Betpoints: 1176

no traps in playoffs

nice pick Lakers backers

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    no traps in playoffs

nice pick Lakers backers
    Wrong. As i stated about 5 times in this thread, the trap was the inflated LA ML, which many people took. Utah backers should have either won or pushed... Those with an early line got 4 or 4.5. Those who waited for a better number got 5. Those who got 5.5 got a bad line and paid the price. On the other hand, those that got LA +5.5 got what turned out to be a nice line and caught a nice break with Boozer missing those FT's at the end.

P.S. I had Utah 1H (as posted in this thread). I also ended up putting a small amount on Utah -5.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

was not a trap

I don't know why people would take Lakers ML

it was not like most people really thought they would win

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had UTA -4.5. Final score doesn't really tell the story. This could easily have been a DD win. Lakers were never closer than 3 in the 2H, with margin yoyoing between DD and 6 pts for most of the half. UTA relaxed a little early with a 9 pt lead and a minute left, but the Lakers looked very limited to me.

The UTA bench is superior, so game 2 should go the Jazz way as well. I don't see this Lakers bench beat the UTA bench in that hostile environment.

Unless Gasol steps up, Lakers could be in trouble. Gasol was doing the disappearing act that comes from a lack of playoff experience, so these Lakers are only marginally better than before the Gasol trade. As soon as UTA realizes that, the Lakers are going to have to dig very deep.

Remarkable, by the way, that the most classless crowd in the NBA (booing Fisher who put his daughter above the Jazz) is in this particular city...

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I had UTA -4.5. Final score doesn't really tell the story. This could easily have been a DD win. Lakers were never closer than 3 in the 2H, with margin yoyoing between DD and 6 pts for most of the half. UTA relaxed a little early with a 9 pt lead and a minute left, but the Lakers looked very limited to me.

The UTA bench is superior, so game 2 should go the Jazz way as well. I don't see this Lakers bench beat the UTA bench in that hostile environment.

Unless Gasol steps up, Lakers could be in trouble. Gasol was doing the disappearing act that comes from a lack of playoff experience, so these Lakers are only marginally better than before the Gasol trade. As soon as UTA realizes that, the Lakers are going to have to dig very deep.

Remarkable, by the way, that the most classless crowd in the NBA (booing Fisher who put his daughter above the Jazz) is in this particular city...
    As usual, very well put, DH.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Jazz win one game and suddenly the Lakers aren't a great team. Come on, they lost one game on the road so far in the playoffs and suddenly the Jazz are great and the Lakers are just marginly better. This team was on a tear coming into the playoffs, have lost one game, and have not had a non-cover. I will stay off the Jazz bandwagon because I don't think it will carry anyone very far.

As for, Gasol he had 18 and 20 in the first two games and had a rough night all around and still had 12. Gasol is averaging almost 17 points a game in this series so where is the disappearing act? Lakers had the best trade in the NBA by getting him and he has one bad game and now it wasn't that good of a trade. WOW, how soon people forget how dominating the Lakers have been. As for me, I will keep my cash on the Lakers, the better all around team, and the team that has been nothing but $.

Jazz better keep winning at home because they aren't going to get one on the road.

First 12