This is for all the newbies and early bettors too. I began looking into betting a lil over a year ago. I loved all kinds of sports, and always wanted to bet but just didn't know how. I began my homework and gained alot of info or so I thought. I opened an account with $150 and began to bet on the NFL. Like any beginner I betted parlays, and big ones at that, 10 to 15 team parlays ! Take my advice, don't do that period. Yes parlays are very very inticing with the very big pay outs, but it is not worth it. I only hit 2 parlays and they were both in the NBA during the holidays. I soon lost all money, and basically got discouraged and gave up. I felt like betting was not for me.

It was once again this past summer I kinda started to begin thinking about betting again. I began to look into the MLB and studied betting that sport and just doing it on paper only, I didn't do too well. I figured that I'd try my hand at the NFL again, and though I did do a bit better, it has been a struggle at times. This NFL season has been such a pain IMO as there has been some unstability. The NBA preseason was about to begin and I started to do my homework on the teams. The NBA is one sport I really like and is easy to follow for me. I would look at others people posts and think hey I am going to follow this person or that person. Forget doing homework, and just be a follower. But then reality set in and it dawned on me hey, this person can at anytime leave and never post again. So I began to look more and more into stats and different websites. I have gained alot of info just typing different NBA things into google, or just looking through threads. Alot of people on here put in good info. All preseason and the first week of the season I have followed for the most part and did ok for myself. But this week I have started to make my own picks, do my own capping and as of today I am 8-0-1. The 1 was a push. I was soo thrilled to get that first winning bet under my belt. The homework has paid off. Beginners luck maybe, or maybe I have finally found my groove. Either way I am happy and relieved. I do still look at others post, but all this week I have capped my own games.

Here are some helpful sites to look at.... hoopsstats, hoopdata or hoopsdata, look up nba betting on wikipedia and look at the refenece sites at the bottom of the page, and cappersmall ..... just skim though them and look around as there is soo much info. One thing I have done the past year has been just betting the ML, or AST, or totals, folks don't do that, there are alot of options in betting, use them! I bet more now by quarters or halfs than the whole game. What I generally do is sit down and look at all games. I will write down what I think will hit for each game. Who will win what quarters, halfs and so fourth. Then I make what I think will be 3 strong picks. Pick and choose and have fun ! One thing for sure is to manage your money correctly, DON'T TRY TO BE A MILLIONARE OVERNIGHT !!!!!! I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck and again have fun folks, you win some, you loose some!

winner winner chicken dinner !!!!