vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Why are people betting so early in NBA season?

Guys, dont be degenerates and start betting on NBA games so early. Wait until a team plays atleast 10-15 games before you start betting on NBA. Betting now is just shooting in the dark. Might as well play blackjack where you have better odds.

Dont be action junkies guys .

jasont
    jasont's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Some of these lines are extremely soft early in the yr.

nastradamus
    nastradamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

agree with jasont!

TheSportsBaron
    TheSportsBaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Guys, dont be degenerates and start betting on NBA games so early. Wait until a team plays atleast 10-15 games before you start betting on NBA. Betting now is just shooting in the dark. Might as well play blackjack where you have better odds.

You're right. I live under a rock, in a vacuum. Therefore, I have no information whatsoever on any of these NBA teams. This is my first time on the internet too.

I was throwing darts earlier tonight and hit the mark on "Celtics +2". Crazy, I know. I threw some more and hit "Celtics are an established team that plays great team defense." Another I hit was "Overrated stars that played no time together in preseason on the road in hostile environment with everybody and their god damn mom watching." Was crazy, I tell you.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsBaron View Post
    You're right. I live under a rock, in a vacuum. Therefore, I have no information whatsoever on any of these NBA teams. This is my first time on the internet too. I was throwing darts earlier tonight and hit the mark on "Celtics +2". Crazy, I know. I threw some more and hit "Celtics are an established team that plays great team defense." Another I hit was "Overrated stars that played no time together in preseason on the road in hostile environment with everybody and their god damn mom watching." Was crazy, I tell you.
    I really hope this guy comes back to this thread if heat wins this game .

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

True in most cases, however doing your homework can lead to some significant angles in these early games, as the lines in the first 2 weeks are the loosest we'll see all season.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

This site is full of degerates or most wouldn't be here! Just don't bet big yet...we need some action though good luck

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

You forgot to add the second part of this imperative:

Even if you find betting on these games to be fun, don't do it until a team plays at least 10 to 15 games. And stay out of strip clubs for the first part of the season, too.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I mentioned several times the past few days to take the Celtics 1st quarter and 1st half. Take Miami in the 2nd half because this is a soap opera and they'll make a run.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

soft lines and overrated teams

Muggy
    Muggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

Defense is still relatively reliable, so it's a major factor in picking totals and sides. But also, because I'm just so damn excited about the season starting.

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books dont know anything more then we do (maybe but nothing too much). The scores will be Under in all three games. So I took the unders

thefuture
    thefuture's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont need 10 or 15 games to have a reason to go against a team who doesnt have a bench or has a star player who is coming off a hamstring injury and has only played 3 minutes in the pre season. Not to mention he hasnt practiced this past week because hes in chicago for a custody hearing.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Take unders in every game the first 2 weeks especially on Tuesdays.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    soft lines and overrated teams

Word. I make most of my money early in the season with most sports. Love early college football.

Anyone else bet the house on 'Bama -12 / Penn St. week 2? That was a gift from gawd.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Doesn't matter what time of the season it is, you can always have a strategy to make money, don't have the square mentality which thinks you have to wait 10-15 games to get a feel for teams, that's when the lines start getting adjusted.