Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Great Live (Inplay) Betting Opportunity for Boston vs Miami Game!

Who cares about who wins the game. Let's talk about trading..

If you have an account in a betting exchange like Matchbook or BetFair. You can make inplay trading and this game is offering a great inplay betting opportunity.

I'm expecting a competitive game in this one. Heat may take the lead but Celtics won't give up. Comebacks may happen in this game.

Let's say Miami Heat takes the lead and price for Heat drops to 1,50. Lay Miami Heat at 1,50. It means you're backing Celtics at 3,00 (+200) while other bettors are backing Heat at 1.50 (-200). So you're in bookie role. They risk -200 to win 100, you risk 50 to win 100.

Lay Miami Heat at 1.50 = Back Boston Celtics at 3.00
    Lay Miami Heat = Miami Heat won't win

Ok, we layed (played against) Miami Heat at 1,50. Our liability is 50$. If Miami lose, we will win 100$. If Miami win, we will lose 50$.

But we want to make profit no matter who wins the game. We're not interested in who wins the game.

So if Celtics takes the lead, then odds will change in Celtics' favor. Lay Celtics at 1,50. So you're backing Miami Heat at 3,00.

You're guaranteed to make a profit right now.

You layed Miami at 1.50. It means you backed Boston at 3,00 (+200)
    You layed Boston at 1.50. It means you backed Miami at 3,00 (+200)

Your net profit will be 100$ no matter who wins the game.

Of course, if there's no comebacks, then you will lose your 50$. So you have to pick your games/spots wisely.

I wish everyone a profitable basketball season. If you're interested in scalping/trading strategies, we can discuss them in Handicappers Think Thank.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 10-26-10 at 06:24 AM.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

In NBA live betting, I really love the most is situation where 1 team get a 10-2 run (especially original dog), or something like that. Coach (of the poor performance team) often call time out = commercial break. Line will be release according to the current score margin, take the dog (in game dog, not orginal line dog). Strong team often find a way to come back, maybe not to the point of covering original spread, but maybe even score for you to hedge back your play with opposite dog (more likely if original favorite down by 10-15, and find the way to come back to even the game......the live betting line will go back to original spread if it is still early in the game..

For example, if original Orlando give Washington 9.5. Game start, washing start out fast and leading by 18 in early 1st q or so.......line probably Orlando become 6-7 points dog or more. I like to take Orlando spread and ML. Soon enough, Orlando will probably come back to break even or slightly leading.........Washington will be come huge money on ML, easy to hedge back your original play.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

I never take huge ML on favorite..........I don't even like to take favorite ML in live betting, not even in 4q.
    In basketball, scores are go back and forth, taking favorite with -400, -500 favorite, and next thing you know they choke about couple of baskets......you play look like dead, or unhedge_able