dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Celtics--- ride then fade ?

I watched the Celtics opener with the Heat, and seen highlights on ESPN and NBAtv with the Cavs. Does it seem to be a safe bet to ride the Celtics in the 1st half quaters / half and fade them in the 2nd half quarters and half. It seems like they come out full of steam in the 1st H and then after halftime, they loose momentum due to tiredness and poor play. They had a 19 pt lead against the Heat at one time, and come the 4th the Heat almost pulled out a win. The Cavs game, it seemed they started off strong then after halftime, they blew it. I know it's still early in the season, but it just seems they are a weaker 2nd half team.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Celtics actually went up by 11 in the 3rd, and outscored the Cavs by 4 that quarter. It was the 4th quarter where they fell apart, and the refs weren't exactly helpful either. The longest 1 second in NBA history is what really gave the Cavs that boost of momentum.

I think betting them early is a good idea, but it depends on who they are playing for fading the late. Young, explosive teams at home, yeah, maybe fade the C's. Otherwise, C's should still be able to bring it home in the 4th. With the amount of experience and talent on that team, no way do they keep putting up bad 4th quarters

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

maybe on to something here