chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Official I give up on the Lakers thread

i give

i hope it ends on tues night more than i hope christmas comes in dec and war ends in the world .
    if lakers win on tues celts get another crack in game 7 in bos . again the nba screws up in how they rigged the home/away finals series . the format should be a fair 2 - 2 - 1 -1 -1 . just a poor job all the way around no matter how i look at the finals as a whole . bos also was given extra rest before the game 5 tonight . same as they did with the spurs/hornets series . rest did not help la it helped bos .
    i give though . am done watching the great kobe and comp screw up my $ .
    bos def likes to cover the spread , so much for a never say die mentality for rivers and the bos players , sorry sacks of shit just give up knowing at least we cover . 2nd time they have done that in the 5 games thus far . weaker than weak .
    never say die does not exist because of vegas . cowards !

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

I think they should stick to the 2-2-1-1-1 format in the finals as well. Or go to the 2-3-2 through out the playoffs. Keep it one format through out.

Plus they should of kept the 1st round the best of 5.

hi-rez
    hi-rez's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you give up because the league screwed up the home/away series because it isn't fair, not because the lakers got outplayed? Boston got extra rest so the league must hate the lakers....

chipski

was 2nd time bos didn't foul with the game not out of reach . both in the 2 la wins .
    any kind of legitimate , fair game you would see a team never give up and keep fouling . we are talking about the nba finals , not just any game .
    the nba finals is more than special , some of these guys may never experience another one >> so you keep fouling , you never , ever ever ever ever give up .

when did you give up ? never >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> . you have eyes you saw it , was the same inboth games la won and failed to cover . bos saidf that shi! we got the cover , obviously coach rivers is not the CLEAN , real , true competitor BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION . not even close ..

picture yourself as the coach or as the player and it might be easier to truly see through what goes on >> you are a true baller , okay ? you are a true baller , you are about your game and are in the fricken nba . you are in the nba finals . okay ?
    YOU NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE UP , NOT A CHANCE , NO WAY . you extend the game ............. same lines apply to the coach . if at all realistic and a true game .
    is really not complicated at all . this the nba finals , not a reg season game .
    you are a real coach you always extend the game . if you are a real /honest/true player you do the same .

i give more effort in pickup games and never say die mentality then i see being displayed in the nba finals .
    why do you never say die ? because anything can happen . ask larry byrd and dennis jonnson , they could tell you best .
    Last edited by chipski; 06-16-08 at 12:07 AM.

chipski

who else could tell us about the success of the never say die mentality ? there are too many to name that occur daily 365 in sports ........................................ ........ how about the ncaab championship that just passed . that fricken game was way past over and who won ?

yeah i think everyone understands . if not you are lying to yourself .
    personally i dont lie . takes alot for me to reduce myself to ever lie about anything . lol what for ? no sense in it . unless you the 5 0 the fbi or any organization of bad interest ... haha

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that professional sports are about money so why would you be surprised if teams try to maximize profits (including working directly with Vegas). There's so much money there and at the end of the day this is all about money, at least to the owners.
    Last edited by fearless; 06-16-08 at 03:56 AM.

chipski

Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that professional sports are about money so why would you be surprised if teams try to maximize profits (including working directly with Vegas). There's so much money there and at the end of the day this is all about money, at least to the owners.
    i hear ya , but what is a little confusing is why there are sweeps in championships series alot as well ...

fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chipski View Post
    i hear ya , but what is a little confusing is why there are sweeps in championships series alot as well ...
    The Spurs swept Cleveland but how many games did they cover and how many of those games went over when they're a defensive team? There's a lot of angles to this.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Lakers won last night but still played bad defense and stupid fouls , If the lakers play like this on Tue it will be all over . I hate the new 2-3-2 series . Why change something that worked well 2-2-1-1-1

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Quote Originally Posted by chipski View Post
    Stop complaining, Celtics earn whatever good happens to them.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

here is who has shown up for up the nba finals:

pierce
    ray allen
    posey

thats it

chipski

sweep last year was simple and sweet

Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    The Spurs swept Cleveland but how many games did they cover and how many of those games went over when they're a defensive team? There's a lot of angles to this.
    here is what last years finals looked like in the 4 - 0 sweep
    i will leave the line jumping all around for the most part out of this as it never came into play in the ats cover or o/u ..

game 1 :
    cavs 76 at 85 spurs -7.5 o/u 180.5
    score by q went like this
    cavs 15 20 14 27
    spurs 20 20 24 21

game 2
    cavs 92 at 103 spurs -7 o/u 177 ,176.5 176 ,
    spurs were up 25 at halftime
    cavs 17 16 29 30
    spurs 28 30 31 14

game 3
    -1.5 spurs 75 at 72 cavs o/u 178.5

game 4 to close out the series
    -3 spurs 83 at 82 cavs o/u 176
    boxscore
    spurs 19 20 21 23
    cavs 20 14 18 30
    there was a meaningless 3 pter at the buzzer in the 2nd half to make the cavs -1 $ for the 2nd half ... lol

Last edited by chipski; 06-17-08 at 05:37 AM.