wise. Monta Ellis is probable tonight but this new Laker defensive scheme seems to have worked last night. 0 units LAL.

Well, that's it! GLA!

Deep_Rest

Another crummy day, but this one was all my fault. I said the lines were getting sharper and I still throw down more than 10 units...I still felt the Bucks was the right play but owell. Another day more lost money.

Tonight: 3-2 bet games for -1.3 units. 5-7 all games.
    Totals: 52-44-2 bet games for +5.2 units. 142-145-6 all games this season.

Deep_Rest

1 unit OKC +1.5

Other two picks are MIN and MIA but I didn't want to bet those because of injuries to Beasley and Lebron.

Deep_Rest

Tonight 1-0 bet games for +.9 units. 2-1 all games
    Totals: 53-44-2 bet games for +6.1 units. 144-145-6 all games so far.

Gotta be smart tomorrow. No more messing around.

Deep_Rest

Big card tonight, but surprisingly I'm not seeing much. Let's start.

Betting summary: NY, POR, 1 unit. HOU, GS, 3 units.

DET@TOR(-5): I hope some people heeded my warning when I said TOR likes to pull out BS wins at home when they beat ATL the other night. Anyways, I was watching the MEM@DET game a couple days ago and DET looked pretty good despite losing. I like DET to cover in this position but they do play significantly better at home and this is an away game so I'm passing. 0 units DET.

MIL@PHI(-4.5): Well I dropped another 5 units to MIL the other night so now I'm down about 21 units to those guys. If MIL wins tonight by more than 15 points I'm going to give up on these guys completely. They always lose when I bet on them and win when I don't. I'm not betting them tonight so they'll probably crush the 76ers. 0 units MIL.

CHI@IND(+1): I think IND is the poor man's CHI. IND recently has beaten a beaten up DAL and @PHI. Not too impressive. CHI hasn't been impressive either with a recent loss @CHAR but CHI is still the better team. The thing that puts me off betting CHI is this is IND's last game in a homestand before they head to the West coast. Also, CHI is playing MIA tomorrow and it could be a classic case of overlook. 0 units CHI.

SAC@NY(-8.5): NY is returning home tonight to face the dreadful Kings. Normally after a big loss, I like the underdog to gain some respectability back, but not tonight. NY just came back from a loss to the Jazz and they will be looking for blood as they are within grasp of a long-awaited playoff appearance this year. SAC should see the return of Tyreke Evans tonight, but to be honest, he isn't playing at the level he should be. I like Amar'e and Co. to thoroughly dismantle SAC. 1 unit NY.

CHA@BOS(-8.5): No preference. 0 units CHA.

DAL@SA(-10): I have a very good feeling about this game but the problem for me lies in Tyson Chandler who is questionable with an illness. I mean come on, the Mavs are still a good team even without Dirk and Butler. Vegas is giving up 10 points in a rivalry game to the best road team? It's also facing the best home team, but still. I wish I could pull the trigger on this game but I can't since a starter might not play. 0 units DAL.

NO@HOU(-1.5): Like I've been saying for a few weeks...for the 2nd half of the season, HOU is going on a PHI or NY-type run of covering. They are finally healthy (minus Brad Miller) and they mean business. Kevin Martin is supposed to be back tonight while Bellineli for NO is doubtful. I feel good about this game, but NO has won the past 4 meetings between these two, including a blowout this season in HOU. I'll keep it relatively small. 3 units HOU.

CLE@UTAH(-14.5): No thanks. 0 units UTAH.

POR@PHX(PK): My lean is POR, but I don't know how the news that Brandon Roy will probably miss the rest of the season will sit with the team. Will it lower their confidence or will they play the same–since he's already missed a large chunk of time prior to his surgery? POR has taken two of the four games this season already and I think that trend continues. Grant Hill will probably be back tonight. I don't get why PHX isn't utilizing Pietrus he's a good role player but I guess he doesn't fit into the PHX style of basketball. I don't think Gortat and Carter realize this is a rivalry game and will play a typically. POR rolls here. 1 unit POR.

LAC@GS(-3.5): The Clippers have been on a heater the last few games, covering 3 in a row. I think this line should be around GS -6 but it is skewed since LAC took down MIA. GS also just lost a close game to LAL so they will be focused tonight. Even though LAC is on a tear, they are still an awful away team and haven't done anything except beat CHI a few weeks ago. 3 units GS.

NJ@LAL(-13): Vujacic's return to LA. I don't think it matters. NJ might keep it close though. 0 units NJ.

BOL!

Deep_Rest

OK well I'm back from a couple days off and am ready to resume with a bang. I am only doing my 10:00 AM games for now and will post the rest either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

PHX@NY(-6): This is a game that looks juicy to me. NY completely destroyed the Suns in Phoenix last game. This time, NY will be at home, off an embarrassing loss to SAC and Gallinari will probably be back in action as well to add some offense. Also take into consideration Mike D'Antoni knows the Suns system since he practically built it so he knows all the weaknesses of this team. Now lets analyze the Suns. They are coming off 2 straight wins at home, vs NJ and POR. The Portland win looks impressive until you see how well they shot. Grant Hill–9/14, Channing Frye–5/9, Robin Lopez–3/5, Vince Carter–6/12 Steve Nash–8/14. All of their starters shot 50% of greater and they only beat the Blazers by 4 (115-111)?!?! That is indicative of an overrated team in my book. Now lets look at the shooting from NY's pathetic loss to SAC. Wilson Chandler–4/14, Amar'e Stoudemire–6/22, Ronny Turiaf–1/3, Raymond Felton–2/15(OUCH!), Landry Fields–3/9. As you can see, all of NY's starters shot 33% of below. I guarantee this will not happen again. Also, if there's a team that actually plays LESS defense than SAC, it's probably PHX (or WAS) so I'm expecting NY to put up 125. PHX won't be able to keep pace. If this play doesn't fall through, I might just call it quits because this is what it's all about. I haven't felt this good about something in a long time. 10 units NY.

UTAH@WAS(+4.5): I'm beginning to think John Wall is a clown. His J is awful and his penetration doesn't seem as crisp as earlier this season. Nick Young seems to be the real building block of the Wizards. That being said, UTAH is still too risky to me. They appear to be lacking energy even though they did recently beat a good road team in the Knicks. I'm not sure if they are ready for this road trip. I'm giving a slight lean to WAS, but West vs. East matches usually favor the West, since we play a better brand of basketball .

CHI@MEM(OFF): I won't be up in time to see the odds on this game, but I'm blindly taking MEM. Boozer is most likely out tomorrow and that leaves the door open for Zach Randolph, who is on a tear. 0 units MEM.

That's it for now. I'll be back later or tomorrow. GO KNICKS!

Deep_Rest

Rest of my plays: ORL, POR 1 unit.

Other games: PHI, TOR, MIL, IND, DET, ATL, NJ, OKC. GL today!

GarbageMan
    On the phone....
    GarbageMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 951

What up deep, you still around?

First 123