SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans +125 Series... This a joke?

Please help me understand this.

Besides the flopping and dirty play of SA, which is a very big thing to get around, is this just a ridiculously good price or what..?

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

???

seems right to me

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I dont think SA flops or plays dirty. They are in fact the defending champions at last check.

But, the price is a little off here. I like NO at +money. The last game they played in March showed that NO can beat this Spurs edition. NO has home court so +money is a bit of a value play.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I dont think SA flops or plays dirty. They are in fact the defending champions at last check.
    Your location says Texas at last check.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    But, the price is a little off here. I like NO at +money. The last game they played in March showed that NO can beat this Spurs edition. NO has home court so +money is a bit of a value play.
    It's an incredible price..

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still like the Hornets to represent the West but never pulled the trigger on it.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I think the Hornets get schooled here. The Spurs simply have too much playoff experience for them. The only threat to San Antonio is the Lakers.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

The Spurs do have the experience...lack of playoff experience is the only reason I didn't bet on the Hornets to win the West.

MiamiBoy86
    MiamiBoy86's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have to take the games between these two with a grain of salt...i saw what Phoenix did to San Antonio during the reg. season, and put a healthy amount on Phoenix to take them out during the 1st round...we all know how that ended up, so be a little wary of making your decision to back the Hornets based on those results...that said, I will again be betting against the Spurs, just on a game-to-game basis....

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I think the Hornets get schooled here. The Spurs simply have too much playoff experience for them. The only threat to San Antonio is the Lakers.
    Yup. If you're waiting to get a better price on the Hornets, wait until they drop game 1 at home.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Please help me understand this.
    Did you watch the Hornets/Mavs series? If you did, you know that the Mavs made the Hornets look really good - not that they aren't a good team - but the Spurs will be playing defense, something Dallas did not worry about.

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Did you watch the Hornets/Mavs series? If you did, you know that the Mavs made the Hornets look really good - not that they aren't a good team - but the Spurs will be playing defense, something Dallas did not worry about.
    The Hornets also played great, I think the Spurs/Hornets series will be close as long as Bowen doesn't find some way to hurt Chris Paul..I'll take -150 on chances of Bowen hurting someone in this series. book it

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Yea Crazyl, I'm a big time Spurs fan from way back in the ABA days. The Iceman, Billy 'The Whopper' Paultz, Larry 'Grasshopper' Kenon. Safe to say I was at many of Spurs games before most of the posters here were born. All that and 2 greenbacks will get me a cup of coffee at starbucks (no tip).

The Spurs are a tough out but this team is not deep like the last 3 championships they won. NO's wears down teams that are not deep. Thats exactly what happened in their last meeting. The price should be Pick. They will wear down SA but can NO handle the pressure? So plus money on NO yes - has value - not a slam dunk though.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think people underestimate just how good new orleans is. though i suck, i think new orleans beats the spurs

YoungMoney23

i respect ryans opinion because hes been on the hornets with me the whole year....same with my man diogee - we do have the TRUE mvp of the league on the hornets, so..

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMoney23 View Post
    The Hornets also played great, I think the Spurs/Hornets series will be close as long as Bowen doesn't find some way to hurt Chris Paul..I'll take -150 on chances of Bowen hurting someone in this series. book it
    Hornets made the shots they were given, key being that the Mavs pretty much gave them anything they wanted. They won't get that against the Spurs. I don't know how many times Paul got into the lane and scored on that floater vs. DAL, but that was ridiculous and the # of open looks for Peja? Sheesh. Don't doubt the Hornets will stick with SA for 7 though.

motley
    motley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs are unlike the Mavs.
    i don't see david west having his way against tim duncan and those lob passes to tyson chandler would be defended for he would not be the lone big man patrolling the paint. if bowen would defend cp3 then cp3 would have a very hard time to score and pass and without cp3 NO would have a hard time to come up with offense. and last time i check cp3 can defend but can he defend a tony parker?? i don't think so.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMoney23 View Post
    i respect ryans opinion because hes been on the hornets with me the whole year....same with my man diogee - we do have the TRUE mvp of the league on the hornets, so..
    True, but it was due to Bryant a long time ago. Unfortunately Paul gets robbed this year when Kobe finally gets it.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I feel the Hornets are more talented than the Spurs but I also felt the Suns were more talented and they lost to the Spurs. The Hornets can win the series if they can get West going down low and Peja makes his outside shot with defenders in his face. I think Chris Paul is gone be Chris Paul and get his regardless.

As for game one prediction I think the Spurs win. The Hornets may be feeling a littel over confiedent considering how easy it was to score against Dallas plus they beat San Antonio by 25 in their last meeting.

SBR Lou

1-0 Hornets.

YoungMoney23

CHRIS MOTHERFUCCKING PAUL ladies and gents.....1-0

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

CP3 time.
    Cashed game and 2H...Hornets=2H money machine.

YoungMoney23

got that right D, good job bro i hit on the game and 2H as well. eassssssiest money with hornets 2nd half....its always CA$H

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

people underestimate new orleans all yr long

EaglesPhan36

Spurs now +160 for the series. Yummy.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I too fell for the Suns versus Spurs series price. The NO series price looked good alsoa but I resisted and took the Spurs. I cannot win for losing.