pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Bulls: Tail them Nail them and burn'em up

Why is Chicago a better team? Rose maturing? Noah turning into an all-star center? Luol Deng becoming a 3 point threat? Carlos Boozer in the paint? Becoming the Chicago Jazz? I can go on and on about why the Bulls are a clearly improved team but there is one x factor and its pretty simple as someone who follows the Bulls religiously.

Simple - The Coach
    Why? The Bulls were a very talented team the last two years and even pushed the Celtics to 7 a couple years ago in the playoffs however when you can coach talent properly, miraculous things will happen.

Simple things, Coach Thibs brings an offensive game plan as opposed to Del Negro running the pick n roll and the weave (I learned that in middle school). Defense! Already the best rebounding team in the NBA, the Bulls have become an even better rebounding team with Derrick Rose playing better defense. Scoring, Depth, The Bulls bench and even their rookie are playing good enough to be starters on other teams. Have you heard of Brewer? He's the 2nd string SG and he was a starter on the Utah Jazz.

I can name a million reasons but the thing with the bulls is that they are able to beat 25 of the teams suringly.

apwmel
    apwmel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3511

Fear the Deer. Mil will win the Central and be the 2nd seed in the east behind Mia.

pokerwhiz90

willing to put a wager on this?

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

The Bulls won't be as good as you think. They have a lot of additions and a new coach, so you can't expect for them to automatically adjust and win 50 games this year. Not to mention, they don't even have a superstar on that team. (Rose is not a superstar) It would similar to the Orlando Magic once you took away Howard. Or the Lakers once you take away Kobe and Gasol. Or Boston if you took away the Big 3. They are built for the future, not to win right away.. So don't be surprise if they are considered a disappointment this season. Better? Yes Will they show it? Probably not this year..

pokerwhiz90

I have the bulls for 49 wins this year - and 4th seed in the east
    i'm not favoring the bulls because they are my favorite team, i just feel like they have a significant edge over milwaulkee (who lost today to minnesota)

The bulls will have 2 all star level and 2 near all star level players starting, that says a lot about a team
    and Miami looks terrible without wade playing

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I think the Bulls would be a decent team, but it is kind of pointless because I can't see them winning the Championship which is what matters the most. Then again, who would of predicted a Giants vs Rangers World Series?

Bradyd

The Bulls still need that superstar. They have built a good team to surround a superstar with, but there is no superstar. And with all the changes they have implemented, they won't be 10 games better than last year.

And Miami didn't look bad without Wade, sure they had games where is wasn't clicking, but so did the Bulls. They even lost to the Bucks. Preseason isn't a true refelction of a team come regular season. It's an experiment of playing your staters limited minutes, throwing in crazy lineups, and giving a 50% effort. The Heat and the Lakers won't look that way when the season starts.

On another note, basketball isn't like Football or baseball. Meaning, there are rarely surprises as to who is in the NBA Finals. Outside of injuries: the finals will consist of the Heat/Celtics/Magic in the East and the Lakers/Mavericks/Spurs in the West... The other teams are either too young and/or too inexperienced to seriously contend...

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Given the inevitable injuries (and current notable injury to Boozer) that the Bulls will have to deal with, I think your prediction is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    I have the bulls for 49 wins this year - and 4th seed in the east
    i'm not favoring the bulls because they are my favorite team, i just feel like they have a significant edge over milwaulkee (who lost today to minnesota)

The bulls will have 2 all star level and 2 near all star level players starting, that says a lot about a team
    and Miami looks terrible without wade playing

pokerwhiz90

hey reppin, is your area code 847?

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

I can't wait to watch the Bulls this year, I expect no less than the 4th seed.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

I agree, Bulls is going to be good this season.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

it will be interesting to see how good they will play in away games

they will start with a loss in okc^^

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    The Bulls won't be as good as you think. They have a lot of additions and a new coach, so you can't expect for them to automatically adjust and win 50 games this year. Not to mention, they don't even have a superstar on that team. (Rose is not a superstar) It would similar to the Orlando Magic once you took away Howard. Or the Lakers once you take away Kobe and Gasol. Or Boston if you took away the Big 3. They are built for the future, not to win right away.. So don't be surprise if they are considered a disappointment this season. Better? Yes Will they show it? Probably not this year..
    Derrick Rose isn't a superstar? You are going to be eating these words at the end of the season pal.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Thibodeau defense will be a big plus
    he will get the most of this team
    I also expect them to cover many spreads

Bradyd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    Derrick Rose isn't a superstar? You are going to be eating these words at the end of the season pal.
    No, Rose is not a superstar at the moment......

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post

Rose does not have a good enough jumper right now to be considered a superstar. There are maybe 5-10 superstars in the league. Superstars can win games by themsevles. Rose won't even sniff that top 10 list for at least another year or two.

nj6

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Rose does not have a good enough jumper right now to be considered a superstar. There are maybe 5-10 superstars in the league. Superstars can win games by themsevles. Rose won't even sniff that top 10 list for at least another year or two.
    Pffft.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why I said at the season's end guys. Just wait and see. This kid has been working his butt off to be the face of this team and this city. You will see it this year, trust me. I'm not putting him in the Kobe and Wade category I'm just saying he will be an elite player by the year's end. COUNT ON IT.

pokerwhiz90

btw Derrick Rose was overall 3rd in midrange jumpshots last year... he's a bonafide mid range shooter, and driving threat, he just needs the 3 pt down and some decent defense (which looks to have improved)

pokerwhiz90

alright guys, just wanted to post this back up and say proved ya so - atleast mid season they are the 3rd best team in the east and drose hasn't been able to play with either noah or boozer together yet they are still the number 2 rebounding team in the league and best defensive team

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by apwmel View Post
    Fear the Deer. Mil will win the Central and be the 2nd seed in the east behind Mia.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Chicago loses to the Heat or the Celtics in the 2nd round after beating Philly or NY.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

the bulls have been the play this year!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
    alright guys, just wanted to post this back up and say proved ya so - atleast mid season they are the 3rd best team in the east and drose hasn't been able to play with either noah or boozer together yet they are still the number 2 rebounding team in the league and best defensive team
    Except you underrated them at 49-33. Looks more like the mid-50's for wins.

There is no question that the Bulls are legitimate title contenders this season, point blank. Only one team can win and there is stiff competition for sure, especially in the East, but it is is well within the realm of possibility. I give them a 17-18% chance of coming out the East and a 9-10% chance of winning it all.

nj6

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    dumbass

pokerwhiz90

my basketball mind tells me lebron is the best player in the league, and 90% of the world will agree with me on that, however who has been more valuable to a single team than derrick rose? how about them apples!

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

all this time maybe Bulls just needed some guy w/funny haircut coaching them

pokerwhiz90

well said whippit, well said

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Quote Originally Posted by apwmel View Post

pokerwhiz90

haha 42 pts, playing with a broken team, mvp candidate, waht more can you ask from a junior?

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

they are still not good.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

The Bulls are 25-4 at home, and beaten elite teams like the Lakers and Spurs, and they have yet to be at full power. Boozer was out earlier in the season, not Noah is, and despite that, they have been very dominant at home. Right now they are a very average team on the road, but that will change once Noah returns. Now if the Bulls get a decent SG, instead of that piece of garbage Bogans, they will be a very good team.