Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

NBA Finals

If the Lakers wrap up their series against the Spurs this evening, there will be no NBA game on Saturday. Furthermore if the Celtics win their game against Detroit on Friday, there will be no game on Sunday, hence there will be no NBA game at all this weekend and that's not good for the league. Now is it possible that the finals could start as early as Sunday if the conference finals wrap up Friday? I don't think so as that would be much too early. Therefore I would think that either the Spurs will win outright tonight to have a game scheduled for Saturday or the Pistons will win Friday night against Boston to have a game scheduled for Sunday. Which is more likely if either or any? How about both San Antonio and Detroit win their respective games tonight and Friday to force a game on both Saturday and Sunday? Wouldn't that just suit the league. Which is it gonna be?

Scully

Does anyone know if the finals would begin on Sunday if the Celts were to wrap up their series against Detroit tonight (Friday)?

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

No idea at all Scully...my first year paying any attention to the playoffs. I can't see them doing it though because that could be a major problem for anyone who purchased tickets to the finals.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

NBA Finals start June 5. I don't think it matters if Celtics finish off Detroit tomorrow...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Finals start next Thursday regardless of whether the Celtics/Pistons series ends tomorrow or goes to Game 7.

Here's the schedule:

NBA FINALS - BEST OF SEVEN (2-3-2)
    Date, Time, Network Matchup
    Thu June 5 (9 p.m. ET) abc Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
    Sun June 8 (9 p.m. ET) abc Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
    Tue June 10 (9 p.m. ET) abc Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
    Thu June 12 (9 p.m. ET) abc Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
    #Sun June 15 (9 p.m. ET) abc Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
    #Tue June 17 (9 p.m. ET) abc Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
    #Thu June 19 (9 p.m. ET) abc Lakers at Pistons or Celtics

Scully

Awesome information fellows and thank you for responding, particularly to you Rjt721 for laying out the entire schedule for the Finals.