SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone who picked NYG over NE is picking CLEV

What does this mean?

Several different analysts, websites, etc are picking Cavs series. I think it may be the "let's be different" angle, but just in case it's not, what are your thoughts on how this series will conclude..?

Covers.com has Cavs winning game 7 in Boston.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just because Boston went easy on Atlanta, doesn't mean they'll go easy on Cleveland.

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that we really cant judge what the teams will do by looking at what the teams did in previous series . I know that teams play up to the level of competition and there is a high energy level , and the lack of it depending on who the opponent is .
    I believe there was a fix factor going on in hawks celt series from players .
    Just like how bad the Spurs played tonight . Had me thinking of the russian mafia .
    Guys actually throw a series and dont give a flying f , there's always next year OR NEXT GAME for me to shine is their pep talk . The way these guys play from one game to the next being PROS in the simplest of games is pretty sick to say the least .
    A real pro does not miss wide open shots like talking about it , or forget how to dribble and pass the ball .......

Will there be fix looking bs in cavs celts ? I dont even want to think about it .
    To me Pierce has been dirty plenty of times this year , the list is too long and a waste of time . I know what I see and I know the game of basketball and can play myself .
    I think Celts will sweep them but when they start shooting like 12 year old girls then what can you do but say f these mfers . lol
    Last edited by chipski; 05-06-08 at 02:38 AM.

PureGuava
    PureGuava's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

should be a fun series to watch, def the one i am most interested in these 4 series

lightone
    lightone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chipski View Post
    I think that we really cant judge what the teams will do by looking at what the teams did in previous series . I know that teams play up to the level of competition and there is a high energy level , and the lack of it depending on who the opponent is .
    I believe there was a fix factor going on in hawks celt series from players .
    Just like how bad the Spurs played tonight . Had me thinking of the russian mafia .
    Guys actually throw a series and dont give a flying f , there's always next year OR NEXT GAME for me to shine is their pep talk . The way these guys play from one game to the next being PROS in the simplest of games is pretty sick to say the least .
    A real pro does not miss wide open shots like talking about it , or forget how to dribble and pass the ball .......

Will there be fix looking bs in cavs celts ? I dont even want to think about it .
    To me Pierce has been dirty plenty of times this year , the list is too long and a waste of time . I know what I see and I know the game of basketball and can play myself .
    I think Celts will sweep them but when they start shooting like 12 year old girls then what can you do but say f these mfers . lol
    Agree with you that there was alot of fixing going on in the 1st round but I mean that's to be expected with the difference in talent between the teams in some of those matchups. In the case of atlanta, the celtics know they can beat them by 30+ pretty much whenever they want, so why not make a lil extra on the side? there was never any danger of losing the series, even when it went to game 7. Or game 3 of the pistons-76'ers when detroit had more turnovers than baskets? Then of course the spurs laughing and joking on the bench after playing no defense and down by 20 in the 4th quarter in phoenix knowing they would wrap up the series at home next game in front of their fans.

I think as it gets deeper in the playoffs there will be less fixing going on because the opposing teams get better. I think the celts would be less inclined to sandbag vs. the cavs because of the lebron factor, but who knows.

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celt's roll. Cleveland is getting too much respect against a team with 3 future HOF's. Cleveland doesn't have the starter's or bench to keep up. This will be a 5 game seris.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland doesn't have what it takes to beat Boston. Cavs will be stagnant until they get another coach and another style of playing, with Lebron finishing instead of doing everything.

SBR Lou

Laying wood

I'm on Boston for series.

I'm actually amazed -700 was available, not sure if it's in part public perception of how Boston didn't sweep Atlanta or what, but I wasn't about to pass up this opportunity.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Cleveland doesn't have what it takes to beat Boston. Cavs will be stagnant until they get another coach and another style of playing, with Lebron finishing instead of doing everything.
    Noticed ESPN airing 30 minutes of clips from Lakers/Celtics back in the day. It seems the networks are on par with what many feel the NBA is pulling for.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hornets-Pistons is now my ideal final.

Kind of scratching my head about game 1. Lebron scored two baskets. If he hits his normal percentage of shots the Cavs take this game easy. I knew Boston was soft, but this soft?!

chipski
    chipski's Avatar Become A Pro!

when the celtics players decide to play for real you will see it . it wont be hard to distinguish game 1 from game 2 .
    what will you see ? you will see pierce hitting 3s , allen hitting 3s , both of those superstars playing like the all stars that they are .
    we wont know when the all stars will show up so i would leave it alone .

as far as lebron ? the celtics are a great defensive team when they want to be , if it is on the up and up . and frankly wally sucks .
    doesn't take much to build a lead knocking some 3s down . of course when the celtics keep missing , just like the spurs , IT WILL MAKE THE OTHER TEAM LOOK GOOD . BETTER THAN THEY REALLY ARE .
    you can go out in your backyard now and practice throwing a game , all you have to do is keep missing . lmao
    all stars dont perform the way the spurs or celtcis performed in game 1 or game 2 .
    maybe i am missing something . i can hit 25 ft jumpers just waking up out the bed .
    and keep on draining them if i'm open . i must be missing something ...

we all can recognize talent and dominance no matter what field . the dominance shows itself . when pierce has 30 pts then what ? when allen has 25 pts then what ?
    it will be a spread cover .
    spurs ? thought they were has beens before the series started but got tricked up in game 2 .
    why ? played for the simple split , was last one i needed on 3 ten teamers , so i covered it but did not get as much as i would have if spurs +2.5 was good . they ****in sucked !!!!

i would have hit some more of them if gagne didnt blow the save and if the indians had beat the sorry ass royals , IN CLEV !!! what a joke . indians were the only home team to lose in the american leauge that day and the only fav to lose in the al that day , could it get any ____ . too amazing .
    I too like celtics vs lakers . but not if pierce is throwing the series like ginob has been .
    Last edited by chipski; 05-07-08 at 05:28 AM. Reason: add