dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Closing Down Threads - WTF

Is it me, or are there threads closing down for, what appear to be, completely unexplainable reasons? One day they're driving 100k hits, the next day they're closed.

I don't claim to understand why, but would like to understand if I need to find an alternative to SBR because the threads that seem to always close are the ones where the handicapping is solid (more winners than losers). It's a big problem to me to have those threads down, because, after all, that's why we're all here - to find winners. Outside of the betpoints (mainly worthless), this place is nothing without the industry's best cappers on it.

Now, I'm sure there are regulatory/legal reasons around why they cannot provide full transparency, but I'm happy to take partial transparency. Anyone have answers?
    Last edited by dodgerblue; 11-24-10 at 02:51 PM.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

for ex. lyon and LB threads ?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

the sponsors aren't happy to see winning threads

dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

I count, Sportspicks3434, Sawyer, LB/Lyon, LakerCrazy.

All winning threads. Very, very suspicious...

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I count, Sportspicks3434, Sawyer, LB/Lyon, LakerCrazy.

All winning threads. Very, very suspicious...
    the 1st one is a confirmed tout, the 2nd is suspected. the last 2 listed are excellent posters of good information.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

I can't speak for the other threads, but our thread was closed because of "inflamed garbage" as Wille Bee's words. Wille Bee the moderator warned us the thread was going to be closed because of high volume of "inflamed garbage" Anyime a poster would troll the thread to insight people and the normal posters fired back is the explanation I got. Had we just allowed it they would have kept the thread. Wille Bee told me through PM with good behavior from individual threads of mine they may reopen the thread and merge it with the season long thread. It's SBR rules and this is there forum so I guess I have no other options rather than trust them at there word and move on. It is not a perfect system and I would do things differetly if in charge like weeding out about 10% of the posters here that ghost and troll, but they didn't ask me. I love the forum and most of the people here and would like to continue contributing and sharing and gaining information with all.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I can't speak for the other threads, but our thread was closed because of "inflamed garbage" as Wille Bee's words. Wille Bee the moderator warned us the thread was going to be closed because of high volume of "inflamed garbage" Anyime a poster would troll the thread to insight people and the normal posters fired back is the explanation I got. Had we just allowed it they would have kept the thread. Wille Bee told me through PM with good behavior from individual threads of mine they may reopen the thread and merge it with the season long thread. It's SBR rules and this is there forum so I guess I have no other options rather than trust them at there word and move on. It is not a perfect system and I would do things differetly if in charge like weeding out about 10% of the posters here that ghost and troll, but they didn't ask me. I love the forum and most of the people here and would like to continue contributing and sharing and gaining information with all.
    Makes sense. But why didn't they ban max, ronjon etc... the instigators? They sure as hell warned me through PM when I talked back to them for being haters, but why were they never punished? Punish those 2 or 3 guys and the thousands of other people don't have to be affected.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Because they have no interest on keeping winners here.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

them dang ole thread closers

BUDDAH
    Update your status
    BUDDAH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Makes sense. But why didn't they ban max, ronjon etc... the instigators? They sure as hell warned me through PM when I talked back to them for being haters, but why were they never punished? Punish those 2 or 3 guys and the thousands of other people don't have to be affected.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!! Punish the offenders, not everyone.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by empty cookie jar View Post
    them dang ole thread closers

This is the funniest ghost EVER.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post

Well, this is a business to SBR......... you feel in the blanks.

maxcraft
    maxcraft's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Well, this is a business to SBR......... you feel in the blanks.

You're saying that the moderators here are working with books..

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

SBR is a joke

jeeves
    jeeves's Avatar Become A Pro!

They don't close down winners, you conspiracy nut! SweetJones thread is still up, and it's probably been the most profitable! Lakerboy's thread was on a loosing streak and the posters were rioting, and Sawyers thread was creating havoc because he went tout and his cheap followers were upset.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

None would have to be closed down if they would "control the trolls". Since they don't, it's best to use the ignore feature sbr provides to control them yourself.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Is it me, or are there threads closing down for, what appear to be, completely unexplainable reasons? One day they're driving 100k hits, the next day they're closed. I don't claim to understand why, but would like to understand if I need to find an alternative to SBR because the threads that seem to always close are the ones where the handicapping is solid (more winners than losers). It's a big problem to me to have those threads down, because, after all, that's why we're all here - to find winners. Outside of the betpoints (mainly worthless), this place is nothing without the industry's best cappers on it. Now, I'm sure there are regulatory/legal reasons around why they cannot provide full transparency, but I'm happy to take partial transparency. Anyone have answers?
    You've summed up everything wrong with this forum. People coming here trying to find "winners".